Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 10:14 am
Facts About Wade Miley
|Celebrated Name||Wade Miley|
|Age||36 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Wade Miley|
|Place Of Birth||Hammond, Louisiana|
|Mother||Will Add Soon|
|High School||Loranger High School|
|University||Southeastern Louisiana University|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches|
|Net Worth||Will Add Soon|
|Current Team||Houston Astros|
An American professional baseball pitcher who is playing for the Houston Astros of Major League Baseball (MLB) is named for Wade Miley. Previously, he has played in MLB for the Arizona Diamondbacks, Boston Red Sox, Seattle Mariners, Baltimore Orioles, and Milwaukee Brewers.
Wade Miley's superb start squandered as Astros fall to A's in 11 innings
Astros closer Roberto Osuna turned to watch it go, his mouth agape. A.J. Hinch did, too, with a finger pressed to his lips. The Minute Maid Park crowd groaned before going silent. There were no words. None were needed to explain the shock of seeing Matt Olson's go-ahead three-run homer in the ninth inning reach the second deck, ruin Wade Miley's exquisite eight innings, and hammer Osuna with a third blown save. Olson would have erased Miley's start, was it not spun and undone so vividly. Miley threw 51/3 perfect innings, nulled three runners in the seventh and tried to complete a shutout in the ninth. With a two-run lead erased, the Astros were about to end their Tuesday evening swiftly in misery. Instead, it was delayed.
Wade Miley sharp in no-decision
Wade Miley allowed two runs on four hits and two walks while striking out six in eight innings in Tuesday's 4-3 extra-inning loss to the Athletics. Miley carried a shutout into the ninth inning and put the first two runners on before getting the hook. He watched Roberto Osuna give up a three-run homer to Matt Olson, which cost Miley his ninth win of the year. He owns a 3.18 ERA, 1.11 WHIP and 100:38 K: BB through 121 2/3 innings. Miley's next scheduled start is Sunday, away against the Cardinals.
Early Life of Wade Miley
On 13th November 1986, Wade was born in Hammond, Louisiana. He grew up in Loranger, Louisiana, a town of only 6,100 residents and only 1,924 households. His father, Wendell, was a mechanic for 18 wheelers. There is no information regarding his mother and siblings. As of 2018, he celebrated his 32nd birthday. He attended Loranger High School and Southeastern Louisiana University, where he played college baseball for the Southeastern Louisiana Lions baseball team. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. His religion is Christian.
Body Measurements of Wade Miley
Wade Miley is a very handsome baseball player with an awesome beard. He has a perfect height matching with his weight. He has also got a very charming smile on his lips attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a tall height of 6 feet 2 inches and balanced weight of 220 lbs. His other body measurements will be added soon. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Career of Wade Miley
- Wade began his career from his college baseball at Southeastern Louisiana University.
- Later, he was selected by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the first round of the 2008 Major League Baseball draft.
- He made his debut professionally with the Yakima Bears of the Class A-Short Season Northwest League. Miley was called up to the majors for the first time on 15th august 2011.
- He was also named the National League (NL) Rookie of the Month for April 2012, pitching 3-0 with a 1.29 earned-run average (ERA), striking out 15 in 21 innings in two starts.
- He was also named an NL All-Star in his rookie season after beginning the 2012 season with a 9-5 record with a 3.04 ERA.
- He lost to Bryce Harper for the National League Rookie of the Year in 2012.
- He hit his first career home run on 22nd April 2013.
- He would pitch to a 4.34 ERA with 183 strikeouts and a win-loss record of 8-12 in 2014.
- The Diamondbacks traded Miley to the Boston Red Sox in exchange for pitchers Rubby De La Rosa and Allen Webster and infielder Raymel Flores on 12th December 2014.
- Later, he and the Red Sox agreed on a three-year $19.25 million contract extension 5th February 2015.
- He won his first game with the Red Sox, throwing 5 2/3 shutout innings versus the Tampa Bay Rays on 21st April 2015.
- Later, the Red Sox traded Miley and Jonathan Aro to the Seattle Mariners for Roenis Elías and Carson Smith on 7th December 2015.
- Then the Mariners traded Miley to the Baltimore Orioles for Ariel Miranda on 31st July 2016.
- He signed a minor-league deal with the Milwaukee Brewers on 14th February 2018.
- On 1st February 2019, he signed a one-year contract worth $4.5 million with the Houston Astros.
Marital Status, Wife, Children
Miley is a married person. He was married to Kate, his wife. The couple is also blessed with a son who was born on September 2016. As of today, the couple is living a happy life with their children. There is no sign of any disturbances between them.
Net Worth of Wade Miley
Wade Miley is a famous and successful baseball pitcher. There is no doubt that his net worth will be surely in millions. But his exact net worth has not been revealed yet but it will be added soon. He has a salary of $2,500,000 as of 2019. He is enjoying his life a lot with his earnings.