Last updated on January 6th, 2021 at 04:16 pm
Facts About Van Jones
|Celebrated Name||Van Jones|
|Age||54 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Anthony Kapel Jones|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Jackson, Tennessee|
|Best Known For||Co-host of CNN's political debate show, "Crossfire"|
|Father||Willie Anthony Jones|
|High School||Jackson Central-Merry High School|
|College / University||University of Tennessee|
|Education||B.S. in communication and political science|
|University||Yale Law School|
|Educational Qualification||J.D. degree|
|Marital Status||Married and Divorced|
|Son||Cabral Jones and Mattai Jones|
|Net Worth||$1.5 million|
|Height||6ft. 1inch.(1.85 m)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Van Jones is an American news commentator, author, and non-practicing attorney who has also served as President Barack Obama's Special Advisor for Green Jobs. Jones is also a co-host of CNN's political debate show, "Crossfire". Jones even has received the NAACP President's Award and also was named as one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
What is Van Jones Famous for?
- Famous as co-host of CNN's political debate show, "Crossfire".
When and Where was Van Jones Born?
Van Jones was born on September 20, 1968, in Jackson, Tennessee, United States. He was born as Anthony Kapel Jones. His nationality is American. Jones belongs to African-American ethnicity while Virgo is his zodiac sign.
Van Jones was born to a well-educated family as her father, Willie Anthony Jones, was a principal at a middle school and his mother, Loretta Jean, was a high school teacher. Jones was raised in the Christian Methodist Episcopal Church along with his twin sister, Angela Jones where his grandfather was a leader. Jones was bookish and bizarre as a child.
Jones graduated from Jackson Central-Merry High School in 1986. He later got graduated from the University of Tennessee at Martin (UT Martin) with a B.S. in communication and political science. In 1992, he joined Yale Law School and graduated with a J.D. degree in 1993.
Previously, Jones also had worked as an intern at the Jackson Sun, the Shreveport Times, and the Associated Press. Jones was even affiliated with the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights in 1992 and in 1996, Jones founded a new umbrella NGO, the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights.
Van Jones Career Highlights
- Van Jones served as executive director for several advocacy projects.
- He was honored with the "Reebok International Human Rights Award" in 1998.
- Jones published his first book titled "The Green Collar Economy" in 2008.
- Jones received the "Puffin/Nation Prize for Creative Citizenship" and World Economic Forum “Young Global Leader in 2008.
- Jones was appointed as Special Advisor for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality in March 2009.
- In 2010, Jones became a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress.
- Jones launched an advocacy project called "Rebuild The Dream" in 2011.
- Jones published his second book, titled "Rebuild the Dream" which debuted at no. 16 on the New York Times Best Seller list in April 2012.
- Jones was appointed as a co-host of a re-boot of the CNN political debate show, "Crossfire" in 2013.
- He was also an Administrator advisor of former President Barack Obama.
- In 2015, Jones also had received "NAACP President’s Award", "Rainbow Push Coalition’s Vanguard Award" and "David E. Glover Vanguard Award".
- Jones launched CNN's news documentary series, "The Messy Truth," in 2016.
- In 2017, Jones launched studio discussion series, "The Messy Truth with Van Jones", aired on CNN.
- In 2018, Jones launched "The Van Jones Show" on CNN, with Jay-Z as his first guest.
- Jones is also the President of "The Dream Corps" which owns and operates several advocacy projects.
- Jones also had founded "Advocates for Opioid Recovery" along with the former House Speaker, Newt Gingrich, and former Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy.
- Jones also has received Time Magazine’s "Environmental hero" and "Elle Magazine Green Awards".
- Currently, Jones serves on the board of trustees at Demos.
Who is Van Jones Married To?
The former CNN anchor, Van Jones was married to social activist, Jana Carter. Carter was the director of the Search for Common Ground's USA Racial Healing Program. Jones and Carter had tied a knot in 2005 however, after living for 13 years together the couple reached a decision to get divorced and separate their pathways.
Jones and Carter together had two sons: Cabral Jones and Mattai Jones.
How Much Does Van Jones Earn?
The 51 years old, Van Jones has quiet a great earning through his professional career as a news commentator, author, and attorney. Jones has managed to amass a great fortune in million dollars through his several attorney projects, shows, and his books. Jones enjoys his fortune which is estimated to be $1.5 million.
Jones used to earn an average salary of $57 thousand as a news anchor on CNN.
How Tall is Van Jones?
Van Jones is a tall dark and good looking guy with glasses. Jones stands tall with a height of 6ft. 1inch.(1.85m) while his body weighs around 87kg. Jones has a dark complexion with black hair and dark brown eyes.