Wayne Bridge - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married, Wife, Children, Family, Parents, Nationality, Awards, Height, Weight, Facts, Career, Position, Wiki
Wayne Bridge is a former footballer from England. His playing position was left-back. He is a graduate of the Southampton Academy where he made his debut in the year 1998. During his football career, he has played for Chelsea, West Ham, Manchester City, Fulham, and Sunderland during his Premier League career. Further, he made 36 appearances for the England national team between 2002 and 2009 and was also selected for two FIFA World Cup squads and UEFA Euro 2004. In June 2013, he signed a one-year contract with Reading and was released by Reading on 6th May 2014 after 12 games in his only season for the club, subsequently retiring from professional football.
What is Wayne Bridge Famous For?
- Being a former footballer who played as a left-back.
- Playing for Southampton, Chelsea, Manchester City, Reading, Fulham, West Ham United, and more previously.
Where is Wayne Bridge From?
Wayne Bridge was born as the birth name of Wayne Michael Bridge on 5th August 1980. He is from Southampton, England. He holds British nationality and his ethnicity is British-White. His race is White. He cut his 41st birthday as of 2021. Leo is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion. About his parents, he was born to his father, Mick Bridge, and his mother, Wendy Bridge. There are no further details about his educational background.
Wayne Bridge Career Timeline
- Wayne Bridge was firstly spotted by Micky Adams who recommended him to Southampton, who signed him as a trainee in July 1996.
- He then his reserve team debut as a center-forward against Portsmouth on 13th August 1997.
- In January 1998, he turned professional.
- He made his first-team debut on 16th August 1998 and made his first senior start against Charlton Athletic on 22nd August.
- He made 15 starts in the 1999-2000 season scoring his very first senior goal against Wimbledon on 14th May 2000.
- He was rewarded by being voted the Southampton Player of the Year for the 2000–2001 season.
- He was finally tempted away to join Chelsea for £7 million in the 2003 close season.
- In July 2003, he moved to Chelsea after his five years with the Saints for a fee of £7 million.
- His best moment came in the Champions League quarter-final against Arsenal.
- He scored his first and winning goal for the team in the 88th minute to send Chelsea into the semi-finals and end an 18-game winless run against Arsenal.
- He next scored against Besiktas and Portsmouth in the same season.
- On 20th February 2005, he faced ankle injury in an FA Cup tie against Newcastle United in his 2004-2005 season due to which his season ended.
- He only made two appearances for Chelsea in his 2005-2006 season.
- He made his debut in a 2–1 defeat to West Ham United at Upton Park.
- He played the first match against Manchester City of his 2006-2007 season.
- He finished the 2006-2007 season with two cup final winner's medals after playing in both the League Cup Final against Arsenal in a 2–1 win and in the FA Cup Final against Manchester United in a 1–0 victory.
- For Chelsea, he played his third cup final in the 2–1 loss in the 2008 League Cup Final against Tottenham Hotspur.
- Against Burnley in the 2008–09 season, he wore the captain's armband in the absence of John Terry and Frank Lampard.
- On 2nd January 2009, it was confirmed by Mark Hughes that Manchester City had agreed on an undisclosed fee with Chelsea for Bridge, thought to be around £10 million.
- Manchester City agreed on personal terms with him who later passed his medical, thus enabling the transfer to be completed and he signed a four-and-a-half-year deal.
- Later, he was involved in a highly publicized incident in which he refused to shake hands with Chelsea captain and former club and international teammate John Terry, who was at the time the subject of claims that he had had an affair with Bridge's ex-girlfriend Vanessa Perroncel.
- He then joined West Ham United on loan until the end of the season on 12th January 2011 and made his West Ham debut on 15 January 2011 in a 3–0 loss to Arsenal.
- For West Ham, he made 18 appearances.
- It was then announced on 31st January 2012 that Bridge had joined Sunderland on a loan deal until the end of the 2011-2012 season.
- For Sunderland, he made his debut match against Norwich City winning with a score of 3-0.
- It was then confirmed on 6th July 2012 that Bridge would join Brighton & Hove Albion on a season-long loan.
- For the team, he made his debut match against Swindon Town in the League Cup on 14th August 2012.
- His first goal for Brighton came against Barnsley on 25th August 2012.
- He played 37 league games for Brighton scoring three goals.
- Additionally, he played in both semi-final games against Crystal Palace losing with a score of 2-0.
- After that, he signed a one-year contract with Reading in June 2013.
- Then, he was released by Reading on 6th May 2014 after 12 games in his only season for the club.
- Bridge then made the decision to retire from a professional football career.
Wayne Bridge International Career
- Wayne Bridge's international career started with regular appearances for the England under-21 team.
- He was given his first full cap against the Netherlands on 13th February 2002 by Sven-Göran Eriksson.
- Then, he appeared as a substitute in the 2002 World Cup twice but he was not seen in Euro 2004.
- He next appeared in the 2006 World Cup for England and played a friendly against Argentina winning his 21st cap.
- After that, he played in the Euro 2008 qualifier match against Estonia on 6 June 2007.
- On 14th November 2009, he played his final match for England against Brazil.
- He announced his permanent withdrawal from international duty on 25th February 2010.
Awards and Achievements
- Premier League: 2004–05
- FA Cup: 2006–07
- Football League Cup: 2006–07
- PFA Team of the Year: 2001–02 Premier League, 2012–13 Championship
How much is Wayne Bridge Net Worth?
Wayne Bridge is a talented and successful retired footballer whose net worth is estimated to have $9 Million as of 2021. Whereas her exact salary details and annual earnings are still to get disclosed. But there is no doubt in the minds of his followers that he is making a cool amount of money from his work. His main source of wealth is from football career. He is living a cool lifestyle as of today.
Who is Wayne Bridge Wife?
Wayne Bridge is a married man. He tied a knot to his beautiful wife, Frankie Sandford. On 8th April 2013, The Saturday's singer Frankie Sandford announced on Twitter that she was engaged to Bridge. She gave birth to their son, Parker Bridge, on 18 October 2013. The couple married on 19th July 2014 in a private ceremony. On 15th August 2015, their second child, Carter Bridge was born. The duo is enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
Previously, he was in a relationship with Vanessa Perroncel from the year 2005 to 2009. The duo was blessed with a son namely Jaydon Jean Claude Bridge (born on 21st November 2006). In January 2010, a super injunction was imposed by a High Court judge preventing the media from reporting that Bridge's former teammate John Terry had allegedly had an affair with Perroncel shortly after she split from Bridge. On 25 March, Perroncel succeeded in a claim against Bridge for maintenance for their son with the High Court awarding her a payment of £6,000 per month until Jaydon's 18th birthday. The News of the World printed an apology for the story on 3 October 2010 to Perroncel for invading her private life and indicating that she has refuted the claims against herself and Terry.
How tall is Wayne Bridge?
Wayne Bridge is a handsome man. He has a tall height of 1.80 m or 5 ft 11 in. His body type is athletic. He has a balanced body weight of 80 Kg. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality. His shoe size is 9 UK. He has a pair of blue eyes color and his hair color is dark brown. His other body size details are still to get revealed yet.
Trivias About Wayne Bridge You Need To Know.
- Leo is his Zodiac sign.
- He made his debut in the year 1998 for Southampton.
- He made 36 appearances for the England national team between 2002 and 2009.
- He was also selected for two FIFA World Cup squads and UEFA Euro 2004.
- On 6th May 2014, after 12 games in his only season for the club, Reading; he retired from professional football.
- His birth name is Wayne Michael Bridge.