Facts About Van Hunt
|Celebrated Name||Van Hunt|
|Age||53 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Van Hunt|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Dayton, Ohio|
|Father||Van Hunt, Sr|
|Famous For||Famous as a Grammy winning singer|
|Best Known For||Known as the boyfriend of Halle Berry.|
|Net Worth||$18 million|
|College / University||Morehouse College|
Van Hunt is an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and record producer, who entered the music industry with his self-titled debut album, "Van Hunt"(2004). Multi-talented musician Van Hunt is a Grammy Award winner who has won the Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals for appearing on the tribute version of the song, "Family Affair", in 2007.
In his 23 years long career, Hunt has released more than a dozen songs and has toured with iconic musicians such as Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys, Coldplay, and Kanye West.
Hunt has been trending on social media sites following the confirmation about his relationship with Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry. The news surfaced the air after Berry posted a photo on Instagram: @halleberry with over 6.5 million followers on Thursday, September 17, 2020, wearing a pageboy cap with a Van Hunt merch t-shirt with a caption, "now ya know...".
Also, in August 2020, Hunt himself posted a photo of her kissing his cheek on his Instagram: @vanhunt with over 17k followers and is also active on Twitter: @vanhunt with over 15k followers.
What is Van Hunt Famous for?
- Famous as a Grammy-winning singer.
- Known as the boyfriend of Halle Berry.
Where was Van Hunt Born?
Van Hunt was born on March 8, 1970, in Dayton, Ohio, United States. His birth name is Van Hunt. His nationality is American. Hunt belongs to African-American ethnicity while Pisces is his zodiac sign.
Van Hunt was born in a well-to-do family as his father, Van Hunt, Sr., was a friend of Ohio Players drummer Jimmy "Diamond" Williams. Hunt also had an interest in music since his childhood that he took up the drums at an early age of 7 and saxophone at the age of 8, later learning bass and keyboards. He also played guitar in a rock band called Royalty.
After graduating from high school, Hunt moved to Arlington, Texas for a short time before relocating to Atlanta, Georgia in 1996 to attend Morehouse College, where he studied English, but soon dropped out to focus his career in music.
For living in Texas, he started producing a few hip-hop demos for Atlanta rappers in order to pay bills. Subsequently, through his work on demos, he met up-and-coming record producers and artists like Dallas Austin, Jermaine Dupri, and TLC.
Van Hunt's Career Highlights
- Van Hunt began his professional career initially writing and co-producing the song "Hopeless" for singer Dionne Farris. He also joined her band on guitar and keyboards. Working with Farris he met Randy Jackson who later became Hunt's manager in 2002.
- He co-wrote several songs with Rahsaan Patterson on his album, "Love in Stereo"(1999), and co-wrote with Cree Summer the song, "Mean Sleep" in 1999.
- Hunt released his debut album titled "Van Hunt" on February 24, 2004, by Capitol Records. The album included singles "Down Here in Hell (With You)", "Dust", and "Seconds of Pleasure".
- The album was followed by his second album titled "On The Jungle Floor" which was released on April 4, 2006. The album featured the single, "Character", "Mean Sleep", and a cover of "No Sense of Crime" by The Stooges.
- In 2006, Hunt appeared with Nikka Costa on the Sam Moore's song "If I Had No Loot" and also on "Half the Fun".
- For covering the Sly & the Family Stone song, "Family Affair", Hunt along with John Legend won a Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals in 2007.
- On August 7, 2007, he released the 4 track digital EP, "The Popular Machine".
- In May 2009, he released "Use in Case of Emergency", a compilation of demos, remixes, and B-sides recorded between 1997 and 2005, through his Web site. The same year, he performed on the theme song for the film Hurricane Season, entitled "Be on Our Way".
- On June 15, 2011, his first song in 3 years titled "June" was released followed by the release of his third album, "What Were You Hoping For?" on his own record label called Godless Hotspot.
- In 2015, he released another album titled "The Fun Rises, The Fun Sets".
- In August 2017, his full-length album, "Popular" finally was released on all online distributors 10 years after it was shelved.
Who is Van Hunt Dating?
Van Hunt is currently in a relationship with beautiful Halle Berry. Berry is a popular Oscar-winning American actress who has starred in a number of films including, "Boomerang", "The Flinstones", "Bulworth" and "Introducing Dorothy Dandridge". She also ranked first runner-up in the Miss USA pageant and sixth in the Miss World 1986.
Hunt and Berry's relationship has been one of the hot topics all over the internet following their confirmation as it was shocking that Berry who is really sensitive about her private life herself announced their relationship status.
Their confirmation was officially made after Berry posted a photo on Thursday, September 17, 2020, wearing a pageboy cap with a Van Hunt merch t-shirt with a caption, "now ya know..." seeming to confirm fans' suspicion that Berry is dating Hunt.
The foot emoji on the caption actually was related to one of the photos which Berry several weeks ago with her feet next to someone else's(not tagged) but left the caption, "sunday, funday". It got to confirmation as in August 2020, Hunt himself posted a photo of the couple in which Berry was seen kissing his cheek.
Aside from his dating life with Berry, Hunt is a father of his only son named Drake who enjoys football and is attending New York University as of 2020.
What is the Net Worth of Van Hunt?
Van Hunt has quite good earnings from his professional career as a singer and songwriter. Having started his career since 1997, Hunt has undoubtedly managed to amass a healthy fortune from his over 23 years long career.
Including most of his incomes, Hunt has a wealthy net worth which is estimated to be around $18 million. While his girlfriend, Halle Berry has a whopping career estimated at $80 million.
How Tall is Van Hunt?
Van Hunt is a good-looking man in his 50s. Hunt has a well maintained athletic body physique with white beard and black hair. Hunts stand tall with a height of 5ft. 9inch. while his body weight is around 80kg.