Yola (Singer) - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Family, Wiki, Songs, Albums, Size
Yola is an English musician, singer, and songwriter. She is the recipient of four nominations at the 62nd Grammy Awards in 2020 in all the Categories. In 2022, the 38 years aspiring artist also receives two nominations at the 64th Grammy Awards in the category of Best Americana Album and Best American Roots Song for her work "Stand for Me" and "Diamond Studded Shoes".
Yola started her music career in the early 2000s. She performed as a guest vocalist and occasional songwriter for British musical acts like Sub Focus, Massive Attack, Bugz in the Attic, Ginger Wildheart, and Duke Dumont. When she launched her solo career in 2016, the response was instant: back-to-back honors in the Americana Music Association awards, and a warm welcome to Nashville, a city that has loved and praised her music.
Yola singer famous for
- Being an English musician, singer, and songwriter.
- For her albums "Walk Through Fire" and "Stand for Myself".
What nationality is Yola?
Yolanda Claire Quartey was born on 31st July 1983 in Bristol, a city, ceremonial county, and unitary authority in England, the UK. Her birth name is Yolanda Claire Quartey. She holds an English nationality and belongs to the black ethnicity. Her star sign is Leo. She is a follower of Christianity.
Yola was born to her Ghanaian father and a Barbadian mother. Her mother was of the “late Windrush generation” which means she must have arrived in the UK in the early 1970s. Yola's childhood didn't go well as her father left her and her mother when she was only two and her mother, a psychiatric nurse who played important role in Yola's upbringing.
As for education, Yola attended the local public school in her hometown, Bristol. After high school, she studied at a university in London on a student loan and later had to drop out due to being unable to pay her rent.
Yola musical career
- Yola begins making music at the age of 18 during her high school time in the early 2000s.
- She sang her first recording session 22 years ago, as a teenager in her English hometown, Bristol with the Bristol-based production team "Distorted Minds".
- She continued to work as a studio singer and topliner for electronic producers for four years.
- She first came into the limelight as a member of the Bristol band "Phantom Limb", of which she was a member from 2005 to 2012.
- Yola decided to launch a solo career after the death of her mother in 2013.
- She released her first solo EP, Orphan Offering, in 2016.
- Her debut album "Walk Through Fire" was released on 22nd February 2019.
- In December 2020, she was featured in Ringo Starr's single and video "Here's To The Nights", from his 2021 Zoom In EP.
- Her second studio album "Stand for Myself" was released on 30th July 2021.
- In February 2022, Yola commenced her 2022 Stand For Myself Tour in Boston.
What to know about Yola's personal life?
At the time of writing, Yola is not married or staying in the relationship. If we take a glimpse at Yola's social media accounts like Instagram, and Facebook we cannot trace or find any proof regarding her boyfriend or any link with the guys. In every photo and video posted by her, we can only find her clicking photos of herself or with her friends and family.
From here we can know that she is a lady highly dedicated to her career and work. Possibly, her focus on her profession might have made this beautiful lady stay away from the relationship bound. But we are not 100 percent sure about her relationship background because who knows that she might have secretly dated her loved one.
What is Yola's net worth?
As of May 2022, her net worth of Yola is estimated to be around US$1 million. She has managed to earn her fortune through her successful music career. A major part of her earnings comes from her album sales and revenues. She also makes a significant amount of money from her world tours and lives performances at concerts and music festivals.
How tall is Yola?
Trina is approximately 5 ft 7 inches tall and has a massive bodyweight of around 80 to 90 Kg. She is a woman with an average body type. She wears a 40B(US) size bra and a 16 (US) size dress. She feels comfortable wearing 8(US) size shoes. She has a pair of black eyes. She looks elegant in her long-curly hairstyle which is black in color.
Trivias About Yola You Need To Know.
- Yola was homeless for six months in her 20's.
- Her mother was against Yola's dream to be a singer.
- She is currently signed to Dan Auerbach's Easy Eye Studio in Nashville.
- She has huge faith in Jesus Christ.