Craig Robinson (Actor) - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Girlfriend, Age, Family, Parents, Nationality, Height, Weight, Education, Facts, Wiki, Career, Books
Craig Phillip Robinson, popularly known as Craig Robinson is an American actor, comedian, musician, and singer. Robinson is best known for his roles as Darryl Philbin on The Office from 2005 to 2013 and Doug Judy on Brooklyn Nine-Nine since 2013. He has appeared in numerous movies and tv shows including his frequent collaboration with Seth Rogen. He has earned numerous awards and nominations for his roles in several movies and tv shows. He also has voice roles in numerous films and tv shows.
He has over 554k followers on Twitter.
What is Craig Robinson Famous For?
- His role as Doug Judy (the "Pontiac Bandit") on Brooklyn Nine-Nine since 2013.
- His role as Darryl Philbin on The Office from 2005 to 2013.
Where is Craig Robinson From?
Craig Robinson was born on 25 October 1971. His birth name is Craig Phillip Robinson. His birth place is in Chicago, Illinois in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He was born to a father, Fraser C. Robinson III, and a mother, Marian Shields Robinson. He belongs to an African-American nationality. His religion is Christianity. He was brought up Methodist. His hometown is in the South Side of Chicago. He has a brother named Chris. His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Whitney M. Young Magnet High School. He later attended Illinois State University, where he received his undergraduate degree. He then obtained his Masters of Education from Saint Xavier University in 1994.
Craig Robinson Career
- Prior to his comedy and acting career, Craig Robinson taught music at Horace Mann Elementary School in Chicago and Benjamin Elementary School in Hammond, Indiana.
- He then began doing stand-up gigs. He also took classes in improv and acting at The Second City in Chicago. He was still in college at the time.
- He did open-mic sessions in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles.
- He won regional comedy competitions in his early career.
- He soon landed spots on late-night TV Shows including Jimmy Kimmel Live.
- He also landed minor guest roles in Friends, The Bernie Mac Show, LAX, and Arrested Development.
- It followed minor roles in films, Knocked Up, Pineapple Express, and Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story.
- He made his major breakthrough in 2005 when he landed the role of Darryl Philbin in the American version of the sitcom, The Office.
- He appeared on The Office from 2005 until the show ended after 10 seasons in 2013.
- He was nominated for NAACP Image Award and Screen Actors Guild Award for his role in The Office.
- He is also known for his appearances on other television series/sitcoms: Lucky, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Mr. Robinson, Mr. Robot, and Ghosted.
- He has minor guest roles in tv series/sitcoms: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Halfway Home, James Gunn's PG Porn, Reno 911!, Eastbound & Down, Love Bites, Kroll Show, Comedy Bang! Bang!, Key & Peele, Dream Corp, LLC, Medical Police, and What We Do in the Shadows among others.
- He had voice roles in The Cleveland Show (2009-13), American Dad! (2016-19), and Big Mouth (2017-18).
- He is known for his frequent collaborations with Seth Rogen. Together, they appeared in films, Knocked Up, Pineapple Express, Zack and Miri Make a Porno, This is the End, and Sausage Party.
- He portrayed saxophonist Maceo Parker in the James Brown biopic Get On Up in 2014.
- He also appeared in numerous films including, Daddy's Little Girls, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, The Frequency of Claire, Miss March, The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard, Post Grand, Hot Tub Time Machine, Peeples, Rapture-Palooza, Hot Tub Time Machine 2, Morris From America, Table 19, Tragedy Girls, Austin Found, An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn, Dolemite Is My Name, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, and Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Mad among others.
- He was nominated for the Teen Choice Award for Choice Movie Actor - Comedy for his work in Peeples.
- He won Sundance Film Festival Dramatic Special Jury Award for Individual Performance for his role in Morris From America. He was also nominated for Gotham Award and Independent Spirit Award for the same role.
- He won MTV Movie Award for Best Musical Moment (shared with Jay Baruchel, Seth Rogen, and The Backstreet Boys) for his work in This is The End in 2013.
- He performed as a musical duo L. Witherspoon & Chucky with Jerry Minor for years. The duo performed acts on several shows including Sketch Pad, Comedy Central, Real Time with Bill Maher, and Jimmy Kimmel Live.
- He also occasionally performs with his band, The Nasty Delicious, alongside his brother Chris Rob.
- His band performed in the 2018 stand-up comedy special, Seth Rogen's Hilarity for Charity.
- He had voice roles in films Shrek Forever After, Escape from Planet Earth, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, Sausage Party, Henchmen, and Dolittle.
- His books are Jake the Fake Keeps it Real (2017), Jake the Fake Goes for Laughs (2018), and Jake the Fake Keeps His Cool (2018).
- He was a mystery Piano Man in the fourth season of The Masked Singer.
Craig Robinson Wife
Craig Robinson maintains a private life. He maintains a low profile regarding his personal life. It is clear that he is not married. He is still unmarried in his late 40s. He might have relationships with beautiful women. More details about his dating history will be updated soon.
Craig Robinson Height
Craig Robinson stands at a height of 1.86 m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inch tall. He has a body weight of 238 lbs i.e 108 kg. He has an average body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is also dark brown. He has an afro hairstyle. He maintains a boxed shaped beard. His sexual orientation is straight.
Craig Robinson Net Worth
Craig Robinson earns from his career in the entertainment industry. Having started his career as a stand-up comedian, he has appeared in numerous movies and tv shows. Besides movies and tv shows, he also has a side-stint in music. He has also appeared in several commercials. He appeared in several Wal-Mart commercials in 2015. He promoted their credit card while singing and playing the piano at the store. He became the spokesman for the Philadelphia-area meat producer Dietz & Watson in 2019. He appeared in several commercials for the company's line of deli meats. Summing up, he made his fortune from the entertainment industry. His net worth is estimated at $6 million at present.
Trivias About Craig Robinson You Need To Know.
- His mother is a music teacher, whereas his father is an attorney.
- He hosted season seven of Last Comic Standing with judges Greg Giraldo, Natasha Leggero, and Andy Kindler in 2010.
- He appeared in the music video for the Red Hot Chili Peppers song "Hump de Bump".
- Robinson performed at the Just for Laughs Comedy Festival in 2008.
- He appeared in what was then the highest-grossing Korean film, D-War (released in North America as Dragon Wars: D-War) in 2007.
- He has appeared in numerous short films.
- He had a cameo appearance in the 2009 film, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.
- He plays the keyboard well.