Last updated on February 13th, 2020 at 07:43 am
Facts About Yoel Romero
|Celebrated Name||Yoel Romero|
|Age||46 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Yoel Romero Palacio|
|Place Of Birth||Pinal del Rio|
|Brothers||Yoan Pablo Hernandez|
|Parents||Will Add Soon|
|Spouse||Name Not Revaled|
|Net Worth||$2 Million as of 2019|
|Salary||Will Add Soon|
|Source of Wealth||MMA Career|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Body Measurement||Will Add Soon|
A Cuban mixed martial artist, as well as a former freestyle wrestler, is named for Yoel Romero who is currently signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship, competing in the Middleweight division. He is also a former world gold medalist and an Olympic silver medalist who has won six world and Olympic medals in total. As of August 19, 2019, he is #3 in the UFC middleweight rankings. Overall, he is a very talented MMA Fighter.
Yoel Romero face Israel Adesanya on 7th March 2020 UFC 248
A pair of title fights headline in Las Vegas this March. Israel Adesanya has claimed full ownership of the UFC middleweight championship with a knockout win over Robert Whittaker, it is time for him to prove he can defend it. Adesanya will attempt to do just that when he puts the title up for grabs against longtime contender Yoel Romero in the main event of UFC 248. The event takes place on March 7 from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Romero has a complicated relationship with middleweight championship bouts. At UFC 213, Romero lost an interim championship fight to Whittaker in his first bid for UFC gold. The loss was the first of Romero's Octagon career. In his next fight, Romero again was scheduled to fight for the interim belt. He defeated Luke Rockhold in that fight but had missed weight, making him ineligible to win the title. A rematch with Whittaker was next and with it a shot at the undisputed middleweight crown. Romero lost by split decision. He now comes into the fight with Adesanya off a decision loss to Paulo Costa and with a 1-3 record in his four most recent fights.
What is the birthplace of Yoel Romero?
Yoel Romero was born on 30th April 1977, in Pinal del Rio, Cuba as Yoel Romero Palacio. He is a Cuban by his nationality and his ethnicity is black. He is Christian by religion. He also has a younger brother named Yoan Pablo Hernandez who is involved in boxing. He has a Bachelors's degree in Sports Science. There is no information about his parents as of now. As of 2019, he celebrated his 42nd birthday.
How was Yoel Romero's Career (Beginning-Present)?
- Yoel started training in wrestling in 1990 and he also represented Cuba at a senior level in the FILA Wrestling World Championships, which is held in the non-Olympic years, from 1997-2005.
- At the 1999 World Wrestling Championships, he became world champion by defeating the 1996 Olympic gold medalist, Khadzhimurad Magomedov of Russia.
- He controversially missed out on becoming a world champion again in 2002.
- He participated in the 2000 Olympics and grabbed a silver medal in the freestyle wrestling competition.
- In the 2004 summer Olympics, he could only secure the fourth spot.
- He also managed to win a gold medal win in the 2003 Pan American Games.
- In 2006, he was suspended by the Cuban Wrestling Federation for allegedly throwing a World Championship match.
- Later, he made his MMA debut in the ring in December 2009 where he received training from Sergej Kuftin and Zike Simic in Germany.
- At Strikeforce promotion in July 2011, he injured his neck, which kept him away from the action for some time and he came back with the biggest MMA promotion - the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- He made his UFC debut on 20th April 2013 against Clifford Starks fighting as a middleweight where he won in the first round itself, knocking out his opponent to adorn the title ‘Knockout of the Night’ and in the second UFC bout of his career in November, he knocked out his opponent in the third round.
- He defeated Derek Brunson in January 2014 via a brutal knock out in the third round and in his fourth fight against Brad Tavares, he won by the unanimous decision.
- He fights against Tim Kennedy where he was hurt very badly and was given some extra time to recover, which raised some eyebrows, and in the third round, he knocked out his opponent to secure a win.
- Against Lyoto Machida in June 2015, Yoel won with a TKO in the third round and for his smashing performance.
- In January 2016, he was again caught in a big controversy, which threatened Romero’s career where he failed a drug test as his blood sample was found out to have a banned substance.
- He entered the ring again in November 2016 and knocked his opponent Chris Weidman out in the third round and in the next fight in July 2017, he lost to Michael Bisping in an anonymous decision.
- His recent fight was a rematch against Whittaker which also ended in a loss for Romero.
- He was scheduled to fight Paulo Costa on November 3, 2018, but due to his facial injuries, the doctors recommended Romero to lay low until early 2019.
- On 17th August 2019, he faced Paulo Costa at UFC 241 where he lost the bout via unanimous decision in round three. This fight earned him the Fight of the Night award.
- He is scheduled to face Israel Adesanya on 7th March 2020 UFC 248 for the UFC middleweight title.
Who is Yoel Romero's Wife?
Romero is a married man. He also has three children, two daughters, and a son. There is not much information regarding his wife. His spouse and children are reportedly living in Cuba. He is a loyal husband and a loving father. There have been no rumors of their separation or divorce so far. The duo is enjoying their married life a lot.
What is the Net Worth of Yoel Romero as of 2020?
Yoel Romero is a famous MMA fighter and with his career, he has accumulated a huge amount of money. He has the net worth of $2 Million as of 2019 whereas his net worth as of 2020 is still to be calculated yet. His major source of earning is from his fighting career and he is satisfied with his earnings. His career earning is $1,951,000 and he is able to afford a luxurious and comfortable lifestyle from his paycheck. The details about his assets including house and car are not in the media yet; however, he often flaunts his car and house on his Instagram account. He is known for having a royal life and so does Yoel have and he is often spotted spending his spare time vacationing in exotic places, spending money extravagantly. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings. His exact salary is under review yet and it is still being calculated. We will let you know once we get information about it.
How tall is Yoel Romero?
Yoel Romero is a very handsome person with an athletic and strong body build. He has a terrific personality and has a good height of 5 feet and 10 inches and weighs 84 kg. His other body measurements are under review but it will be added soon once we get information about it. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality.
Trivias About Yoel Romero You Need To Know.
- He is currently signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- He is a former world gold medalist and an Olympic silver medalist who has won six world and Olympic medals in total.
- As of August 19, 2019, he is #3 in the UFC middleweight rankings.
- He has a younger brother named Yoan Pablo Hernandez.