Last updated on June 28th, 2022 at 01:13 am
Facts About Vivica A. Fox
|Celebrated Name||Vivica A. Fox|
|Age||58 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Vivica Anjanetta Fox|
|Place Of Birth||South Bend, Indiana|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Brothers||William Fox, Marvin Fox|
|School||Arlington High School|
|High School||Golden West College|
|Net Worth||$6 million as of 2020|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches|
Vivica A. Fox is an American actress, producer, and television host who got recognition for her role as Jasmine Dubrow in the 1996 American epic science fiction action film "Independence Day". Fox made her first TV appearance in 1983 by appearing on Soul Train. She has also won an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series for appearing as FBI Agent Nicole Scott in the Canadian crime drama series "Missing".
Fox is quite active in social media sites with over 1.4 million followers on Instagram: @msvfox and over 579k followers on Twitter: @MsVivicaFox.
What is Vivica A. Fox famous for?
- Famous as an American actress, producer, and television host
- Known for her role of Jasmine Dubrow in the American science fiction action film "Independence Day"
Where is Vivica A. Fox from? Vivica A. Fox Home Town, Nationality & Parents
Vivica A. Fox was born on July 30, 1964, in South Bend, Indiana, United States. Her birth name is Vivica Anjanetta Fox. American is her nationality. Her ethnicity is African-American. She is of Native-African descent. Leo is her zodiac sign. She is Christain by religion.
She was born to William Fox(father) and Everlyena Fox(mother). Her father was a private school administrator while her mother was a pharmaceutical technician. After her birth, her family moved to Benton Harbor, Michigan. She has two brothers named William Fox, and Marvin Fox. Her only sister is Alecia Williams.
Vivica was raised in Michigan. He did his schooling at Arlington High School where he got graduated in 1982. Growing up, she also joined dancing and acting classes.
Later, he attended the Golden West College in Huntington Beach, California, and got graduated with an AA degree in Social Science. While enrolling at the College, she worked as a dancer on the Amerian music dance television program "Soul Train" in 1983-1984 and then decided to pursue her career in acting.
Vivica A. Fox Career: Highlights
- Vivica A. Fox started her professional acting career in 1988 by appearing in the role of Carmen Silva on the NBC daytime soap opera "Days of Our Lives".
- She made her film debut by playing the role of Hooker in the American biographical war drama film "Born on the Fourth of July" in 1989.
- She continued her acting career by making guest appearances in many TV shows and series such as "China Beach", "Who's the Boss?", "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air", "Beverly Hills, 90210", "Family Matters", and "Matlock".
- In 1989, she began portraying the lead role of Maya Reubens in the American soap opera "Generations". After casting her in the lead role, the show became the first soap opera to feature from its inception an African-American family. She stayed in the show till 1991.
- Then, she played the role of Charisse Chamberlain on the NBC sitcom "Out All Night" from 1992 to 1993.
- She also appeared as Dr. Stephanie Simmons on the American television soap opera "The Young and the Restless" from 1994-95.
- She had a cameo role in the American comedy film "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood" in 1995.
- Fox got her career breakthrough in 1996 with her role as Will Smith's character's girlfriend, Jasmine Dubrow in the American epic science fiction blockbuster "Independence Day". Her role in the film earned her good reviews and also many awards and nominations.
- Since then, she has not looked back in her career and has starred in over 100 Hollywood films and series.
- She has starred in many films such as Booty Call (1997), Soul Food (1997), Why Do Fools Fall in Love (1998), Kingdom Come (2001), Two Can Play That Game (2001), and Boat Trip (2002).
- She also appeared as Vernita Green in the martial arts film "Kill Bill: Volume 1" and "Kill Bill: Volume 2".
- In the year 2004, she began co-producing and starring as FBI special agent Nicole Scott in the Lifetime television drama series "Missing". She stayed in the series till 2006.s
- She also has produced many films including "Motives", "The Salon", "Getting Played" and "Three Can Play That Game".
- Fox portrayed the recurring role of Loretta Black in the American comedy television series "Club Your Enthusiasm" from 2007-2009.
- She has made her appearances in many TV series such as "Law & Order", "Glam God with Vivica A. Fox", "Drop Dead Diva", "Prank My Mom", "Mr. Box Office", "Sofia the First", and "Empire".
- She also had given her voice for the role of Angel Dynamite/Cassidy Williams in the American animated mystery comedy-drama series "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated" from 2010-2013.
- She was a judge on The WB's talent show "The Starlet".
- She has appeared in many movies such as "The Hard Corps", "Kickin' It Old Skool", "Cover", "The Slammin' Salmon", "Trapped: Haitian Nights", "Black November", "Line of Duty", "The Good, the Bad and the Dead", and "The Last Sharknado: It's About Time".
- In 2019, she made her appearance in the American television panel show "To Tell the Truth".
- Fox also appeared as herself in the 2020 American crime thriller film "Arkansas".
- She has portrayed the role of Cindy in the American comedy-drama film "Hooking Up" in 2020.
- She will also be starring in her new movie, "The Wrong Cheerleader Coach" and "Soul Train".
Vivica A. Fox Awards and Nominations
For Independence Day
MTV Movie Award for Best Kiss shared with Will Smith
Universe Reader's Choice Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Genre Motion Picture
Nominated for MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance
Nominated for Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress
For Soul Food
Acapulco Black Film Festival Award for Best Actress
Nominated for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture
MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance
For Kingdom Come
Nominated for BET Award for Best Actress
Nominated for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture
For Two Can Play That Game
Nominated for BET Award for Best Actress
Black Reel Award for Best Actress
For Kill Bill: Volume 1
Nominated for BET Award for Best Actress
Nominated – Black Reel Award for Best Supporting Actress
Nominated for Black Reel Award for Best Independent Film
NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series
Nominated for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series
For Club Your Enthusiasm
Nominated for NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Is Vivica A. Fox Dating? Who Is Vivica A. Fox's Husband?
Vivica A. Fox is a married and divorced woman. Fox was married to Christopher "Sixx-Nine" Harvest. Harvest is a country singer. The couple tied the knot in December 1998 and later got divorced in 2002. Previously, she also dated American rapper, actor, and television producer, Curtis Jackson III, known by the name "50 Cent" in 2003.
Then, she was in a relationship with a club promoter, Omar "Slim" White. They also got engaged. However, they broke up after their ten-month engagement in November 2011.
Fox is not blessed with any children and it is the only thing in her life that she regrets. Also on September 20, 2020, she was ready to co-host E!'s Life From the Red Carpet virtual pre-show for the 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards. However, she got backed out after she tested positive for COVID-19 from which she has already recovered. At present, she is living a happy life in her house in Los Angels.
Vivica A. Fox Net Worth, Income Sources
Vivica A. Fox has earned a good amount of money from her profession as an actress and producer. Having started her career in 1983, she has reached great heights in her career.
With all of her earnings, Fox has an estimated net worth of $6 million as of 2020. Her movies like "Independence Day" and "Kill Bill" earned huge profits of $817 million on $180 million respectively. She also earns from her endorsement deals with many brands.
Vivica A. Fox Height, Weight & Figure
Vivica A. Fox is a beautiful woman in her mid-60s. She has a well-maintained body with brown hair and a pair of brown eyes. She stands tall with a height of 5ft 5inches(1.7m) and has a bodyweight of around 57kg. She has an hourglass-shaped body with a body measurement of 36-28-39 inches. She wears a shoe of size 8(US).