Chris Stokes - Bio, Movies, Net Worth, Affair, Wife, Age, Facts, Wiki, Parents, Family, Birthday, Comedian, Artists, Abuse, Millennium Tour, Famous
Entrepreneur Christopher B. Stokes has made a name for himself in the music industry with the discovery of such stars as Brandy, Immature, B2K, Jhene Aiko, Sevyn Streeter, Mila J, Kevin McHale (Glee), Omarion & Marques Houston. A Los Angeles native, Stokes has been immersed in the music business since the age of seventeen. To know about Chris Stokes, scroll down!
What is Chris Stokes Famous For?
- An American successful music producer, film director, film producer, and entrepreneur.
- His ingenuity behind chart-topping success stories such as multi-platinum selling groups "B2K" and "Immature" and solo artists "Omarion" (former lead singer of "B2K") and Marques "MH" Houston (former lead singer of "Immature"/"IMX"), Stokes continues his meteoric rise in the music.
Early Life of Chris Stoke
Chris Stokes was born as Christopher B. Stokes in Los Angeles, California, United States. He is American by nationality and belongs to the Afro-American ethnic group.
He was a son of Irene Stokes who is also known as “Mama Stokes”. She was also an actress and comedian. His younger sister Juanita Stokes also known as Need S. and formerly as Smooth also belongs to the entertainment industry as he is a rapper i.e. singer.
Besides this, his other details such as education background, childhood, family, etc. were not disclosed yet.
Chris Stokes' Career and Struggles
- Stokes began his career in music at the young age of 12, singing in different groups and talent shows. His mother gave Stokes his early interest in the entertainment industry.
- As his career furthered, Stokes went on to discover the 90's Boy Group sensation Immature. While working with Immature, Stokes was introduced to a singer, rapper and dancer Mila J. Later signed by Stokes, Mila J, and her two group members landed a deal with the MCA label in 1995 under the name Gyrl.
- Gyrl disbanded and Mila J went on to be in another Stokes created girl group called Dame Four. In 2006, Mila J was signed as a solo act at Motown under the direction of music mogul Sylvia Rhone to work on what was set to be her first solo album, Split Personality. However, due to creative differences, the album was not released.
In late 2012, Mila J went into the studio and put out a mixtape of 5 songs. The mixtape exploded obtaining over 600,000 downloads, causing a stir within industry insiders who then took note.
- Stokes discovered Kevin back in 2001 at the age of 13. Stokes helped mold him into a solid performer and put him into the boy band NLT, which led to Kevin's major role as Artie Abrams on the hit Fox television show Glee. Involved in every step of the creative process with his artists, Stokes is an accomplished songwriter as well. He has contributed to tracks for superstar groups Destiny's Child, B2K, BBD, and Immature, and has also written and produced for Bobby Brown, Omarion, and Marques Houston.
- Without a doubt, one of the most influential players in R&B music, Stokes' creative ventures extend well beyond his music roots. In 2003, Stokes made his feature writing/directing debut with the super successful "You Got Served". That film surprised Hollywood, opening at #1 and continuing to dominate even in its 2nd weekend. "You Got Served" went on to gross more than $150 million worldwide in box office and DVD combined. The dance film and its success ignited a spark throughout the dance community and gave a breath of life to the dance culture in the industry and worldwide. Stokes has also directed more than 150 music videos for artists on his label as well as artists from other labels.
- Stokes ventured into the Clothing industry for a bit with Christopher Brian, a high-end apparel line. Stokes gave mega reality TV star Kim Kardashian her first multi-million dollar modeling job as the spokesmodel for Christopher Brian Apparel. E! did a news special on Chris Stokes and his clothing line featuring very racy, sexy but tasteful pictures of a topless Kim wearing just the CB jeans.
- Chris Stokes has been the creative director for the line since its inception, and it represents his vision of luxurious, beautiful clothes for men and women. Deemed "the brand for the million-dollar man," the collection was a huge success at the MAGIC trade show in Las Vegas in 2007. Hundreds of celebrities packed Body English at the Hard Rock Hotel to launch the line, which featured a special performance from super producer Timbaland. A year after starting, Stokes inked a lucrative deal to sell the popular line.
In 2007 Stokes directed the horror film "Somebody Help Me" which starred Omarion and Marques Houston. In addition to directing the film, Stokes also wrote the script. The film was released to DVD on November 13, 2007, and made a television premiere on BET on Halloween 2007.
- In 2010, Stokes went back to his experience in the horror genre and wrote and directed the sequel to "Somebody Help Me", "Somebody Help Me 2". The sequel reunited Stokes with Sonny King (Corbin), Omarion (Darryl) and Marques Houston (Brendan) and picks up where the first installment left off. The film made its television premiere on BET on October 29, 2010, and did really well on DVD. The success of the horror genre continued for Stokes with the Grindstone/Lionsgate release of his new film "No Vacancy". Stokes also continued with the Dance genre in 2012 with the hit kids dance battle film "Battlefield America".
- In 2014, Stokes set his eyes on entering into the world of television and is launching his new Film and Television Production Company Footage Films. Since it's inception Stokes' Production Company has produced and released a number of films over several different mediums. The most recent of which come from a three-picture deal Stokes had with media giant Viacom in 2018.
- In 2018, Stokes directed three films. The first film was a suspense/drama titled We Belong Together which starred Draya Michele, Charles Malik Whitfield, and Elise Neal. We Belong Together aired on BET in July 2018. The second film was a political drama titled Running Out Of Time which starred Tasha Smith and RonReaco Lee. Running Out Of Time aired on BET on December 1, 2018. To round out the trifecta, the third film, Fall Girls which starred Amara La Negra and Tammy Roman aired on BET in January 2019. All of Stokes' films can also be found on Netflix and all digital platforms, several of them have trended as "most popular" on the streaming service.
- With 2019 in his sights, Stokes promises to deliver more entertaining content while building the Footage Films brand.
Is Chris Stokes Married or Not?
Reflecting his personal life, his marital state hasn’t still been disclosed to the media thus it is not confirmed that he has any children or even has a wife. But if he is not still yet married there must be someone to matches up to his personality as his girlfriend.
As there has not been any personal information available through the media rumor such as him dating someone of him getting divorced from someone or having an affair is common even if it is just a hoax.
Some other false new about scandals relating to him might also be popular as can be found about other celebrities too. Like there were some rumors of him being gay. His sexual preference and the needed info about his life except his career can rarely be found in some of the sights.
His empire of dreams and ambition still stands tall till today, and with the development of his career, it grows stronger too. His personal detail does not exist in popular wiki sights such as Wikipedia and IDBM.
How much is Chris Stokes worth?
He has the current estimated net worth of $17 million USD. As he has also directed many renowned movies such as House Party, You Got Served and Boogie Town and was also famous for his work with B2K and many other songs and videos.
Chris Stokes' Body Figures
Observing his body statistics, he stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weight is 95 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of black eyes with black hair color. His other body measurements were not disclosed yet. In case od disclosed, we will let you know.