Walt Harris - Bio, Net Worth, UFC, MMA, Married, Wife, Daughter, Age, Facts, Wiki, Aniah Blanchard, Height, Family, Salary, Nationality, Career, News
The United States born Walt Harris is an American mixed martial artist and competes in the Heavyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship since 2011, he has also formerly competed for Titan FC. As of May 22, 2019, he is #14 in official UFC heavyweight rankings. Let's know more about the fighter through this article.
Third suspect arrested in connection with Walt Harris’ missing stepdaughter
A third suspect has been arrested and charged in connection with the disappearance of 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard, who is the stepdaughter of UFC heavyweight Walt Harris. Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes confirmed on Monday that David Johnson Jr. has been arrested in Montgomery, Ala. and charged with hindering prosecution in relation to Blanchard’s disappearance.
Johnson’s arrest comes after two other suspects Ibraheem Yazeed and Antwon Fisher were arrested and charged with first-degree kidnapping in the case. Details surrounding Johnson’s arrest haven’t been revealed yet due to a gag order issued by the judge on the case as the investigation continues.
On Monday, authorities also released a statement that human remains were found that they believe are Blanchard. The remains were discovered in Macon County, Ala. in between Auburn where Blanchard was last seen and Montgomery where her vehicle was recovered two days after she had been reported missing.
Blanchard hadn’t been seen since Oct. 23 when she was spotted on surveillance footage at a local convenience store in Auburn. An eyewitness later came forward identifying Yazeed as the man he saw force Blanchard into her car against her will. Forensic evidence later showed blood in the car indicative of a “life-threatening” injury and police believed Blanchard had been harmed and likely was a victim of foul play. A veteran of 13 fights in the UFC, Harris had been asking for help in the search for his missing step-daughter ever since she first disappeared in late October.
Where is Walt Harris born?
Recalling his early life, Walt Harris was born as Walter Jermaine Harris in Birmingham, Alabama, United States. He holds American citizenship and belongs to the Afro-American ethnicity. Moreover, his Zodiac sign is Gemini. Information regarding his parents and siblings were yet to be disclosed.
Regarding his education, He earned his associate degree in Physical Education from Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, Alabama and Pikeville College, Pikeville, Kentucky.
When did Walt Harris begin to start fighting?
- Moving towards his career, Harris started his fighting career with Extreme Fighting won his first-ever pro MMA fight against like Justin Thornton. After that, he fought for many smaller MMA belts like Cage Combat, Fight Force International, Superior, and Strike Hard.
- Afterward, Harris was featured in a fighting reality show The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rousey vs. Team Tate Finale and he fought Jared Rosholt but faced a Unanimous Decision loss in the TUF.
- On 25th January 2014, he fought Nikita Krylov at UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Thomson and lost his first-ever UFC TV appearance via a TKO (head kick and punches) in round 1. He then fought Soa Palelei at UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs. Bisping to suffer a TKO loss again in his third TV appearance.
- Finally, after his three-fight losing stake, Walt Harris fought Cody East, at UFC 197 and finally won the match held on 23rd April 2016 via TKO (punches) in round 1. On 01st October 2016, he fought Shamil Abdurakhimov at UFC Fight Night: Lineker vs. Dodson and again was defeated by Abdurakhimov via a Split Decision.
- At UFC Fight Night: Rodriguez vs. Penn, which aired on 15th January 2017, he fought Chase Sherman and was able to register a victory in the second round with a KO (knee and punches).
- Further, he has won over some known fighters like Cyril Asker, Daniel Spitz, and has lost a few fights to superstars like Mark Godbeer, Fabricio Werdum so far.
- In February of 2018, He was suspended for four months and fined $4,000. The fight result was overturned to a no contest. Per the CSAC, He was able to prove the positive test resulted from a tainted supplement and the commission does not believe he was an intentional doper, hence the shorter suspension.
- He was expected to face Alistair Overeem on December 7th, 2019, at UFC on ESPN 7. However, He pulled out on November 01st, 2019 due to the ongoing search for his missing step-daughter.
What are the achievements of Walt Harris?
The fight with Sergey Spivak earned Harris his first Performance of the Night bonus award. Harris won the fight which took place on July 20th, 2019, at UFC on ESPN 4. Furthermore, this win obtained him the Performance of the Night bonus.
Who is Walt Harris married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Harris is married to his long-term girlfriend turned into wife Angela Haley-Harris. The married couple and have 4 children together. Currently, The couple lives in Homewood, Alabama. Further, Angela Haley-Harris was previously married to Elijah Blanchard.
What is Walt Harris's net worth?
Being an MMA player, Harris earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame through his profession as a fighter. Based on online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $1.6 million at present. However, his annual salary is somewhere around $138 Thousand approximately. He so far has earned around $620 Thousand until November 2019 from his MMA career.
How tall is Walt Harris?
Observing his body statistics, Harris stands a height of 6 feet 5 inches and weighs 117 Kg. He has a pair of dark brown eyes and black hair color. Further, he has an athletic body build but his other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of an update, we will let you know.
Trivias About Walt Harris You Need To Know.
- He was considering basketball as his professional career before switching to mixed martial art.
- Prior to his MMA career, he has won Golden Gloves Championships in Alabama and Florida as an amateur boxer.
- Harris won his first Performance of the Night bonus award at UFC Fight Night 151 on 4 May 2019 after he defeated Sergey Spivak via TKO in the first round.