Facts About Yaya Toure
|Celebrated Name||Yaya Toure|
|Age||40 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Yaya Toure|
|Birth Name||Gnégnéri Yaya Touré|
|Birth Nation||Ivory Coast|
|Place Of Birth||Bouake|
|Brothers||Kolo Toure and Ibrahim Toure|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches|
|Body Measurement||41-34-15 inches (Chest, Waist, and Biceps)|
|Net Worth||$70.8 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Sports Industry|
Yaya Toure is an Ivorian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for the Chinese Super League club Qingdao Huanghai. He began his playing career at the Ivorian club ASEC Mimosas, where he made his debut at age 18. His performances attracted attention from Europe. He had stints with Beveren, Metalurh Donetsk, Olympiacos and Monaco before moving to Barcelona in 2007. He played over 100 matches for the club and was part of the historic 2009 Barcelona side that won six trophies in a calendar year. Let's explore more about him through this article.
What is Yaya Touré famous for?
- An Ivorian professional footballer.
When was Yaya Touré born?
Going back to his early life, Toure was born in Bouake, Ivory Coast in the year 1983. He is Ivorian by nationality and belongs to the black ethnic group. Similarly, his birth sign is Taurus and his belief is yet to be disclosed. His father's name is Mory Toure and his mother's name is yet to be disclosed. He has three siblings; Kolo Toure, Ibrahim Toure, and Aicha Toure. Further, his education details are yet to be disclosed.
When did Yaya Toure begin his sports career?
- Toure joined the ASEC Mimosas youth academy in 1996 on the recommendation of his long-time mentor Patrick van Reijendam. A prominent figure in the ASEC academy was Jean-Marc Guillou.
- In 2001, Guillou invested heavily in a Belgian club, Beveren, intending to use the team to showcase Ivorian players in a European league. He moved to Beveren in 2001, one of many ASEC players to do so in this period. By 2003, he was one of 14 Ivorians in the Beveren squad.
- He joined Olympiacos in 2005. He was described as the new Patrick Vieira by his older brother. Olympiacos won the double that season, and Touré was one of their key players. His performances in Greece were impressive and attracted interest from many clubs.
- After representing Ivory Coast at the 2006 World Cup, He was signed by French Ligue 1 side Monaco in August 2006. However, he had a difficult relationship with the incumbent manager, László Bölöni with he claiming Bölöni refused to play him in his preferred midfield position. Bölöni was soon sacked with Monaco languishing in the second-last position in the league table.
- He joined Spanish side Barcelona for €10 million (£6.7 million) and made his official debut for the club on 26th August 2007 during the La Liga season opener against Racing de Santander.
- His first UEFA Champions League match for Barça was against Schalke 04 in the 2007-08 quarter-final, securing a 2-0 aggregate victory and a berth in the semi-final.
- During the early stages of the 2008-09 season, newly appointed manager Pep Guardiola favored Sergio Busquets in the defensive role of Barcelona's midfield trio.
- In the 2009 Champions League Final, He played at the center back due to injuries and suspensions of first-choice defenders, despite having only played there twice before for Barcelona.
- In late June 2010, Barcelona confirmed that he would be allowed to leave the club in the summer.
- In January 2011, He scored his third goal against Wolverhampton Wanderers in a delightful counter-attack move, with he making up 90 yards to latch onto the ball and fire it past the goalkeeper, with Manchester City eventually winning 4–3.
- The 2011–12 season began strongly as Manchester City led the table for the majority of the season, with Touré playing a vital part in midfield. He started the 2012–13 season with a goal in the FA Community Shield in the 3–2 win over Chelsea in Aston Villa's stadium Villa Park.
- He scored his first goal of the 2013-14 season with a free-kick as City defeated Newcastle United 4-0 in their opening Premier League match. In City's second home match of the season, he scored similarly from a free-kick against Hull City.
- On 10th August 2015, He scored as Manchester City defeated West Bromwich Albion 3-0 at The Hawthorns in their opening fixture of the 2015-16 Premier League season.
- It was announced on 4th May 2018 that he would leave Manchester City at the end of the 2017-18 season. His final appearance came in the 3–1 win over Brighton & Hove Albion F.C.
- He re-signed for the Superleague Greece club Olympiacos on 2nd September 2018. His contract with Olympiacos was terminated in December 2018 by mutual agreement.
- On 10th May 2019, it was reported he had retired from professional football and planned to start a coaching career. He later refuted the reports, clarifying he was preparing himself for coaching badges but was still in contention to play for a few more years.
- On 3rd July 2019, He joined China League One side Qingdao Huanghai.
Is Yaya Toure play for his nation?
- Toure has been a regular member of the Ivory Coast national team since his debut in 2004. In 2014, he was named captain of the team after the retirement of Didier Drogba. In February 2015, he won his 100th international cap in a 0-0 draw with Cameroon.
- In 2006, He appeared for Les Éléphants in all three of the team's matches at its first-ever World Cup. In the 2010 tournament, he again appeared in all of the Ivory Coast's matches, scoring the opening goal in a 3-0 win over North Korea. Touré made his third World Cup appearance during the 2014 competition and captained the team in their opening match; a 2-1 defeat of Japan in which he was named man of the match by FIFA.
- He has represented the Ivory Coast at six Africa Cup of Nations tournaments, in 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015; ending as runners-up in the 2006 and 2012 editions, and winners in 2015.
- He was named in the CAF's team of the tournament in 2008, 2012 and 2015. On 4th February 2015, He scored the opening goal in the Ivory Coast's 3-1 semi-final victory over DR Congo to qualify Les Éléphants for their third Africa Cup of Nations Final in nine years.
- On 8th February, He captained the Ivory Coast to its first AFCON win since 1992 with a penalty shootout defeat of Ghana at the Estadio de Bata in Equatorial Guinea.
- On 20th September 2016, He announced his retirement from international football. He returned to the national team set-up in March 2018.
Is Yaya Toure married or not?
Toure is yet to be married but his current marital status is under review. There is no source available that disclosed that he is in a relationship. Thus, he likes to hide his profile in low and lives like an ordinary man. If you know more about him, please share it with us by using the comment below.
What is Yaya Touré net worth?
Being a professional footballer, Toure earns a decent amount of money and fame through his profession in the feild of the sports industry. As per online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $70.8 million and his salary is somewhere around $27.6 million at present. However, his assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Yaya Touré?
Tours have a height of 6 feet 2 inches and weigh around 78 Kg. Similarly, he has an athletic body with a pair of black eyes and hair color. Further, his body measures 41-34-15 inches (Chest, Waist, and Biceps).