Last updated on November 22nd, 2022 at 03:55 pm
Facts About Youssef Msakni
|32 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Source of Wealth
|$1 million to $5 million
|1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)
Youssef Msakni is a well-recognized Tunisian professional footballer who currently plays as a winger or forwards for Qatar Stars League club Al Arabi on loan from Al-Duhail and the Tunisia national team. His jersey number is 28. His youth career started with the Stade Tunisien academy in 2004 and he began playing his professional career in 2008 when he joined the Esperance Tunis football club. Youssef then joined the Tunisia national team in 2010. He is also best known for having won the Qatar Stars League award in 2018 for Best Player of the Year for his work with the Al-Duhil Football Club. He played a major role in qualifying for the tournament after scoring against Togo in Monastir as well as he was also one of the leading players in the group stage. Youssef scored a hat-trick against Guinea in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers on 7th October 2017.
Youssef Msakni famous for
- He is a Tunisian professional footballer.
- He plays as a winger or forward for Qatar Stars League club Al Arabi.
Where is Youssef Msakni from?
Youssef Msakni was born on 28th October 1990 in Tunis, Tunisia. He is Tunisian by nationality and Tunisian-white by ethnicity. Similarly, he follows the Christian religion and his race is white. Youssef celebrated his 32nd birthday recently in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Scorpio. He is the son of his father, Mondher Msakni who is a former player for the Tunisian club, Stade Tunisien. Youssef has not shared the details of his mother. He also has two siblings named Iheb Msakni who has also represented Tunisian National Football Team and currently plays for Al Ahed as a midfielder like Youssef. And his other brother, Mohamed Aziz Msakni is also a midfielder playing for AS Soliman.
What team does Youssef Msakni play for?
- Youssef Msakni started his football career in Stade Tunisien after which he moved to Esperance Sportive de Tunis in July 2008 and played his first game with ES Tunis on 26th July 2009, on the first day of the 2009-2010 season, against Olympique Beja.
- He then scored his first league goal in his third game against AS Kasserine in the 54th minute of play of a 4-0 win on 8th August.
- He won the CAF Champions League on 12th November 2011, finishing second in the competition with five goals, just behind Wydad Casablanca striker Fabrice Ondama, who scored six goals.
- Also, he won the Tunisian Ligue Professionnelle 1 for the fourth time on 30th September 2012 by winning the title of best scorer in the Tunisian football championship with 17 goals.
Lekhwiya and Al Duhail
- Youssef signed a four-year contract with Qatari Stars League club Lekhwiya SC on 3rd July 2012, but he joined the club on 1st January 2013.
- He scored his first goal in the 28th minute, with his team winning 4-0 against Al-Wakrah SC on 10th February, and won the 2013 Qatar Crown Prince Cup against the Al Sadd after scoring his team's third goal in a 3-2 win on 4th May.
- Msakni received offers from Olympique de Marseille and teams playing La Liga after the team changed its name from Lekhwiya to Al Duhail but he preferred to stay in Qatar and play in Europe after the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- It was reported on 8th April 2018 that he would miss this summer's World Cup in Russia after being ruled out for six months because of a knee injury.
- In December 2018, he was linked with a move to Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion and in January 2019 he moved on loan to Belgian First Division A side K.A.S. Eupen.
- Youssef Msakni received his first call-up to the Tunisia national team from coach Faouzi Benzarti on 14th December 2009 for a friendly against Gambia in preparation for the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations.
- As well, he won the CHAN with Tunisia in a 3-0 victory over Angola on 25th February 2011 where he scored a single goal during this competition, against Angola but this time in the group stage.
- He also scored a hat-trick against Guinea in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers on 7th October 2017.
- Subsequently, he played his first Africa Cup of Nations at only 19 years old and held a place in the Benzarti squad.
- He scored in the 75th minute of play by eliminating two opponents in the first game against Morocco and took a 2-1 lead and qualified for the quarter-finals of the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.
- He was a part of the group in South Africa following a difficult qualification at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations against Sierra Leone.
- He scored in the 90th minute by undoing a 25-meter rolled strike that is lodged in the goal of Rais M'Bolhi in the first match of Group D against Algeria on 22nd January.
- As well, he took part in the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea, where he played in the first match against Cape Verde replacing Wahbi Khazri in the 82nd minute.
- Youssef later played a major role in qualifying for the tournament after scoring against Togo in Monastir and he became one of the leading players in the group stage after delivering an assist against Algeria in the 50th minute which they won 2-1 and scoring a goal against Zimbabwe in the 22nd minute of a 4-2 win.
- Unfortunately, he was eliminated in the quarter-finals against Burkina Faso after losing 0-2.
Awards and Achievements
- Kirin Cup: 2022
- FIFA Arab Cup runner-up: 2021
- Africa Cup of Nations fourth place: 2019
- Qatar Stars League: Best player 2017-2018
- Al Duhail on 30th June 2023 at the end of the loan
- Al Arabi SC on 14th July 2022 at loan
- Al Duhail on 30th June 2022 at the end of the loan
- Al Arabi SC on 23rd January 2021 at loan
- KAS Eupen on 9th January 2019 for free
- Al Duhail on 1st Janaury 2013 at 4.3m euros
- Esperance Tunis on 26th Aug 2008 From Stade Tunisien at 125k euros
Who is Youssef Msakni's wife?
Youssef Msakni is a married man. He exchanged vows with Tunisian actress and fashion model Amira Jaziri on 4th July 2017. However, the couple's relationship did not long last as they got separated in 2021. Msakni after that started to live his life in freedom. Meanwhile, there have been no speculations about any other leading woman in his life till now. Furthermore, talking about his sexual orientation, he is straight.
Youssef Msakni Net Worth and Salary
Youssef Msakni has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. With his hard work and luck by his side, he can double the amount of wealth he has today. Youssef's current market value is €1.20m whereas his highest market value was €4.50m as of 9th May 2018. He has also done endorsement work for several brands from where he is earning a fine amount of money. Besides, his major source of income is his football career and he is sincere in his work.
How tall is Youssef Msakni?
Youssef Msakni is 1.79 m (5 ft 10 in) tall and his body weighs around 161 lbs. He has dark brown hair and eyes color. Youssef's body build type is athletic. He has maintained his shape over the years with regular exercise it seems.
Trivias About Youssef Msakni You Need To Know.
- His youth career began with the Stade Tunisien academy in 2004.
- He started playing his professional career in 2008 when he joined the Esperance Tunis football club.
- He is known for having won the Qatar Stars League award in 2018 for Best Player of the Year for his work with the Al-Duhil Football Club.
- Msakni has played over 80 matches and scored 17 goals for Tunisia
- On 7th October 2017, Msakni scored a hat-trick against Guinea in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.