William Husel - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Facts, Trial, Parents, Wiki
William Husel is an American physician who was accused of murdering his patients using painkillers for three years. He was acquitted of charges of murdering 14 people from February 11, 2015, to November 20, 2018, by giving fentanyl overdosage at Mount Carmel West and St. Ann's Hospitals in Columbus, Ohio.
The investigations and trials went on for months, having his license suspended and being charged with 25 counts of murder, Husel turned himself in to authorities on June 5, 2019.
His trial began on Feb 22, 2022, which later turned out to be in his favor that he was found not guilty of all counts on April 20, 2022.
What is William Husel famous for?
- Famous as a physician charged with murder.
Where is William Husel from?
William Husel was born on November 11, 1975, in Cleveland, Ohio, US. His birth name is William Scott Husel. His nationality is American. Husel belongs to the White ethnicity while Scorpio is his zodiac sign.
Raised in Cleveland, Ohio, he attended St. Ignatius High School where he was an excellent basketball player as he even became the captain for his senior year. After his graduation in 1994, he went on to join the Wheeling Jesuit College from where he started doing wrong things.
He crafted a pipe bomb to explode a trash can near a health and recreation center on the college's campus on November 9, 1994.
For which, he was sentenced to six months in a community confinement center and one year of monitoring after being charged with malicious damage by an explosive device, possession of an unregistered explosive device, and unlawful manufacturing of an explosive device.
William Husel's Career as a Physician
- Later, he joined the Ohio State University, graduating with a degree in microbiology in 2000, and later attended and graduated from Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2008.
- William Husel after completing his medical training went on to work as an intensive-care doctor at the Mount Carmel West Hospital in Columbus, Ohio in 2013.
- He worked with his heart out that he was called to be highly intelligent.
- Just two years after, he began prescribing extremely high doses of fentanyl to his patients in 2015.
- His first alleged murder was alleged to have begun on February 10, 2015, when a patient was administered 400 micrograms of fentanyl.
- For two and half years, 34 patients have died, the vast of whom have been prescribed typical palliative dosages of fentanyl before their deaths.
- He was accused of all the 34 deaths at the time by the hospital.
- Even though the hospital received its formal report in October, it was not investigated till November 19, 2018, when Rebecca Walls died due to an abnormal high dosage of fentanyl.
- On November 2, he was immediately removed from patient-care duties and was fired on December 5, 2018.
- After having his license suspended and being charged with 25 counts of murder, Husel turned himself in to authorities on June 5, 2019.
- His trial began on February 22, 2022.
- After carrying out the trial for 2 months, on April 20, 2022, the jury found Husel not guilty on all charges.
Who is William Husel's wife?
William Husel is a married man and was married to Mariah Baird at the time when he was accused of murders. Mariah is a nurse who also worked at the same hospital and was suspected of helping administer excessive fentanyl doses.
Mariah is supposed to be Husel's third wife who tied the knot together in a North Carolina wedding ceremony on October 2, 2017.
Mariah was specifically named in the death of 65-year-old ICU patient, Jan Thomas. In December 2018, Dr. Husel, along with Mariah, were both fired from Mount Carmel St. Ann's and she was there While her husband stood trial for the charges.
How much is William Husel worth?
William Husel has earned a handsome sum of money from his profession as a physician. Husel who was respected to be a highly intelligent physician was well paid by the hospital he was working on.
Several patients took his appointment to get treated which surely had increased his earnings. He is supposed to have a net worth estimated to be around $800k.
How tall is William Husel?
William Husel is a handsome man with a well-maintained average body physique in his early 40s. He has a fair complexion with brown hair and a pair of brown eyes.
He stands tall with a height of 5ft 11inches(1.80m) and has a bodyweight of 78kg(172 lbs).
Trivias About William Husel You Need To Know.
- He was a highly appreciated physician who was charged with the murders of 34 people.
- He turned himself in 2019.
- He and his wife, Mariah worked in the same hospital.