Xander Schauffele - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Ethnicity, Parents, Family, Nationality, Brother, Age, Height, Wiki, Awards, Career Earnings, Facts, College
Alexander Victor Schauffele, professionally known as Xander Schauffele is an American professional golfer. Having turned professional in 2015, Schauffele plays on the PGA Tour where he has won four events. He reached the career-high ranking at No. 4 in the world rankings and was named PGA Tour Rookie of the Year in 2017. He won a gold medal for the United States at the 2020 Summer Olympics. He previously played on the European Tour as well as on Web.com Tour.
He played collegiate golf for California State University and San Diego State University.
What is Xander Schauffele Famous For?
- American professional golfer.
Where is Xander Schauffele From?
Xander Schauffele was born on 25 October 1993. His birth name is Alexander Victor Schauffele. His birth place is in San Diego, California in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to his father, Stefan Schauffele, and his mother, Ping Yi. He was born to He has mixed ethnicity. His father is a German/French naturalized immigrant and his mother is a Taiwanese naturalized immigrant who grew up in Japan. He has a brother named Nicolas Schauffele.
He attended Scripps Ranch High School. He won the 2011 California State High School Championship. He won the 2012 Big West Conference Freshman of the Year. He was also honored with the 2012 First Team All-Big West awards. He won the 2014 California State Amateur Championship defeating Beau Hossler. He lost to Hossler for the 2014 Western Amateur. After high school, he attended California State University Long Beach.
He then transferred to San Diego State University for his sophomore year. He accumulated a collegiate record that features 3 wins, 4 runners-up, 19 top-fives, and 27 top-tens in a total of 50 tournaments. He holds the records for all-time lowest tournament score against par (-17), all-time career scoring average (71.50), as well as the seasonal records for par-5 performance (4.5135), birdies (171), and eagles (9). He graduated from San Diego in 2015. For his outstanding performance through his college career, he was twice awarded the Mountain West Conference All-Academic Team Award and was a Ping and Golfweek Third Team All-American. He graduated with a degree in science and public health.
Xander Schauffele Career
- Schauffele started playing golf at an early age. He continued to play golf in high school and collegiate level as well where he earned several honors.
- He was ranked in the top 10 of the World Amateur Golf Ranking before he turned professional.
- Schauffele turned professional in 2015.
- He started his professional career on Web.com Tour Qualifying Tournament.
- He was runner-up in the first stage at Southern Dunes GC in Maricopa, Arizona.
- He won the second state at oak Valley GC in Beaumont, California.
- He ultimately earned his Web.com Tour card in the finals.
- In 2016, he played a full season on the Web.com Tour.
- He finished 26th on the regular-season money list, not qualifying for the PGA Tour card for 2017.
- However, he earned a PGA Tour card by finished 15th on the Finals money list through the Web.com Tour Finals.
- He made his PGA Tour debut at the CareerBuilder Challenge in La Quinta, California.
- He marked the first time in U.S. history for a player to shoot a bogey-free round of 66 or better in his national championship debut after he recorded a bogey-free 6-under-par 66 at the 2017 U.S. Open.
- He tied for 5th place earning an exemption into the 2018 U.S. Open.
- He recorded his first PGA Tour victory at the Greenbrier Classic in July 2017.
- His win earned exemptions into the Open Championship, the PGA Championship, and the 2018 Masters Tournament.
- He earned the 2017 Tour Championship qualification after finishing 26th in the 2017 FedEx Cup Playoffs.
- He became the first rookie ever to win the Tour Championship after he defeated Justin Thomas by one stroke at the 2017 Tour Championship. He also marked the first time a rookie has won any FedEx Cup playoff event.
- He moved to third place in the final FedEx Cup standings and at No. 32 in the OWGR.
- He earned a three-year PGA Tour exemption through the 2019-20 season.
- He was voted "Rookie of the Year" by his peers in October 2017.
- He switched his equipment manufacturers to team Callaway in early 2018.
- He finished T2 at the 2018 Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass in May 2018.
- He tied for second place at the 2018 Open Championship at Carnoustie Golf Links.
- He began the 2018 FedEx Cup Playoffs in 28th position in the standings. He placed 15th in the season-long FedEx Cup in 2018.
- He joined the 2018 European Tour as an associate member.
- He won the 2018 WGC-HSBC Champions and rose in the European Tour's Order of Merit, the year-long points race dubbed the European Tour Race to Dubai, to 4th position.
- He finished T16 in the European Tour final event, the DP World Tour Championship.
- he earned participation in the 2018 European Tour's bonus pool.
- He won the WGC-HSBC Champions event in October 2018 defeating Tony Finau.
- He won the Sentry Tournament of Champions in January 2019 defeating Gary Woodland.
- He tied for second place in the Masters Tournament in April 2019. Tiger Woods won the tournament.
- He tied for 3rd place at the 2019 US Open.
- He placed 4th in the inaugural 2019 Wyndham Rewards Top 10 in August 2019.
- He finished the 2019 season in a solo second position at the 2019 Tour Championship.
- He also finished in a solo second position in the 2019 FedEx Cup.
- The US team won the 2019 Presidents Cup 16-14.
- He won a gold medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics defeating Slovakian Rory Sabbatini by one shot.
Who is Xander Schauffele Wife?
Xander Schauffele is a married man. He is married to his longtime girlfriend, Maya Lowe. They met while they were in their college years. He was a student at SDSU and Lowe was a student at UC-San Diego. They eventually started dating. The couple finally got married in July 2021. The couple does not have any children yet.
He lives in Las Vegas, Nevada.
How Tall is Xander Schauffele?
Xander Schauffele stands at a height of 1.78 m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 175 lbs i.e. 79 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is brown and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Xander Schauffele Net Worth?
Xander Schauffele earns from his professional career as a golfer. His income comes from contracts, prize money, sponsorships, and endorsements. He has won over $22 million in prize money from his golf career. He has sponsorship deals with Adidas and Callaway. At present, his net worth is estimated at around $14 million.
Trivias About Xander Schauffele You Need To Know.
- His father has been his only swing coach throughout his golf career.
- His great-grandfathers, Johann Hoffman and Richard Schauffele were popular soccer players who won numerous titles.
- He is one of only 15 players to ever reach 10 under par at a U.S. Open.
- He is the fourth member of the high school class of 2011 to earn PGA Tour Rookie of the Year honors, joining Jordan Spieth (2013), Daniel Berger (2015) and Emiliano Grillo (2016).
- He is the first American since 1900 to win an Olympic gold medal in golf.
- He is the founder of Xander Schauffele Foundation.