Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 03:00 pm
Facts About Vince Gilligan
|56 Years Old
|Director , Writer
|Place Of Birth
|George Vincent Gilligan Sr.
|Will Add Soon
|$4.25 Millions per year
|Source of Wealth
|Writing, Direction, Producing career
George Vincent Gilligan Jr. famed as Vince Gilligan is a famous American writer, producer, as well as a director who is famous for his television work, specifically as creator, head writer, executive producer, and director of AMC's Breaking Bad and its spin-off Better Call Saul. Moreover, he is also the writer and producer of The X-Files and the co-creator of The Lone Gunmen. He is the recipient of many awards including two Primetime Emmy Awards, six Writers Guild of America Awards, two Critics' Choice Television Awards and Producers Guild of America Awards, one Directors Guild of America Award and a BAFTA. Overall, he is a very talented person.
Early Life of Vince
On 10th February 1967, Vince Gilligan was born as George Vincent Gilligan Jr. His birthplace is in Richmond, Virginia, the USA. As of 2019, he celebrated his 52nd birthday with his friends and families. He is the son of Gail, a grade school teacher, and George Vincent Gilligan Sr., an insurance claims adjuster. His parents divorced in 1974 and he and his younger brother, Patrick, were raised in Farmville and Chesterfield County. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. His religion is Catholic. Regarding his education, he went to the laboratory school run by Longwood College. Later, he won a scholarship to attend the prestigious Interlochen Center for the Arts.
Body Measurements of Vince
Vince is a very handsome and hot person luring a lot of beautiful woman towards him. With his attractive personality and charismatic character, he has won the heart of many audiences. The height of Vince is measured at 6 feet. His hair color is dark brown with the straight hair tyle. His skin tone is ligh skin. His eye color is brown. His balanced weight is around 165 lbs. Information regarding his body measurements, biceps size, and more details will be updated soon.
Career of Vince
- Vince rose to fame when he joined the Fox television drama The X-Files as he was a big fan of the show.
- He then submitted a script to Fox which became the second-season episode "Soft Light".
- Moreover, he went on to write 29 more episodes.
- He also became a co-executive producer of 44 episodes, executive producer of 40, co-producer of 24, and supervising producer of 20.
- He co-created and became executive producer of The X-Files spin-off series The Lone Gunmen and the series only ran for one season of 13 episodes.
- After that, he created, wrote, directed, and produced the AMC drama series Breaking Bad.
- Breaking Bad received widespread critical acclaim and has been praised by many critics as being among the greatest television dramas of all time.
- Also, he was awarded numerous times for writing, directing, and producing the series. He was awarded four times by the Writers Guild of America from 2012 to the year 2014; three awards for the part of Breaking Bad writing team and one individual for writing the episode "Box Cutter".
- He achieved two Primetime Emmys in 2013 and 2014 for producing the show.
- Moreover, he won the Directors Guild of America Award for directing the finale of Breaking Bad, "Felina" in the year 2014.
- Sony Pictures Television announced a deal with AMC to produce a Breaking Bad spin-off prequel entitled Better Call Saul in 2013.
- He co-created the series with Breaking Bad writer Peter Gould, with both of them acting as showrunners.
- The first episode, which he directed and co-wrote, premiered on 8th February 2015.
- Later, it was announced that Gilligan had agreed to stay with Sony TV on a new three-year deal in July 2018.
- He then confirmed that he is working on a Breaking Bad movie titled El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie in the same year of 2018 in November.
- Vince has a screenplay produced in 1993 for the romantic comedy film, Wilder Napalm for the first time in the career of film.
- Another screenplay was produced as a film, Home Fries.
- He was hired by The X-Files creator Chris Carter to be a consulting producer on his new series Harsh Realm.
- He then wrote three episodes of the short-lived police procedural series Robbery Homicide Division and an episode of the ABC series Night Stalker.
- He and fellow The X-Files producer Frank Spotnitz wrote a sci-fi pilot entitled A.M.P.E.D. in the year 2007.
- He rewrote the screenplay for the 2008 Will Smith film Hancock.
- His acting debut was in the 2014 comedy series Community.
- He then creates a new television series Battle Creek.
- CBS ordered thirteen episodes and the series aired on CBS starting 1st March 2015 but decided not to renew the series for a second season.
Marital Status, Wife, Child, Girlfriend
Vince is not married yet but he is in a relationship with his girlfriend, Holly Rice. Vince has been with his girlfriend since 1991. At present, the couple is living blissful moments with each other and there is no sign of disturbances between them. The couple is enjoying their life a lot. There is no information revealed regarding their children.
Net Worth of Vince Gilligan
The net worth of this famous American television writer, director, and producer is estimated to have $35 Million as of 2019. His net worth is mostly calculated from the TV career. His salary is estimated to have $354,166.67 per month and $4.25 Millions per year. While his weekly salary is $81,730.77. His source of earning is from his TV career and he is satisfied with his earnings.