Yaya DaCosta - Bio, Net Worth, Personal Life, Husband, Affair, Nationality, Parents, Family, Ethnicity, Age, Height, Wiki, Size, Facts, Awards, Kids
Camara DaCosta Johnson, popularly known as Yaya DaCosta is an American actress and model. DaCosta initially garnered recognition after she finished runner-up in Cycle 3 of America's Next Top Model in 2004. She later garnered further prominence after she starred in the series All My Children, Ugly Betty, Chicago Med, and the Lifetime television film, Whitney. To date, she has starred in numerous movies and television series.
What is Yaya DaCosta Famous For?
- Finished runner-up in Cycle 3 of America's Next Top Model.
- Cast of Chicago Med.
Where is Yaya DaCosta From?
Yaya DaCosta was born on 15 November 1982. Her birth name is Camara DaCosta Johnson. Her birth place is in New York City in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She has mixed ethnicity. She has Brazilian and African-American ancestry. Her religion is Christianity and her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She grew up in the Harlem neighborhood of New York City. She was born to father Carl Awolowo Johnson and mother Orundun DaCosta. Her siblings are sister Djassi and brothers Mamadou and Djani.
Regarding her educational background, she attended the elite Northfield Mount Hermon School. After high school, she attended Brown University. She majored in Africana Studies and International Relations.
Yaya DaCosta Career
- Yaya DaCosta competed on Cycle 3 of America's Next Top Model in 2004.
- She garnered recognition after finishing runner-up in the show.
- She landed numerous advertisement projects.
- She appeared in advertisements for Garnier Fructis, Lincoln Townhouse, Oil of Olay, Radioshack, Seda, Sephora, and Dr. Scholl's among others.
- She also graced the covers of numerous magazines including W, Hype Hair, Splash and Global Modeling.
- DaCosta made her acting debut with a guest role in the sitcom, Eve in 2005.
- She soon landed one of the main roles in the ABC soap opera, All My Children in 2008.
- She appeared in the recurring role in the ABC comedy-drama series, Ugly Betty in 2009.
- She then appeared in guest roles in numerous television series before landing the role of ED nurse April Sexton in the medical drama series, Chicago Med in 2015.
- She has been appearing in one of the main roles in the series since its first season. The series has concluded its 6th season in 2021.
- She also reprised her role as April Sexton in Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D.
- She made her film debut with the 2006 film, Take the Lead.
- She was nominated for Teen Choice Award for Movies - Choice Breakout (Female) for her work in Take the Lead.
- She later starred in several films including Honeydripper, The Messenger, The Kids Are All Right, Tron: Legacy, In Time, The Shanghai Hotel, Whole Lotta Sole, Mother of George, The Butler, Big Words, And So It Goes, The Nice Guy, Bolden, and Peel.
- She was nominated for several critics awards for Best Ensemble for The Kids Are All Right.
- She received praise for portraying the lead role in the 2015 Lifetime biopic Whitney. She played Whitney Houston.
- DaCosta-starring music videos are Kanye West's "Gold Digger", Chingy's "Pullin' Me Back", Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls", Jay-Z's "Roc Boys", and Raphael Saadiq's "Good Man".
Yaya DaCosta Boyfriend
Yaya DaCosta is not married. She is reportedly single at present. She was previously in a relationship with Joshua Bee Alafia. The couple started dating in 2012. She gave birth to their son, Sankara in September 2013. The two broke up in 2015. She later revealed in 2018 that Joshua sexually assaulted her while together.
Any details about her personal life will be updated here.
Yaya DaCosta Height
Yaya DaCosta stands at a height of 1.73 m i.e. 5 feet and 8 inches tall. She has a body weight of 123.5 lbs i.e. 56 kg. She has a slim body build. Her eye color is brown and her hair color is dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight. Her dress size is 8 (US).
Yaya DaCosta Net Worth
Yaya Dacosta rose to prominence after she finished runner-up on Cycle 3 of America's Next Top Model in 2004. She then landed several modeling projects. Along with modeling, she started her acting career. As of now, she has starred in numerous television series and movies. The majority of her income comes from her acting and modeling career. As a model, she has appeared in commercial advertisements for several brands. At present, her net worth is estimated at $1 million.