Facts About Will Ferrell
|Celebrated Name||Will Ferrell|
|Age||55 Years Old|
|Birth Name||John William Ferrell|
Will Ferrell is an American actor, comedian, producer, writer, and businessman who is well known for being a cast member on the NBC sketch comedy show, "Saturday Night Live". He successfully hosted the show for seven years and was even voted the best "Saturday Night Live" cast member of all time in 2014.
Ferrell also starred in several comedy movies including "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy"(2004), "Talladega Nights"(2006), "Step Brothers"(2008), "The Other Guys"(2010). Along with his comedy partner Adam McKay, he founded the comedy website "Funny or Die" in 2007. For his immense acting and comic works, Ferrel is considered a member of "Frat Pack", and even had received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on March 24, 2015.
What is Will Ferrell Famous For?
- Famous for his work on "Saturday Night Live".
- His performances in comedy movies.
Where was Will Ferrell Born? (Early Life)
Will Ferrell was born on July 16, 1967, in Irvine, California, United States. His birth name is John William Ferrell. His nationality is American. Ferrell belongs to mixed(English, Irish, distant German, and Welsh) ethnicity while Cancer is his zodiac sign.
Will Ferrell was born as the eldest son to his parents; Roy Lee Ferrell Junior(father) and Betty Kay(mother). His father Roy Lee was a musician who played keyboards and saxophone with "The Righteous Brothers" while his mother Betty was a teacher who taught at elementary school and Santa Ana College.
Will grew up along with his younger brother named Patrick while his parents got divorced when he was just 8 years old. He first attended school at Cloverdale Elementary and later attended Rancho San Joaquin Middle School. He then joined the University High School in Irvine, and was a kicker for the school's varsity football team, on the soccer team as well as the captain of the basketball team.
While he was in third grade, he realized his talent to make other people laugh and the dullness of Irvine contributed to the growth of his humor. While in ninth grade, Will, along with one of his friends, began to perform comedy skits, writing their own material. He also performed comedic skits in the school’s talent shows and was even voted "Best Personality" by his classmates.
He then got enrolled at the University of Southern California, where he studied sports broadcasting graduating in 1990. Shortly after he joined the Delta Tau Delta fraternity and earned an internship at a local television station in the sports department, but he did not enjoy the work.
Soon enough, he realized that he did not want to be a sports broadcaster and began looking for other jobs. Encouraged by his mother, Ferrell moved to Los Angeles in 1991 and successfully auditioned for the comedy group, "The Groundlings".
Will Ferrell's Career Highlights
- Will Ferrell kicked off his career when he became a prominent member of "The Groundlings" in 1994.
- Ferrell got his biggest breakthrough when he joined "Saturday Night Live" as a new cast member in 1995. He remained in the SNL for over 7 years hosting it 5 times, becoming a member of the show's "Five-Timers Club".
- During his work in SNL, he impersonated popular people, including President George Bush, and became popular for such acts.
- He made his film debut playing a role in the spy comedy film, "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery" in 1997.
- He then appeared in other popular films, "A Night at the Roxbury", "Superstar", "Dick", "Drowning Mona", "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me", "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back", and "Zoolander".
- After he left SNL, his first role was in a movie as Frank "The Tank" Richard in "Old School" in 2003.
- The same year, he starred as Buddy Hobs in "Elf", also a lead role in "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy", and "Starsky & Hutch" for which he got much popularity.
- In 2005, Will Ferrell starred in three films; "Bewitched", "Kicking and Screaming" and "The Producers".
- In 2006, Ferrell starred in "Stranger Than Fiction" and "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby".
- A year later, in April 2007, Ferrell along with his partner, Adam McKay launched the "Funny or Die" website.
- He made his Broadway debut in a one-man show called "You're Welcome America. A Final Night with George W. Bush" in 2009.
- He was then cast to play Dr. Rick Marshall in "Land of the Lost" and had an uncredited role in "The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard".
- He has appeared in several movies including "Casa de Mi Padre", "The Campain", "Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie", "Get Hard", "Daddy's Home", "Zoolander".
- He even has worked as a voice actor in several animated television programs and films; "The Oblongs", "Curious George", "The Lego Movie".
Will Ferrell' Wife
Will Ferrell is married to his only wife, Viveca Paulin. Paulin is a Swedish actress with whom he met for the first time in 195 at an acting class. After dating for almost 5 years, the couple got married on August 12, 2000, in a beautiful wedding attended by their friends and family.
Ferrell and Paulin have been living a prosperous married life for almost 20 years now. They even are blessed with their three sons, Magnus Paulin Ferrell(b. 2004), Mattias Paulin Ferrell (b. 2006), and Axel Paulin Ferrell (b. 2010).
The couple lives together along with their children in Orange County, California sometimes in New York City as well. Besides he is a fine sportsman as back on March 12, 2015, he played in five games of Major League Baseball spring training and also is a part-owner of Los Angeles FC. He was also awarded an honorary D.H.L. degree by the University of Southern California.
Will Ferrell's Net Worth
Will Ferrell has quite great earnings from his professional career as a comedian and actor. Having his career started as a member of "The Groundlings" in 1994, Ferrell has come a long way up becoming one of the fine comedians in his 25 years long career.
His source of income is surely his work in movies, stints, series, and shows. With his hard works and passion, Ferrell has managed to amass a wealthy fortune estimated t be around $100 million.
Will Ferrell's Height
Will Ferrell is a good-looking man with a well maintained average body physique in his 50s. He stands tall with a height of 6ft. 3inch.(1.91m) while his body weighs around 98kg(218 lbs). His body measurement includes a chest size of 40 inches, 34 inches waist, and 14 inches bicep size. He has a fair complexion with blonde hair and hazel green eyes.