Alton Brown Bio, Net Worth, Story, Married, Wife, Family, Age, Nationality, Height, Weight, Education, Siblings, Career, Awards, Facts, Wiki, Kids
Alton Brown is an American television personality, food show presenter, chef, author, cinematographer, and musician who is well known as the creator and host of the popular Food Network television show, "Good Eats". The show that ran for 14 seasons was an instant hit and the most popular cookery show of his career that established him as a charismatic expert on cooking.
Brown also got recognition as the host of the miniseries, "Feasting on Asphalt", "Feasting on Waves", "Iron Chef America" and "Cutthroat Kitchen".
On basis of his experience in writing books, Brown has written several books on food and cooking, letting him become a best-selling author. In November 2020, Brown got involved in media controversy when he has to apologize after making “flippant” remarks about the Holocaust on Twitter which he claimed to remark on the current political climate and not to Holocaust.
Besides, Brown is quite active on social media sites with over 839k followers on Instagram: @altonbrown and over 4.5 million followers on Twitter: @altonbrown.
What is Alton Brown Famous for?
- Famous as the Celebrity chef who created and hosted "Good Eats".
Where was Alton Brown Born?
Alton Brown was born on July 30, 1962, in Los Angeles, California, United States. His birth name is Alton Crawford Brown Jr. His nationality is American. Brown belongs to White ethnicity while Leo is his zodiac sign.
Alton Brown was born in a well-to-family but his parents divorced soon. Alton's father, Alton Brown, Sr. was a well-known media executive, owner of the radio station WRWH and publisher of the newspaper "White County News". However, when Alton was just 12 years old, his father died allegedly by committing suicide which was shortly after, his mother remarried.
It was Alton's last day of sixth grade when the incident happened. Going through personal problems, Alton somehow managed to continue on his career joining the University of Georgia to study film and drama.
Soon after his graduation, he started cinematography and film production with his initial works on several music videos, including "The One I Love" by R.E.M. Even though he was good in cinematography he always had an interest in cooking since his childhood that he even used to watch cookery shows passionately back in time.
After deciding to move to cook he got enrolled and graduated from New England Culinary Institute in 1997.
Alton Brown's Career Highlights
- Alton Brown began his professional cooking career with the creation of his own show titled "Good Eats" on Food Network and Cooking Channel. The show was unique as it had cooking innovations combined with humor, science, and technique becoming an instant hit among the audiences.
- It is even the most popular cookery show of his career which ran for altogether 14 seasons for almost 12 years from 1998 till 2012. His show also received a Peabody Award in 2006 and was nominated for the Best TV Food Journalism Award.
- Brown relaunched the show in two versions; "Good Eats Reloaded on Cooking Channel"(2018), and "Good Eats: The Return" in August 2019.
- Brown appeared as an expert commentator on the cooking show, "Iron Chef America: Battle of the Masters" in 2004.
- He then served as the host for all five seasons of the spin-off "The Next Iron Chef".
- Brown's third cooking series, "Feasting on Asphalt" premiered on Food Network on July 29, 2006. The series ran for three seasons until 2008 under different titles "Feasting on Asphalt 2: The River Run" and "Feasting on Waves" 2007.
- He also mentored on Season 8 of "The Next Food Network Star", guest-starred on Nickelodeon's TV series, "SpongeBob SquarePants" and "Myth Busters".
- In 2013, Brown hosted the cooking competition series, "Cutthroat Kitchen" on the Food Network.
- Brown launched his first national tour, "Alton Brown Live: The Edible Inevitable Tour," in October 2013.
- He also became a part of the "The Layover" and joined the Nerdist Podcast Network with "The Alton Brown cast".
- His second tour show, "Alton Brown Live: Eat Your Science" was launched in 2016.
- During the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, Brown was active with his shows, "Pantry Raide" and "Quarantine Quitchen" from his home.
- Recipient of two James Beard Awards
- Received the Best Book award in 2003 for his first book, "I'm Just Here for the Food"
- Received the Peabody Award in 2007 for "Good Eats".
- Awarded with the Broadcast Media Award in 2011.
Alton Brown's Wife
Alton Brown has married twice to date. His first marriage was with Deanna Brown who was also an executive producer on "Good Eats". They together had a daughter named Zoey born in 1999, after years of marriage they got divorced in 2015. Almost three years later his divorce, Brown got engaged to his current wife named Elizabeth Ingram. Ingram is an Atlanta based restaurant designer with whom Alton got married on September 29, 2018, on a boat in Charleston, South Carolina.
They have two dogs: a terrier named Francis Luther and a Boston terrier/pug mix named Scabigail Van Buren. Currently, the couple lives a blissful life in Marietta, Georgia. Besides, Brown is a trained pilot and even owns two planes; a Cessna 206 and a Cessna 414, was once a motorcycling enthusiast which he gave up in 2012.
Alton Brown's Net Worth
Alton Brown has quite good earnings from his profession as a popular television personality, food show presenter, chef, and author. Having his career started in 1988, Brown has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the prominent celebrity chefs. With his earnings from his several shows, Brown has managed to amass a healthy fortune estimated to be around $13 million.
Brown also makes money from his several commercial works including for General Electric products, Colgate toothpaste, Dannon yogurt, Welch's, Shun knives, Heifer International, and Healthy Choice's line.
Alton Brown's Height
Alton Brown is a good-looking man with a well-maintained athletic body physique in his late 40s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 10inches.(1.78m) while his body weighs around 78kg(171 lbs). He has a fair complexion with bald hair and a pair of brown eyes.
Back in 2009, Brown lost weight and became healthier which he mentioned and described the details on "Live and Let Diet" of 'Good Eats'.