Facts About Zedd
|Age||33 Years Old|
|Nick Name||DJ Zedd|
|Birth Name||Anton Zaslavski|
|Place Of Birth||Saratov|
|Famous For||Won a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for his song, "Clarity"|
|Mother||Marina Vladimirovna Zaslavskaya|
|Brothers||Arkadi and Daniel|
|Home Town||Dansenberg, Kaiserslautern|
|Education||Completed High School|
|Career Start||Started by joining German band, Dioramic in 2002|
|Awards||Grammy Award, APRA Music Award, Bill Music Award, iHeartRadio Music Award, MTV Video Music Award, Teen Choice Award|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||148 lbs (67 kg)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Marital Status||Not Married|
|Girlfriend||Selena Gomez (Ex-girlfriend)|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Source of Wealth||Music (recording contracts, album sales, concerts, tours, sponsorships)|
|Net Worth||$50 million|
|Links||Instagram Twitter YouTube|
Zedd is a Russian-German DJ and music producer. Born in Russia, he grew up in Germany where he began his musical career. He garnered mainstream recognition after the release of his song, "Clarity" (featuring Foxes) in 2012. The song won him a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording. He released his debut studio album Clarity in 2012. He released his second studio album, True Colors in 2015. He has won several other awards and has earned numerous nominations.
What is Zedd Famous For?
- Won a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording for his song, "Clarity".
Where is Zedd From?
Zedd was born on 2 September 1989. His birth name is Anton Zaslavski. His birthplace is in Saratov in Russia. He holds Russian and German nationality. His family moved to Germany when he was three years old. His hometown is Dansenberg, Kaiserslautern where he grew up. He was born to his father, Igor Zaslavski, and his mother, Marina Vladimirovna Zaslavskaya. He has an older brother Arkadi and a younger half-brother, Daniel. He belongs to the White ethnicity and his religion is Jewish. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
- Zedd started playing piano at the age of four.
- He started playing drums at the age of 12.
- He joined the German deathcore band, Dioramic in 2002.
- After hearing Cross by the French electronic duo, Justice, he became more interested in producing electronic music.
- He left Dioramic in 2010.
- The same year, he won two Beatport remix contests.
- His first original release, "The Anthem" entered the Beatport Electro house chart in the top 20.
- As a DJ and music producer, he has produced remixes of several well-known artists.
- He has produced remixes of Skrillex, Justin Biber, Lady Gaga, the Black Eyed Peas, and Periphery among others.
- He released his first release on OWSLA, "Shave It Up" in 2011.
- He departed with OWSLA and signed with Interscope Records in 2012.
- He released his debut single from the label "Spectrum".
- The single reached the top of Billboard's Hot Dance Club Songs.
- He garnered mainstream recognition after the release of his 2012 single, "Clarity" (featuring Foxes).
- The song reached the 8th position on the Billboard Hot 100.
- The song won him a Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording at the 56th Grammy Awards.
- He released his debut studio album, Clarity.
- The album includes his hit singles, "Shave It", "Stay the Night", "Clarity", and "Spectrum".
- He released the deluxe version of his album Clarity in 2013.
- He produced "Aura", "G.U.Y", and "Donatella" on Lady Gaga's 2013 album, Artpop.
- The song "Find You" featuring Matthew Koma and Miriam Bryant was included on the soundtrack for the film, Divergent.
- He collaborated with Ariana Grande on her song, "Break Free" in 2014.
- A documentary, Moment of Clarity about Zedd and his 2013 world tour was released through his YouTube channel in December 2014.
- He runs an eponymous YouTube channel with over 6 million followers.
- He worked with Japanese singer Namie Amuro and produced her promotional single, "Heaven".
- He released his second studio album, True Colors in 2015.
- His second album contains his hit singles, "I Want You To Know" (featuring Selena Gomez), "Beautiful Now"(featuring Jon Bellion), and "Papercut"(featuring Troye Sivan).
- He performed at the 2015 CMT Music Awards with Lady Antebellum.
- He collaborated with Hailee Steinfeld and producer duo Grey on the song, "Starving" in 2016 which peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard Mainstream Top 40.
- He released a collaboration with Riot Games for the 2016 League of Legends eSports championship, Worlds, titled "Ignite".
- He remixed Snake's hit song "Let Me Love You" in December 2016.
- He collaborated with Alessia Cara on the single, "Stay" and Liam Payne on the single "Get Low" in 2017.
- He was nominated for Grammy Award for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for "Stay". It won the iHeartRadio Music Award for Dance Song of the Year and the MTV Video Music Award for Best Dance.
- He collaborated with Maren Morris and Grey on the single, "The Middle", and Elley Duhe on the single, "Happy Now" in 2018.
- He also worked with National Geographic to make a song for the documentary series, One Strange Rock in 2018.
- "The Middle" earned Grammy Award nominations for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. It won iHeartRadio Music Awards for Song of the Year and Dance Song of the Year.
- He remixed Shawn Mendes' "Lost in Japan" in 2018. They performed at the 2018 American Music Awards and the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
- He collaborated with Katy Perry on the singles, "365" and "Never Really Over" in 2019.
- He collaborated with Kehlani on the single "Good Thing" in 2019.
- He collaborated with Jasmine Thompson on the single, "Funny", and Griff on the single, "Inside Out" in 2020.
- He had a residency along with Tiesto at the new Las Vegas super club, Zouk in 2021.
- He performed at Musikfest in 2021.
- He released "You've Got To Let Go If You Want To Be Free" with duo Disclosure in January 2022.
- He played at EDC Las Vegas in May 2022.
Who is Zedd Girlfriend?
Zedd is not married and is reportedly single at present. He previously dated Selena Gomez in 2015. Their relationship did not last long. He is very private about his personal life.
He lives in Los Angeles, California.
What is Zedd Height?
Zedd stands at the height of 1.74 m i.e. 5 feet and 8 inches tall. He has a body weight of 148 lbs i.e. 67 kg. He has a slim body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is dark brown.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Zedd Net Worth?
Zedd earns from his career in the musical industry. He is one of the top DJs and music producers. He earns from contracts, record sales, concerts, tours, sponsorships, and residencies. He signed with Valorant in September 2021 where he creates different cosmetic weapon skins featuring exclusive sound effects and custom tunes. At present, his net worth is estimated at $50 million.
Trivias About Zedd You Need To Know.
- He was born to a Jewish family.
- His father is a guitarist and school teacher.
- His mother is a piano teacher.
- His stage name, Zedd, was derived from zed, the English pronunciation, barring American English, for the first letter of his surname, Z.
- He creates his music using the Cubase suite of music production applications.
- He uses plug-ins such as the Sylenth1, Nexus, SynthMaster 2.6, and Omnisphere synthesizers, and the Kontakt sampler.
- He performed at Coachella in 2019.
- He has been nominated for American Music Awards for Favorite Electronic Dance Music Artist four times.
- His album True Colors won Billboard Music Award for Top Dance/Electornic Song in 2016.
- His song "The Middle" won Billboard Music Award for Top Dance/Electronic Song in 2019. - He performed at the Super Bowl LVI.
- He organized a benefit concert for the American Civil Liberties Union in 2017, prompted in response to US President Donald Trump's executive order to "suspended all refugee admissions for 120 days and blocked citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries, refugees or otherwise".
- He is permanently banned from China due to his liking of a tweet related to South Park, an American adult animated sitcom that had been banned in the country several days prior as a result of the episode "Band in China".
- He is a fan of the German football club, 1. FC Kaiserslautern.