Facts About Zawe Ashton
|Celebrated Name||Zawe Ashton|
|Age||38 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Zawedde Ashton|
|Profession||Actress , Playwright , Director|
|Place Of Birth||Hackney, London|
|Famous For||Her work in Fresh Meat, Not Safe for Work, Velvet Buzzsaw, Dreams of a Life|
|School||Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School, Parliament Hill School, Anna Scher Theater School|
|College / University||Manchester School of Theater|
|Debut Movie||St. Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold|
|Debut Television Show/Series||Game On|
|Awards||2nd prize at the 2010 Ian Charleson Awards for her classical performance in Salome, Screen Nation Award for Female Performance in a Film 2012/2013 for Dreams of a Life|
|Height||1.805 (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||139 lbs (63 kg)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Acting, playwright|
|Net Worth||Below $5 million|
Zawedde Ashton, popularly known as Zawe Ashton is an English actress, playwright, and director. Ashton is best known for her role in the comedy-drama series, Fresh Meat and Not Safe for Work. She is also known for her role of Joyce Carol Vincent in Dreams of a Life and the Netflix horror thriller film, Velvet Buzzsaw. She is the new addition to the Marvel franchise as she was announced to join MCU as a villain in the upcoming 2023 film, The Marvels.
Besides acting, she is also a playwright and director. She has written numerous plays and has been nominated for several awards.
What is Zawe Ashton Famous For?
- Her work in Fresh Meat, Not Safe for Work, Velvet Buzzsaw, Dreams of a Life.
- She will join MCU as a villain in The Marvels.
Where is Zawe Ashton From?
Zawe Ashton was born on 25 July 1984. Her birth name is Zawedde Ashton. Her birth place is in Hackney, London in England. She holds an English nationality. She was born to her father, Paul Ashton, and her mother, Victoria Ashton. She belongs to mixed ethnicity and her religion is Christianity. She has two younger siblings. Her zodiac sign is Leo.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Elizabeth Garrett Andeson School and Parliament Hill School.
She studied acting from an early age. She attended the Anna Scher Theater School from the age of six. She later earned her degree in acting at the Manchester School of Theater.
Zawe Ashton Career Timeline
- Theaters: Her theatre credits include Harold Pinter's Betrayal at The Harold Pinter Theatre, London and the Bernard B. Jacob's Theatre, Broadway. Rhinoceros, The Arsonists, Gone Too Far! (Royal Court), Othello (Globe Theatre), Frontline (Globe Theatre), All The Little Things We Crushed (Almeida), This Wide Night (Soho Theatre), Michael Frayn's comedy Here (The Rose Theatre Kingston), Abi Morgan’s Splendour (Donmar Warehouse), John Genet's The Maids (Trafalgar Studios), Salome in Salome (Headlong Theatre / Hampstead Theatre). She was awarded 2nd prize at the 2010 Ian Charleson Awards for her classical performance in Salome.
- Television: Her TV credits include Vod in the Channel 4 comedy Fresh Meat, Claire in the six-part BBC One / Netflix series Wanderlust, Journey Blue in Doctor Who, BBC, and Katherine in Not Safe For Work.
- Films: Her film credits include Velvet Buzzsaw, Dreams of a Life, St. Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold, Blitz, Nocturnal Animals, directed by Tom Ford, Greta directed by Neil Jordan. She was nominated for the Most Promising Newcomer at the 2012 British Independent Film Awards for her lead role in Dreams of a Life. She won Screen Nation Award for Female Performance in a Film 2012/2013 for the same role. It was announced in February 2021 that Williams will play a villain in the upcoming MCU film, The Marvels, set to release in 2023.
- Writing: Ashton entered poetry slams at the age of 17. She won the London Poetry Slam Championship in 2000. She was a Young Writer in Residence at the Contact Theater in 2006. Her first play, Harm's Way, was shortlisted for the Verity Bargate Award. Her other plays are Skunk, She from the Sea, The Hardest Rain, and For all the Women Who Thought They Were Mad among others. She contributed to the writing of The Children's Monologues. She published her first book, Character Breakdown in 2019.
Who is Zawe Ashton Boyfriend?
Zawe Ashton is not married. However, the Velvet Buzzsaw is not single. She is dating an English actor, Tom Hiddleston who plays one of the popular Marvel characters, Loki in the MCU films. The couple first met while working in the 2019 play, Betrayal. They later started dating each other.
How Tall is Zawe Ashton?
Zawe Ashton stands at the height of 1.805 m i.e. 5 feet 11 inches tall. She has a body weight of around 139 lbs i.e. 63 kg. She has a slim body build. Her eye color and hair color are both dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Zawe Ashton Net Worth?
Zawe Ashton is one of the popular English actors. She has starred in numerous movies, tv shows, and plays. The majority of her income comes from her acting career. Besides acting, she is also a playwright, director, and narrator who has worked on numerous projects. Summing up, she makes her fortune out of her career in the entertainment industry. Her net worth is estimated below $5 million at present.
Trivias About Zawe Ashton You Need To Know.
- Her father is English her mother is Ugandan.
- Her maternal grandfather, Paulo Muwanga was formerly President and Prime Minister of Uganda.
- As a child, she appeared in two episodes of The Demon Headmaster.
- Nylon magazine's Young Hollywood Issue named her one of the "55 faces of the future" in 2010.
- Cosmopolitan magazine awarded her the "Ultimate Newcomer" award at their 2012 Women of the Year awards.
- She won the Creative Diversity Network Award for Best Breakthrough On-Screen Talent for her work in Fresh Meat in 2012.
- She narrated 13 episodes of 24 Hours in Police Custody.
- She narrated a documentary Public Enemies: Jay-Z vs Kanye in 2017.
- She presented the 3rd series of Random Acts.
- She was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature in July 2021.