Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 06:16 pm
Facts About Chris Smith
|31 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Will Add Soon
|West Rowan High School
|College / University
|6 feet 1 inches
|Will Add Soon
|1; Haven Harris Smith
|Will Add Soon
An American football defensive end for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL) is named for Chris Smith who was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He has played for the Cincinnati Bengals and for college football at Arkansas. Overall, he is a very talented footballer.
Cleveland Browns star's girlfriend dies in a car accident weeks after giving birth
The girlfriend of Cleveland Browns defensive end Chris Smith was killed Wednesday morning in a car accident, the NFL team said in a statement. Petara Cordero was in Smith's 2019 Lamborghini when the couple pulled over to the side of I-90 West in Cleveland around 2 a.m. after a tire blew. The car veered left and hit the median. Without significant injuries, Cordero got out of the car. Shortly after, a woman in a 2017 Mazda 3 hit the passenger's side of Smith's car and Cordero, who was standing on the shoulder, Cleveland police said. Police and paramedics arrived on the scene shortly after. Cordero, 26, was taken to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The incident is under investigation, and no charges have been filed as of this time.
Early Life of Chris
On 11th February 1992, Chris Smith was born in Salisbury, North Carolina, the USA. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is white. He attended West Rowan High School and later attended Arkansas College for further study. As of 2019, he celebrated his 27th birthday with his friends and families. His religion is Christian. Information regarding his parents, siblings, and more will be added soon.
Body Measurements of Chris
Chris Smith is a very handsome footballer with a charming smile on his lips attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a tall height of 6 feet 1 inches with the balanced bodyweight of 266 lbs. His other body measurement has not been revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a well-maintained body.
Career of Chris
- Chris had 98 tackles and 16.5 sacks as a senior.
- He played in six games, recording three tackles as a true freshman in 2010.
- He played in 13 games with three starts as a sophomore in 2011.
- He had 31 tackles and 3.5 sacks.
- He started all 12 games, recording 52 tackles and 9.5 sacks as a junior in 2012.
- He had 37 tackles and 8.5 sacks in 12 games in 2013.
- He was a second-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection.
- He was selected 159th overall in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- was selected 159th overall in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- He was released by the Jaguars on 13th September 2014.
- Two days later, he was then signed to their practice squad, he was promoted to the active roster on October 20.
- The Jaguars traded Smith to the Cincinnati Bengals in exchange for a 2018 conditional draft pick on 11th April 2017.
- He was brought in to help a Bengals defense that finished 19th in the league in sacks the previous season.
- He played in all 16 games, recording a career-high 26 tackles and three sacks.
- He then signed a three-year contract with the Cleveland Browns on 14th March 2018.
- He played in 16 games with two starts, recording 21 combined tackles, one sack, two passes defended, and a forced fumble.
Marital Status, Dating, Girlfriend
Chris Smith is not married yet and he is still to get married. He was dating his girlfriend, Petara Cordero. The couple is also blessed with a daughter named Haven Harris Smith (born 27th August). She was killed after being struck by a passing car after exiting Smith's car, which had become disabled after hitting a median. His sexual orientation is straight.
Petara Cordero Death & Cause (Car Accident)
Cordero was killed on the morning of September 11th, 2019 at around 2:00 a.m. Her death was as a result of a car accident. The accident happened when Smith’s 2019 Lamborghini blew a tire and crashed into a median wall, the Cleveland Police Department said. The crash happened along the West 140th Street exit along Interstate 90. As Cordero and Smith got out of the car, a woman in a Mazda hit the passenger’s side of Smith’s car, hitting Cordero. She was rushed to Fairview Hospital where she was pronounced dead. According to Fox Cleveland reports, the woman driving the Mazda told police that she had been drinking. Police have said that Smith was not impaired nor has he been charged with any crime in relation to the crash. Cleveland.com reports that the woman’s blood-alcohol has been measured at 0.08 percent.
Net Worth of Chris Smith
Cleveland Browns DE Chris Smith has career earnings of $7.32M over five seasons, which ranks among active NFL players entering 2019. He earned $2.67M in 2018, which ranked 52nd among DEs and 526th overall in the NFL. He ranks 13th on the Browns active roster with a $4.42M cap hit for 2019. He ranked 16th in 2018 at $2.67M. His 2019 cap hit is 1.8 percent of the Browns' cap total for the season. Smith passed for 0.7 snap% last season. The average for DEs who played 50% or more of their team's defensive snaps in 2018 was 1.1 percent of the team's total cap hit. His cap hit for 2020 of $4.92M overall in the NFL, including any and all roster and signing bonuses.