Younghoe Koo - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Girlfriend, Family, Parents, Nationality, Age, Height, Wiki, Teams Played, College, Position, Injury, Contract
Younghoe Koo is a South Korean American football player. He plays as a placekicker. He went undrafted in the 2017 NFL Draft and was signed by Los Angeles Chargers. He was released by the Chargers in a short time. He then played for the Atlanta Legends of the Alliance of American Football (AAF). His performance with the Legends led to his return to the NFL. He signed with the Atlanta Falcons in 2019. He was named to his first Pro Bowl in 2020. He played college football at Georgia Southern University.
He has over 119k followers on Instagram.
What is Younghoe Koo Famous For?
- His ability to successfully execute onside kicks.
- Plays for the NFL team, Atlanta Falcons.
- Named to Pro Bowl in 2020.
Where is Younghoe Koo From?
Younghoe Koo was born on 3 August 1994. His birth place is in Seoul in South Korea. He holds South Korean as well as American nationality. He belongs to the Asian ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Leo. He was born to South Korean parents. He was born to a father, Hyunseo Koo, and a mother, Seungmae Choi. His home town is in Seoul. He played soccer growing up and won a regional kicking competition. His mother moved to the United States when he was in 4th grade. His father remained in Korea. He then moved to the United States to live with his mother.
Regarding his educational background, he initially studied in Korea. After he moved to the United States, he attended sixth grade there. He attended Ridgewood High School. He continued to play football there and was on the high school football team. He was named team MVP in his senior season at Ridgewood High School. He contributed on both special teams and defense and tallied six interceptions.
After graduating from college, he committed to Georgia Southern University. He was a four-year contributor for the Eagles and earned first-team all-conference honors in the Sun Belt Conference in his final season. He completed his college career converting 88.6% of his field-goal attempts, setting a Georgia Southern team record.
Younghoe Koo Career
- Koo entered but went undrafted in the 2017 NFL Draft.
- He signed with the Los Angeles Chargers as an undrafted free agent.
- He won the starting job over incumbent kicker Josh Lambo ahead of the season.
- He made his NFL debut in the season opener against the Denver Broncos.
- Four weeks into the 2017 season, he was waived by the Chargers after he missed consecutive game-ending kicks. Veteran Nick Novak replaced Koo.
- He was 3-of-6 fields and recorded 8 touchbacks on 14 kickoffs while playing for the Chargers.
- Koo signed with the Atlanta Legends of the AAF on 14 January 2019.
- He scored the first points in AAF regular-season history, making a 38-yard field goal against the Orlando Apollos on 9 February 2019.
- His impressive performance for the Legends led him to be named AAF Special Teams Player of the Week.
- The league ceased operations during midseason in April 2019.
- He had been a perfect 14-of-14 on his field goals.
- He then worked out with the Chicago Bears but did not sign with the team.
- New England Patriots signed him to their practice squad on 4 October 2019. He was released in the same month.
- He then signed with the Atlanta Falcons on 29 October 2019. He signed for $645,000.
- He made his Falcons debut against the New Orleans Saints. He made all four of his field goals in a 26-9 win.
- He was named the NFL Special Teams Player of the Week for his performance.
- He made a career-long 50-yarder field goal in the 2019 season's Week 14's 40-20 win over the Carolina Panthers. He also recorded four extra points, and recovered a fumble forced by a teammate.
- For his performance against the Panthers, he was named the NFL Specials Teams Player of the Week for the second time.
- He signed a one-year contract extension with the Falcons on 18 February 2020.
- He made career-long 54-yarder field goal in the Week 5 loss against the Minnesota Vikings in the 2020 season.
- He made career-high 5 field goals in the 43-6 win over the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 12.
- He was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Month for the month of November.
- He became NFL's leading scorer following Week 13. He made 21 of 33 field goals and 23 extra points for a total of 119 points.
- He was selected to his first Pro Bowl on 20 December 2020.
Younghoe Koo Girlfriend
Younghoe Koo is not married. However, he is not single. He is in a relationship with a beautiful girl named Ava Maurer, who is not South Korean but an American. He maintains a private life. He does not share much about his personal life on social media. Any development will be updated here.
Younghoe Koo Height
Younghoe Koo stands at a height of 1.75 m i.e. 5 feet and 9 inches tall. He has a body weight of 185 lbs i.e. 84 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Younghoe Koo Net Worth
Younghoe Koo earns from his professional career as a football player. Having gone undrafted in the 2017 NFL Draft, he earned recognition after he flourished with the Atlanta Legends in the AAF. He returned back to the NFL with the Atlanta Falcons in 2019. He signed a one-year contract extension with the Falcons on 18 February 2020. His income comes from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. His annual salary is reported at $750,000 at present. His net worth is estimated below $1 million at present.
Trivias About Younghoe Koo You Need To Know.
- His mother is a nurse, whereas his father is a university professor.
- He moved to the United States when he was 12.
- He spoke almost no English while he moved to the United States.
- He was named a finalist for the Lou Groza Award which is given annually to the best college kicker in the nation.
- He is the fourth player in NFL history to have been born in South Korea.
- He wears jersey number 7 for the Atlanta Falcons.