Will.i.am - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Wife, Dating History, Nationality, Age, Family, Parents, Siblings, Height, Career, Awards, Facts, Wiki, Children
William James Adams Jr., well known by his stage name, will.i.am, is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer, entrepreneur, television personality, and actor who is well known for his work as a founding and lead member of the musical group, "Black Eyed Peas" alongside Fergie, Taboo and apl.de.ap. Together as a group, they even have won seven Grammy Awards and three World Music Awards.
With the Black Eyed Peas, he has a total of 41 top-40 entries on the UK Singles Chart since 1998 and has sold 9.4 million singles in the UK. will.i.am also has a well stable solo career which he started with the release of his debut album titled "Lost Change" on September 1, 2001. He has released altogether 4 solo albums; "Must B 21"(2003), "Songs About Girls"(2007), "#willpower"(2013). As a music producer, will.i.am has worked with Usher, Ke$ha, Priyanka Chopra, A.R.Rahman, Cheryl, Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, and others. He also has appeared as an actor in the role of John Wrath in the film, "X- Men Origins", also has voiced in "Madagascar: Escape2 Africa", "Rio" and "Rio 2". will.i.am also has released a book, titled "WaR: Wizards and Robots".
Besides, will.i.am is quite active on social media sites with over 12.4 million followers on Twitter: @iamwill and over 1.3 million followers on Instagram: @iamwill.
What is will.i.am Famous for?
- Famous as a popular rapper and record producer.
- Known as a founding and lead member of the musical group, "Black Eyed Peas".
Where was will.i.am Born?
will.i.am was born on March 15, 1975, in Los Angeles, California, United States. His birth name is William James Adams Jr. His nationality is American. Adams belongs to African-American ethnicity while Pisces is his zodiac sign.
will.i.am was born as the son to his parents; William Adams Sr.(father) and Debra Cain(mother). Adams however has never met his father and was raised by his mother who encouraged him to be unique and confident. His family including his grandma were among the few African Americans living in a predominantly Hispanic community.
Knowing the music interest in Adams, his mother sent him to public schools in affluent West Los Angeles to study music. He grew up in the Estrada Courts housing projects in the Boyle Heights area of Los Angeles, California, along with his three biological and adopted siblings.
He also attended Paul Revere Charter Middle School, then Palisades Charter High School during which he had started vibing in music with classmate Pasquale Rotella. He began his musical career when he was an 8th grader in John Marshall High school, where he became best friends with Allan Pineda together they performed in East L.A. clubs.
They were joined by classmates, Dante Santiago, and formed the Atban Klann hip-hop group(A Tribe Beyond a Nation). They caught the attention of rapper/ entrepreneur Eazy E who signed them to his Ruthless Records label in 1992.
They even released a single, "Puddles of H2O" from the album Grass Roots in 1994, but were terminated from the label after Eazy-E's death. William later modified their group’s name to 'Black Eyed Pods' and then to 'The Black Eyed Peas'.
will.i.am's Career Highlights
- will.i.am along with his members of 'The Black Eyed Peas' began their professional career with the release of their debut album titled "Behind the Front" along with the debut single, "Joints & Jam" in 1998.
- They soon released their second album titled "Bridging the Gap" in 2000 along with their single, "Request+Line" featuring Macy Gray which became their first entry on Billboards Hot 100.
- Following the release of Bridging the Gap, Will began recording his first solo release, "Lost Change" released on September 1, 2001.
- Their third album titled "Elephunk" was released in 2003 with hit songs like "Boom Boom Pow", "Let’s Get It Started", "I Gotta Feeling" and "Where Is The Love".
- Their song, "Hey Mama" has been used for several advertisements including advertisements for Apple and iTunes.
- Will recorded a second solo album, "Must B 21" which was released on September 23, 2003. He also recorded the song "Secrets" for the soundtrack to Dexter's Laboratory: The Hip-Hop Experiment in 2002.
- The group's fourth album titled "Monkey Business" was released on June 7, 2005, by Will's own recording company, "will.i.am Music Group" and A&M Records. At the time, their new member named Fergie was added to the group.
- The album's tracks earned the group four 2006 Grammy Award nominations and they also won the Grammy.
- Will also had worked with Michael Jackson from 2006 till his death in 2009.
- His third album titled "Songs About Girls" was released on September 25, 2007, along with three singles, "I Got It From My Mama", "One More Chance" and "Heartbreaker".
- In support of Barack Obama's presidential campaign, William masterminded in a political album, "Change is Now: Renewing America's Promise" on April 28, 2009.
- On February 29, 2008, the album's second single, "We Are the Ones", was released.
- The Black Eyed Peas made their comeback with lead single, "Boom Boom Pow", that reached no. 1 on the UK Singles Chart and Billboard Hot 100 in 2009.
- The group further released an album titled "The End"(2009) and "The Beginning"(2010).
- In February 2010, he wrote and produced the single "OMG" by Usher.
- In April 2011, will.i.am recorded four songs for the soundtrack of the animated film, "Rio".
- His fourth album titled "#willpower" released in December 2013 reached 3rd position on UK charts and received Gold (BPI) and Platinum (RMNZ) certification. Its official lead single, "T.H.E.(The Hardest Ever)", a collaboration with Jennifer Lopez and Mick Jagger was a hit.
- He was among the performers at the Diamond Jubilee Concert held outside Buckingham Palace on June 4, 2012.
- The first song broadcast from Mars was also his new single, "Reach for the Star".
- Will collaborated with Justin Bieber in "#thatPOWER" in 2012.
- In March 2020, will.i.am collaborated with a group of artists made up of Bono, Jennifer Hudson, and Yoshiki for the song "Sing For Life".
- He even has starred in Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa as the voice of the character Moto Moto.
- Will.i.am made his major film debut, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" playing the role of John Wraith.
- He also starred in the 2011 animated film Rio, and 2014's Rio 2 playing the role of Pedro.
- will.i.am has also been a judge and mentor on the television talent show series, "The Voice UK"(2012–present), "The Voice Australia"(2014), and "The Voice Kids"(2017–present).
- He reworked the group's hit song, "Where Is The Love" for the 2020 US election.
- 2 Daytime Emmy Awards
- 7 Grammy Awards
- 1 Latin Grammy Awards
- 1 Television Rack Awards
will.i.am is not a married man and is currently single. However, he has dated many women. In 2008, he dated Tila Nguyen. Then, he was rumored to be dating Nicole Scherzinger in 2008. In the same year, he dated Australian singer, Natalie. Later in 2013, he dated the British model, Carla Howe. At present, he is living in Los Angels, California.
Previously in December 2010, he suffered from tinnitus from which he successfully recovered. He follows a vegan diet which he started after suffering from ADHD in April 2013. He also got accused by gossip blogger, Perez Hilton for will.i.am's entourage of assaulting Hilton in Toronto after the MuchMusic Video Awards, a charge will.i.am denied in a video posted on his blog after which no further action was taken.
will.i.am's Net Worth
will.i.am has quite a great earnings from his professional career as a singer, record producer, entrepreneur. Working in this field for over 20 years, he has easily managed to amass a great fortune worth million dollars from his several albums, concerts, tours, and endorsement deals, and many more. With his earnings from his several songs, albums, and collaborations with several artists his current estimated net worth is around $75 million.
Besides, he is also a partner in Beats Electronics. He has a clothing line named "I.Am.Clothing". In 2016, Will revealed he had donated £600,000 salary from The Voice to charity The Prince’s Trust. With his million worth earnings, he has managed to live a lavish lifestyle.
will.i.am is a black handsome man in his early 40s. He has a well maintained athletic body physique of measurement 45-33-16 inches. He stands tall with a height of 5ft 9inches(1.77m) while his body weighs around 73kg(161 lbs). He has a dark complexion with black hair and dark brown eyes.
Trivias About Will.i.am You Need To Know.
- will.i.am started acting in the commercial series "Instant Def" to advertise Snickers.
- The first song broadcast from Mars was also his new single, "Reach for the Star".
- He is a big fan of Bundesliga football club, Bayern Munich.
- He was featured in one of Bayern's videos on their Youtube channel.
- His cousin is a former NFL player, Lynn Cain.