Facts About Wynonna Judd
|Celebrated Name||Wynonna Judd|
|Age||59 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Christina Claire Ciminella|
|Place Of Birth||Ashland ,Kentucky , USA|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Bra Cup Size||36|
|University||University of Kentucky|
|Source of Wealth||Singing career|
|Salary||$2 million per year|
|Height||5 ft 5 in / 166 cm|
|Body Measurement||35-27-38 inches|
|Links||Twitter Youtube Facebook Instagram Wikipedia|
Christina Claire Ciminella, professionally known as Wynonna Judd is a multi-award-winning American country music singer. She was in The Judds alongside her mother Naomi. She released multiple #1 country singles, including "She Is His Only Need" and "I Saw the Light." Judd's love of country music was inspired by her mother's musical tastes as moved to Nashville with her mother with the dream of making it big. She also won the 1994 ACM Female Artist of the Year Award. As a solo artist, Judd has released eight studio albums and over 20 singles as her first three singles reached the top of the country-music charts, and three of her solo albums have been certified "platinum" by the "Recording Industry Association of America" (RIAA). Additionally, Wynonna was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame as a member of The Judds in 2022.
What is Wynonna Judd Famous For?
- Being an American country music singer.
- For being one of the most widely recognized and awarded female country singers.
Where is Wynonna Judd from?
Wynonna Judd was born on 30th May 1964 with the real name of Christina Claire Ciminella in Ashland, Kentucky, U.S. She is of American nationality and she came from American-white ethnic background. Similarly, her religious belief is in the Christian religion and her race is white. Judd's present age is 57 and she is going to celebrate her 58th birthday on the coming 30th May of 2022.
As per her birth date, her star sign is Gemini. She is the daughter of her father, Charles Jordan, and her mother Naomi Judd (singer-songwriter and actress). Recently on 30th April 2022, Wynonna's mother committed suicide at her home in Leiper's Fork, Tennessee, aged 76. Announcing Naomi's death, Judd tweeted, in part: "Today we sisters experienced a tragedy. We lost our beautiful mother to the disease of mental illness." She has also a younger half-sister who is an actress named Ashley Judd.
Wynonna Judd Career Timeline
- Wynonna Judd kicks off her singing career signing to RCA Records in 1983 as the duo the Judds with her mother, Naomi.
- The Judds charted 23 hit singles on the Billboard Hot Country Single between 1983 and 1991 and recorded eight studio albums, one Christmas album and two Greatest Hits compilations.
- The Judds sold more than 20 million records worldwide and had won over 60 industry awards in their six-year career.
- They were the biggest-selling duo in country music and remained so until they were eclipsed by Brooks & Dunn in the 1990s.
- Then Wynonna signed to MCA Records in association with Curb Records as a solo artist after the duo broke up but, Wynonna reunited with her mother for a 1999 New Year's Eve concert to ring in the year 2000 sponsored by K-mart.
- The Judds again reunited in 2010 for "The Last Encore" and celebrated their 30th anniversary as a recording duo on 1st June 2013.
- As a solo artist, Wynonna unveiled "She Is His Only Need" which was the first single from her self-titled solo debut album, and this album, "Wynonna", was released in 1992 via MCA/Curb.
- Her second album, "Tell Me Why", was released by MCA/Curb in 1993 whereas she also made an appearance on the Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute album "Skynyrd Frynds" in 1994.
- "Revelations" was the title of her third album, released by MCA/Curb in 1996 and her fourth and final album for MCA was titled "The Other Side".
- However, Wynonna left MCA in favor of Mercury Records after the release of a greatest hits album called "Collection".
- She launched her fifth solo album, "New Day Dawning" and the first of her career that Wynonna co-produced, including a four-song bonus disc entitled "Big Bang Boogie" composed of four new Judds songs.
- Her sixth studio album, "What the World Needs Now Is Love" was released in August 2003, on Curb records.
- Judd's second release for Asylum-Curb was a live CD/DVD package called "Her Story: Scenes from a Lifetime", released in 2005, and her first studio album in six years, "Sing: Chapter 1" was released on 3rd February 2009, on Curb Records.
- As well, she released her first novel, "Restless Hear" in 2011, and a new single, "Love It Out Loud" was released in the May of the following year.
- She released a new studio album, "Wynonna & the Big Noise", on 12th February 2016 and released a new extended play titled "Recollections" via Anti Records in October 2020.
- Apart from singing, Judd also provided the voice of the rock star Molly Cule in the cartoon "The Magic School Bus" and "Blue's Clues" in 1999.
- She was a guest star on the show "Hope & Faith" in the episode "Wife Swap: Part 1 and Part 2" where she played the mean and rich Cynthia.
- She was seen as herself on the NBC sitcom "Kath & Kim" and guest-starred as herself on the 10th anniversary of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" in August 2009.
- She was a supporting character, Marilyn Jinway, in the Hallmark television film "A Nashville Christmas Carol" in 2020.
- Also, she debuted on OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network on 10th April 2011, and was a contestant on season 16 of "Dancing with the Stars" where she partnered with all-star season champion Tony Dovolani.
- She and Tony Dovolani were the first couple eliminated on 2nd April but the second to leave, because of Dorothy Hamill's injury.
Awards and Achievements
- Judd Wynonna was presented with a star on the Music City Walk of Fame in 2007.
- She received the USO's Merit Award for service to all divisions of the United States Armed Forces in 2005.
- On 1st May 2022, Wynonna and Naomi Judd were inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame as members of The Judds.
Awards and Achievements
Billboard Music Awards
- 1992: Country Single (No One Else On Earth) Award
- 1992: Best New Country Artist Award
Music Business Association
- 1992: Best Selling Country Female Award
Country Music Association Awards
- 1992: Female Vocalist Nomination
- 1992: Best Album Nomination
- 1992: Best Duo (with Clint Black) Nomination
- 1994: Female Vocalist of the Year Nomination
- 1993: Concert of the Year (Black and Wy) Award
Academy of Country Music Awards
- 1993: Top Female Vocalist Nomination
- 1993: Album of the Year Nomination
- 1994: Top Female Artist Award
- 2003: Humanitarian of the Year Nomination
- 1993: Best Female Country Vocal Performance: "Wynonna" - Nomination
- 1994: Best Female Country Vocal Performance: "Only Love" - Nomination
- 1994: Best Country Vocal Collaboration: "A Bad Goodbye" (w/ Clint Black) - Nomination
- 1995: Best Female Country Vocal Performance: "Is It Over Yet" - Nomination
American Music Awards
- 1997: Favorite Female/Country Nomination
Blockbuster Entertainment Awards
- 1997: Top Female/Country Nomination
GMA Dove Awards
- 2005: Favorite Country Recorded Song Nomination
Who is Wynonna Judd's husband Cactus Moser?
Wynonna Judd is a married woman. She became engaged to her boyfriend Cactus Moser on 24th December 2011. Cactus is a musician who is best known as the drummer for Highway 101. They married on 10th June 2012, at her home in Leiper's Fork, Tennessee.
Wynonna was previously married to Arch Kelley III with two children. She also previously tied a knot with her second husband her former bodyguard D. R. Roach, whom she married on 22nd November 2003, in Tennessee. On 22nd March 2007, he was arrested for sexual assault of a child under the age of 13; she filed for divorce five days later. Concerning Judd's sexual orientation, she is straight.
Furthermore, Wynonna's daughter Grace was sentenced to 8 years in prison for violating her probation period in June 2018. She pleaded guilty to possession, manufacturing, and distribution of methamphetamines.
How much is Wynonna Judd's Net Worth?
Wynonna Judd has a net worth of $20 million as of 2022 whereas she has also a handsome amount of salary which is around $2 million per year. She's among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever she embarks on. Wynonna has reached great heights in her career already and her major source of income is her singing career. She has not done endorsement work for any brands yet.
What is the Height of Wynonna Judd?
Wynonna Judd stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 5 in / 166 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 161 lb / 73 kg. She has good-looking red hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, she has a slim body build with 35-27-38 inches of body measurement.
Trivias About Wynonna Judd You Need To Know.
- She released multiple #1 country singles, including "She is His Only Need" and "I Saw the Light."
- She is also the sister of actress Ashley Judd.
- Judd's love of country music was inspired by her mother's musical tastes.
- She moved to Nashville with her mother with the dream of making it big.
- She won the 1994 ACM Female Artist of the Year Award.