Cory Monteith - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Cause of Death, Death Date, Life Story, Girlfriend, Parents, Family, Brother, Career, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height
Cory Allan Michael Monteith, popularly known as Cory Monteith was a Canadian actor, singer, and musician. He was best known for his role as Finn Hudson on the Fox television series, Glee. Besides Glee, he appeared in several movies and tv shows. However, his addiction to extreme substance abuse led to his death on 13 July 2013. He died at the age of 31 of a toxic combination of heroin and alcohol in a Vancouver hotel room.
What is Cory Monteith Famous For?
- His role as Finn Hudson on Fox TV series, Glee.
Where was Cory Monteith Born?
Cory Monteith was born on 11 May 1982. His birth name was Cory Allan Michael Monteith. His birth place was in Calgary, Alberta, in Canada. He held Canadian nationality. He was born to a father, Joe Monteith, and a mother, Ann McGregor. His mother is an interior decorator whereas his father is a former military who served in the Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry. He had an older brother named Shaun. He belonged to white ethnicity and his zodiac sign was Taurus. His parents divorced when he was 7 years old. His mother then raised him and his brother in Victoria, British Columbia.
Following his parents' divorce, he did not see his father much. His teenage year got troubled by his alcohol and marijuana use and attended 16 schools. He eventually dropped out of school at the age of 16. He had already started getting involved in several petty crimes such as stealing money from friends and family. His mother along with a group of friends staged an intervention when he was 19. Following the intervention, Monteith attended a rehabilitation program. He later completed his high school diploma in 2009. He worked several jobs including Walmart people greeter, mechanic, taxicab driver, roofer, school bus driver. He was also a drummer for a few bands.
Cory Monteith Television Career
- Monteith made his television debut in a guest role in the adventure and military science fiction tv series, Stargate Atlantis in 2004.
- He later guest-appeared in Young Blades, Supernatural, Smallville, Killer Instinct, Whistler, and Stargate SG-1 from 2005 to 2006.
- He then landed the recurring role in the science fiction tv series, Kyle XY in 2006.
- He landed one of the lead roles in the drama series Kaya. However, the series was canceled after its first season.
- He then guest-appeared in series Fear Itself, Mistresses, and The Assistants before landing the lead role in Glee.
- Monteith landed the lead role as Finn Hudson in the Fox series Glee in 2009. Monteith played Finn from season 1 to Season 4 until his death.
- For his work on Glee, he was nominated for several awards and won Teen Choice Award for Choice TV: Actor Comedy in 2011.
Cory Monteith Movie Career
- Cory Monteith made his film debut with the 2005 homoerotic television horror film, Killer Bash.
- He made his feature film debut with the 2006 horror thriller film, Bloody Mary.
- In 2006, he also starred in minor roles in movies, Kraken: Tentacles of the Deep, Deck the Halls, and Final Destination 3.
- In 2007, he appeared in movies, Hybrid, White Noise: The Light, The Invisible, Whisper, and Wannabe Macks.
- He starred in movies, Monte Carlo and Sisters & Brothers in 2011.
- The cast of Glee went on tour in the US, Canada, England, and Ireland in 2010. Their tour was filmed and released as Glee: The 3D Concert Movie in 2011.
- Following his death, Monteith starring two movies, All the Wrong Reasons and McCanick was released posthumously in 2013.
Cory Monteith Awards
- 2009 Screen Actors Guild Award - Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series for Glee.
- 2010 Hollywood Style Award - Male Future Style Icon Award.
- 2011 Teen Choice Award - Choice TV Actor Comedy for Glee.
- 2012 Do Something Award - TV Star: Male for Glee.
Who was Cory Monteith Dating?
Cory Monteith had been dating his Glee co-star Lea Michele. They were cast as love interests on Glee. They reportedly started dating in 2012 and they remained together until his death in 2013. Michele wrote several songs about Montieth.
Cory Monteith Cause of Death
Monteith was at school when he started using alcohol and marijuana. He was only 13 when he started. At 19, his mother staged an intervention and he sought rehabilitation. However, he fell into addiction once again. He had admitted himself into a treatment facility in March 2013. He was intervened by Glee cast and crews. He had completed his treatment in April 2013.
He was later found dead in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in Vancouver on 13 July 2013. He died of drug overdose due to the toxic combination of heroin and alcohol. His body was cremated in Vancouver on 17 July 2013.
Glee paid tribute to Monteith on several of their episodes. Glee co-star Jane Lynch paid him a tribute at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards.
What were Cory Monteith Body Measurements?
Cory Monteith stood at a height of 1.87 m i.e. 6 feet and 3 inches tall. He had a body weight of 187 lbs i.e. 85 kg. He had a slim body build. He had dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. His sexual orientation was straight.
Trivias About Cory Monteith You Need To Know.
- He had guest voice roles The Simpsons (2010) and The Cleveland (2011).
- He guest appeared in the 4th season of MasterChef.
- He narrated the documentary, Teaching the Life of Music in 2011.
- He co-hosted the Teen Choice Awards in 2010.
- He hosted the Gemini Awards in 2010.
- He co-hosted the 23rd GLAAD Media Awards in 2012.