Cam Newton - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Wife, Girlfriend, Kia Proctor, Child, Carolina, NFL, Injury, Stats, Draft, Contract, Salary, Height, Parents
Cameron Jerrell Newton famed as Cam Newton is an American football quarterback for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL). Previously, he played college football at Auburn. Later, he was drafted as the first overall pick by the Panthers in the 2011 NFL Draft. In 2015, Newton became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for at least 30 touchdowns and rush for 10 in the same season (35 passing, 10 rushings). Overall, he is a very talented footballer.
After being released by the Panthers at the end of the 2019 season, he became a free agent. He then signed with the New England Patriots. He played for the Patriots in the 2020 season before being released in August 2021. Newton ultimately returned to his first team, Carolina Panthers. He signed a one-year deal with the Panthers in March 2021.
Panthers' Cam Newton remains in a walking boot, gets treatment
Panthers coach Ron Rivera says he expects injured quarterback Cam Newton to return to practice "pretty soon," without giving a timetable. Rivera remains "cautiously optimistic" that Newton, who remains in a walking boot, will be ready for the Sept. 8 regular-season opener against the Los Angeles Rams. Newton sustained a left mid-foot sprain in Carolina's 10-3 loss to New England on Thursday night. Rivera expressed relief the injury wasn't worse, saying "very much so-he's our starting quarterback." Newton was inside the stadium receiving medical treatment while the team practiced on Saturday. Rivera says trainers want Newton to stay off the foot and keep it elevated as much as possible. Newton hasn't spoken to the media since the injury.
Early Life of Cam Newton
Newton was born on 11th May 1989 in Atlanta, Georgia as the son of Jackie and Cecil Newton Sr. His younger brother of Cecil Newton, Jr., a center who most recently played for the Baltimore Ravens. He became interested in the world of football since his childhood years. He is of American nationality. He belongs to an African-American ethnic background. He attended Westlake High School, Auburn University, University of Florida, and Blinn College. At the University of Florida, he was a member of the Florida Gators football team in 2007 and 2008. He played in five games, passing for 40 yards on 5-of-10 and rushing 16 times for 103 yards and three touchdowns. In Blinn college, he led his team to the 2009 NJCAA National Football Championship. Similarly, at Auburn University, he led Auburn to a 52-3 victory over Louisiana-Monroe on October 2, 2010. He celebrated his 30th birthday as of 2019.
Body Measurements of Cam Newton
Newton has a height of 1.96m. Additionally, he weighs 111 kg. Furthermore, his hair color and eye color is black. His other body measurements will be added soon. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Career of Cam Newton
- Cam Newton signed a four-year contract, worth over $22 million with the Carolina Panthers on 29th July 2011.
- In the years since he has become one of the league’s stars.
- In the year 2015, he amassed 35 touchdowns against just 10 interceptions and rushed for another 10 scores, a performance that netted him the NFL MVP award.
- He suffered a concussion in October during the 2016 season.
- He seemingly nursed a grudge against the press for several weeks afterward.
- In mid-October, he failed to show up for the team’s weekly Q&A with reporters.
- He then returned the following week but suddenly exited after brushing off a question.
- In his 2017 season, he had surgery to repair a partially torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder.
- During Monday Night Football against the Miami Dolphins in Week 10, Newton threw for 254 yards and rushed for 95 yards with 4 total touchdowns.
- He received Best NFL Player ESPY Award in 2016.
- He won the All-Iron Award in 2015.
- He has also won the 9× NFC Offensive Player of the Week.
- He won the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month in September 2011.
- On January 24, 2019, Newton officially underwent right shoulder surgery.
- In a poll orchestrated by writers from The Athletic, Newton was voted the most underrated quarterback in the league by 85 defensive players from 25 teams.
- He was ranked 87th by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2019.
- On January 29, 2019, Newton announced plans for his first business venture, Fellaship.
- The Panthers gave permission to Newton to seek a trade in March 2020.
- Having failed to find a trade deal, he was released by the Panthers.
- After being a free agent for three months, he signed a one-year contract with the New England Patriots in July 2020.
- He signed a one-year contract that included a base salary of $1.05 million including incentives and playing time bonuses.
- He passed for 2,657 yards, 8 touchdowns, and 10 interceptions with 137 carries for 592 rushing yards and 12 rushing touchdowns in the 2020 season.
- He signed another one-year deal with the Patriots in March 2021.
- However, he was cut from the final roster in August 2021.
- He ultimately returned to the Panthers in November 2021 after he signed a one-year deal worth up to $10 million that included a $4.5 million fully guaranteed and a $1.5 million roster bonus.
Net Worth of Newton
Newton is a very successful person in his career and he has an average salary of $20,760,000. He has an estimated net worth of around $6 Million as of 2019. He is living a happy life with his earnings.
Marital Status, Girlfriend, Child
Cam Newton is in a relationship with model La Reina Shaw. He shares a son with his girlfriend, Reina Shaw. He also takes care of Reina Shaw's son from her previous relationship. He was secretly having an affair with Reina Shaw while he was in a relationship with Kia Proctor, with whom he shares four children. He was having a secret affair with Shaw before his fourth child with Proctor was born. He has seven children altogether: Chosen, Camidas, Caesar, Cashmere, Sovereign-Dior, Shakira (From Kia Proctor's previous relationship), and Jaden (from La Reina's previous relationship).