Facts About Yul Moldauer
|26 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Seoul, South Korea
|University of Oklahoma
|Source of Wealth
|$70,000 to $90,000 USD per year
|5 ft 2 in (160.0 cm)
|Wikipedia Instagram Twitter
Yul Moldauer, a versatile American artistic gymnast is the 2017 U.S. national all-around champion and the 2017 World bronze medalist on floor exercise. He is well known for being set to represent the United States at the 2020 Summer Olympics. He joined a local gym offering a free tryout at the age of seven, and at age ten, he joined 5280 Gymnastics, where he was coached by the Artemev family. He began winning state and regional meets and eventually won a place on the Junior National Team.
Colorado's Yul Moldauer's journey to the Olympics
Olympic dreams can begin anywhere. And for one Coloradan, those aspirations began in a town north of Fort Collins. "For me, I just feel like a little kid wanting to become an Olympian," said Yul Moldauer before his first trip to the games. "Still in shock. It's an unreal feeling." From a ranch outside of Wellington, gymnast Yul Moldauer has traveled a long way to get to Tokyo.
"We had horses, goats, cows, chickens, ducks," Moldauer recalled of his childhood as he learned early on the value of hard work. "Growing up on a farm, it takes a lot of hard work. A lot of responsibility. You can't sleep in, you can't just skip a day." "Monkey bars, rings, ladders you can climb," recalled Moldauer of his parents' creations. "They saw my form and thought I might be a good gymnast."
"I just told myself one day I could be one of the top guys making the team," said Moldauer as he enters the games as one of the most-accomplished U.S. male gymnasts and a legitimate contender for medals in multiple events. "This is what I've been growing up to do," said Moldauer. "This is what I'm built for. You can run with it or you can let it bring you down. For me, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."
- Being a versatile American artistic gymnast.
- For being set to represent the United States at the 2020 Summer Olympics.
What is Yul Moldauer Nationality?
Yul Moldauer opened his eyes for the very first time on 26th August 1996 in Seoul, South Korea. He is Korean by nationality and Korean-American by ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Yul's present age is 24 which he celebrated back in 2020. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Virgo. Yul was adopted by Peter Moldauer and Orsa Moldauer before he was one year old. He has three siblings, Leah, Sorcha, and Sundo.
Moving towards Yul's education, he attended Golden High School. He was a member of the gymnastics team at the University of Oklahoma where he graduated in May 2020 with a degree in communications.
What does Yul Moldauer do for a living?
- Yul Moldauer commenced his gymnast career by joining a local gym offering a free tryout at the age of 7 after which he joined 5280 Gymnastics at the age of 10, where he was coached by the Artemev family.
- He won the junior title on the pommel horse at the U.S. National Championships in 2014 as well as he won the gold medal in the 18-year-old age division at the Junior Olympic National Championships in 2015. He won his first NCAA all-around title in 2016.
- Later Yul competed at the 2017 Winter Cup where he won gold in the all-around and he also competed at his first top-level international competition in March at the 2017 American Cup in Newark, New Jersey, where he placed first ahead of Olympic gold and silver medalist Oleg Vernyayev.
- He became the NCAA champion on the floor exercise and rings and placed second in the all-around and on parallel bars.
- As well, he won the all-around national title at the 2017 U.S. National Championships in Anaheim, California in August 2017, and tied for the gold medal with Eddie Penev on floor exercise.
- He made his first World Championship appearance at the 2017 World Championships in Montreal, Canada, and won the bronze medal in the floor exercise final, and placed 7th in the all-around final.
- Yul won his second consecutive American Cup all-around title in March at the 2018 American Cup ahead of more accomplished gymnasts including Kenzo Shirai of Japan.
- He won the silver medal in the all-around behind Sam Mikulak in August at the 2018 U.S. National Championships.
- He also competed at the 2018 World Championships in Doha, Qatar in October 2018. He went on to place 12th in the all-around final and fourth in the floor exercise final.
- As well, he competed at the 2019 Winter Cup in Las Vegas, finishing first in the all-around.
- He won his third consecutive American Cup all-around title in March at the 2019 American Cup, just 0.001 of a point ahead of fellow American Sam Mikulak.
- He again won the silver medal in the all-around behind Sam Mikulak in August at the 2019 U.S. National Championships. He won silver medals on floor exercises and parallel bars.
- Yul competed at the 2020 Winter Cup in Las Vegas, finishing first on vault, third on parallel bars, fourth on pommel horse, and fifth all-around. He was named to the 2020 senior men's team due to his results at the Winter Cup Challenge.
- Moreover, Yul finished first on parallel bars, third all-around, third on floor, fourth on pommel horse, and fifth on still rings at the 2021 Winter Cup Challenge in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- At the 2021 U.S. Gymnastics Championships in Fort Worth, Texas he finished first on parallel bars, second all-around, and third on floor and still rings.
- Also, he was named to the 2021 Olympic team alongside Brody Malone, Sam Mikulak, and Shane Wiskus.
- Moldauer secured his spot on the team by finishing second in the all-around and finishing in the top three on at least three apparatuses at the 2021 Olympic Trials in St. Louis, Missouri.
Is Yul Moldauer Dating anyone?
Yul Moldauer is an unmarried guy. Talking about his relationship, he seems to be dating someone. He has not revealed her details yet. Like a lot of other celebrities, Yul tries to keep his personal life private. Concerning Yul's sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Yul Moldauer?
Yul Moldauer has a net worth of $1.7 million as of 2021. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is between $70,000 to $90,000 USD per year. With his calm and easy-going personality, he is expected to get more popular in the coming years. He has not done any endorsement work yet. In addition, his major source of income is from his gymnastic career.
How tall is Yul Moldauer?
Yul Moldauer stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 2 in (160.0 cm) with a balanced bodyweight of 70 Kg. He has dark brown hair and eyes color. He is athletic by body build. Yul definitely has emerged as another teen sensation in the scene.
Trivias About Yul Moldauer You Need To Know.
- Yul is set to represent the United States at the 2020 Summer Olympics.
- He is the 2017 U.S. national all-around champion and the 2017 World bronze medalist on floor exercise.
- He was adopted by Peter and Orsa Moldauer before he was one year old.
- He was a member of the gymnastics team at the University of Oklahoma.
- At age seven, Moldauer joined a local gym offering a free tryout, and at age ten, he joined 5280 Gymnastics, where he was coached by the Artemev family.