Last updated on August 18th, 2023 at 01:50 am
Facts About Anthony Bourdain
|Celebrated Name||Anthony Bourdain|
|Age||66 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Anthony Michael Bourdain|
|Marital Status||In Relationship (Before Death)|
|Place Of Birth||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Height||6 feet 4 inches|
|Spouse||Nancy Putkoski (M. 1985; Div. 2005) and Ottavia Busia (M. 2007; Div. 2016)|
|Best Known For||Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary U|
|College / University||Vassar College / Culinary Institute of America|
|Girl Friend||Asia Argento|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Net Worth||$ 16 Million|
|Death Date||June 8, 2018|
|Place Of Death||Kaysersberg, France|
|Cause Of Death||Suicide By Hanging|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
The world-popular celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain is no longer with us. One man, who had inspired many people all over the world committed suicide in a hotel room. Now let’s know his biography and death cause through this wiki!
- An American chef, author, and television personality.
- Authoring several bestselling non-fiction books like ‘Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly’ and ‘A Cook's Tour: In Search of the Perfect Meal’.
Rumours and Controversy
- Unlike others, he hasn’t been in rumours but he suffered a controversy for kissing Asia Argento who looked like his ex-wife Ottavia.
- The news is that he killed himself by hanging but the reason for his death is still a controversy.
Death Cause of Anthony Bourdain
Anthony was found dead in Kaysersberg Vignoble luxury hotel room on 8th June 2018. His friend Eric Ripert found him dead in the room. According to the public prosecutor, Bourdain committed suicide by hanging himself.
Just three hours before his death, his girlfriend Asia uploaded an Instagram story printed with the words: ‘FUCK EVERYONE.’ Moreover, she also captioned: You Know Who You Are.
When the news of Anthony’s death swirl throughout the world, she deleted her Insta story. Well, we cannot confirm the death caused to be the couple’s quarrel, but something must have happened. We will be updating his death cause shortly! So, stay tuned with us.
Early Life of Anthony Bourdain
The son of Pierre Bourdain and Gladys Bourdain, Anthony was born in New York City and grew up in Leonia, New Jersey as Anthony Michael Bourdain. He had American nationality and has a mixed ethnicity of French, Spanish, and Ashkenazi Jewish. His zodiac sign was Cancer.
His parents Pierre Bourdain worked a classical music industry executive for Columbia Records and Gladys Bourdain worked as a staff editor for The New York Times. Pierre Bourdain passed away in the year 1987. He has a brother named Christopher Bourdain.
Talking about his education, He studied at the Dwight-Englewood School and attended Vassar College. He dropped out of college and graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 1978.
Career and Achievements of Anthony Bourdain
- He worked at various restaurants like Supper Club, One-Fifth Avenue and Sullivan’s in New York for years before finally getting the position of executive chef at Brasserie Les Halles in 1998.
- He published his first book, ‘Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly’ in 2000. He revealed the details of the inner working conditions of kitchens in restaurants in this book which became a bestseller.
- The success of his book led to an offer to host a travel and food show on the Food Network. In ‘A Cook’s Tour’, he visited exotic locations worldwide and tried out the local foods. The show ran for two seasons in 2001 and 2002.
- He published ‘A Cook’s Tour: Global Adventures in Extreme Cuisines’ in 2001 in which he wrote about his travels to different places and his experiments with exotic cuisines.
- The Bon Appetit magazine named him the Food Writer of the Year in 2001 for ‘Kitchen Confidential’.
- In 2005, he hosted another travel and food show, ‘Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations’ on the Travel Channel. It had a format similar to ‘A Cook’s Tour’ in which Anthony visits countries all over the world and samples local cuisine.
- His book ‘The Nasty Bits: Collected Varietal Cuts, Usable Trim, Scraps, and Bones’ was brought out in 2006. It is a collection of 37 humorous essays and anecdotes centered on food, plus a short fictional piece.
- Published in 2007, ‘No Reservations: Around the World on an Empty Stomach’ was written as a companion to the television show of the same name and contains material from the past seasons of the show.
- His show ‘Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations’ won the Creative Arts Emmy Award for Outstanding Cinematography for Nonfiction Programming in 2009 and 2011.
- His most recent book, ‘Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook’ was published in 2010. It was meant to be the follow-up to his debut book, ‘Kitchen Confidential’.
- Travel Channel show ‘The Layover’, hosted by him, premiered in 2011. The show highlights what a traveller to a particular city can visit, eat and enjoy within a day or two.
- His latest show was ‘Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown’, a CNN show which was first aired in April 2013. In the show, Anthony travels to lesser known places around the world.
- He judged several seasons on the cookery competition reality show ‘Top Chef’ as a guest judge. He served as one of the main judges on the ‘Top Chef All-Stars’.
- He also wrote essays and articles for various newspapers and magazines like The New York Times, Gourmet, Maxim and Town & Country.
- A much sought after the host of food and travel shows, his shows ‘A Cook's Tour’, ‘Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations’, and ‘Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown’ were considered his major achievements.
Net Worth of Anthony Bourdain
Although it’s hard to put up an actual annual salary in a figure, according to some online sources, he increased his per year salary up to $1 million. Before his death, his net worth was estimated to be $ 16 million. There is no doubt that he lived a luxurious lifestyle before his death.
Personal Life of Anthony Bourdain
Reflecting on the personal life of Anthony Bourdain, he was possibly single. Although his career took on a successful path his love life couldn’t do so. He had been married twice in his lifetime. Firstly, he was married to Nancy Putkoski in 1985 and live together for two decades before divorcing in 2005. There isn’t any record of a child born from his first married relationship.
Then he married Ottavia Busia on 20 April 2007 and she has appeared in the several episodes of No Reservations. They have been blessed with one child, Ariane born in 2007. This relationship of Bourdain couldn’t get successful and eventually separated in 2016. After the divorce, he made a statement that being away from his child and wife for more than half of a year was straining. After two unsuccessful marriages, he hooked up with Asia Argento in 2017.
Body Measurements of Anthony Bourdain
Before death, Anthony was decently tall with a height of 6 feet 4 inches and weighs 125 lbs. His skin was white toned, with white hair. Nothing much about his body features were disclosed.
Trivias About Anthony Bourdain You Need To Know.
- He was nominated for the 2018 New Jersey Hall of Fame in the Arts and Letters category.
- First discovered dead from suicide in his hotel room in France by a celebrity French chef and close friend Eric Ripert (June 8, 2018).
- He was noted as one of the most influential chefs in the world.
- His first job in the restaurant industry was as a dishwasher.