Last updated on August 14th, 2023 at 12:29 pm
Facts About Daniel Sturridge
|Celebrated Name||Daniel Sturridge|
|Age||33 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Daniel Andre Sturridge|
|Place Of Birth||Birmingham|
|Siblings||Sister named Cherelle and a brother named Leon|
|Famous For||For winning the Premier League trophy with Chelsea during the 2009-2010 season|
|Best Known For||For winning the UEFA Champions League title in 2011-2012 season as a member of Chelsea|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Chest Size||41 in|
|Waist Size||33 in|
|Awards||PFA Players' Player of the Year award|
|Girlfriend||Ex: Jourdan Dunn|
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
An English professional footballer who plays for Premier League club Liverpool and the English national team is famed as Daniel Sturridge. His playing position is a Striker and he plays by wearing shirt number of 15. He has also been used as a winger on occasion. He began his playing career at the age of six at local club Cadbury Athletic. Then he joined Manchester City from the start of 2006-2007 season. He also became the youngest player to win the Champions League, Premier League, and FA Cup, as well as the only player ever to score in the FA Youth Cup, FA Cup and Premier League in the same season playing for Manchester City.
Gossips and Rumors
Injured Liverpool striker spotted celebrating Daniel Sturridge's goal with away fans at Chelsea. Sturridge's brilliant 25-yard effort sent the away end behind the goal into pandemonium. Daniel Sturridge's 89th-minute equalizer sent the traveling supporters into ecstasy as Liverpool snatched a well-deserved point at Stamford Bridge on Saturday evening. Eden Hazard joked with Daniel Sturridge about his goal after Chelsea’s draw with Liverpool. The result means that both sides have kept their unbeaten record in the Premier League intact and look set to challenge Manchester City for the title this season.
- For winning the Premier League trophy with Chelsea during the 2009-2010 season.
- For winning the UEFA Champions League title in the 2011-2012 season as a member of Chelsea.
Early Life of Daniel
29 years, Daniel Sturridge was born on 1st September 1989 with the birth name of Daniel Andre Sturridge. He was born in Birmingham, England. His nationality. He also has two cousins. He comes from a family of footballers as his uncles Dean and Simon Sturridge were successful professional footballers, while his father was signed by Sir Alf Ramsey at Birmingham City. He supported Derby County as long as his uncle Dean played there, following which he became an Arsenal fan. He belongs to black ethnicity. His father name is Michael Sturridge and his mother name is Grace Sturridge. He has a sister named Cherelle and a brother named Leon. His religion is Christian.
Body Features of Daniel
Daniel has got an athletic body being a footballer. He is not the tallest man on the ground but he has a good height of 6 ft 2 in tall. His running speed is very fast which made his good striker. He also has a balanced and healthy body. His weight is of 167 lbs. He maintained his body well and he looks very fit. His eye color is Dark Brown and his hair color is Black. His chest size is 41 in, arms size is 14.5 in and waist size is 33 in.
Career of Daniel
- Daniel started his career at playing football from the age of six at the local club, Cadbury Athletic.
- Later, at the age of seven, he was taken by youth academy of Aston Villa and there he played four years and shifted to Coventry City and later joined Manchester City at the age of thirteen.
- At the age of 16, he played during the 2006 FA Youth Cup and there he scores four goals to the final and another two goals in the final defeating Liverpool with the score of 3-2.
- His 2006-2007 season started with Manchester City making debut against Reading in February 2007 and later he suffered a hip injury in the year 2007.
- On 27th January 2008, he made his first goal against Sheffield United and later with Derb Country.
- Then, he along with his team play for the Youth Team in the FA Youth Cup and made to the final and won the final with his first goal.
- In his 2007-2008 season, he was the only player ever to score in the Youth FA Cup, the FA Cup and the Premier League in the same season.
- On 28th December 2008, he played against Blackburn Rovers. In his 2008-2009 season, he appeared in 26 matches scoring 4 goals.
- After that, he signed with Chelsea on a four-year contract on 3rd July 2009. At that time, he was twenty-four.
- On 18th August 2009, Daniel made his Premier League debut for Chelsea against Sunderland. He scored a hat-trick against Ipswich Town.
- On 25th April 2010, he scored his first league goal for Chelsea in a 7-0 victory over Stroke City.
- He finished the 2009-2010 FA Cup campaign as the leading scorer for Chelsea with four goals.
- He made his full UEFA Champions League debut against Slovakian team MSK Zilina on 15th September 2010 winning with a score of 4-1.
- On 31st January 2011, he agreed to join Bolton Wanderers on a loan deal until the end of the season.
- He received a red card in his final match for Bolton and then he was suspended for the first three competitive matches in the 2011-2012 season for Chelsea.
- He missed all of Chelsea's pre-season matches to begin the 2012-2013 campaign, as he was on duty with Great Britain in the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- Daniel then moved from Chelsea to Liverpool on 2nd January 2013 with a long-term contract with a fee of £12 million and made club debut on 6th January against Mansfield Town and made his first goal after the play of seven minutes.
- He started his 2013-2014 season against Stroke City scoring a goal by him and won the game with the score of 1-0.
- After that, he began his 2014-2015 season against Southampton with the winning score of 2-1 and later he was injured.
- In his 2015-2016 season, he missed his 5 games due to his injury. Later, he appeared in the match against Norwich City on 20th September 2015 and scored two goals against Aston Villa on 26th September.
- He began his 2016-2017 season on 23rd August against Burton Albion in the EFL Cup and scored a brace in the 5-0 win for Liverpool.
- Daniel scored against Arsenal and won with a score of 4-0 on 27th August 2017.
- Daniel then joined West Bromwich Albion on loan for the remainder of the 2017-2018 season on 12th February and later he suffered a hamstring injury.
International career of Daniel
- Daniel has represented his nation, England at U16, U17, U18, U19, U20, and U21 levels.
- He was also named in the England under-21 squad for the 2011 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
- On 2nd July 2012, he was named in Stuart Pearce's 18-man squad for the Great Britain Olympic football team to compete at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- He was named in England's squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup and assigned the number 9 shirt in May 2014.
Award of Daniel
- Sturridge was named as one of the six players on the shortlist for the PFA Players' Player of the Year award and was also nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Year award.
- Sturridge is the youngest player ever to win the Champions League, Premier League, and FA Cup. He is also the only Premier League player who scored on all his debut matches for Manchester City, Chelsea, Bolton, and Liverpool FC.
Affairs of Daniel
Daniel is not married yet and still, he is single. Daniel is living a private life. He has not revealed his information regarding his love life to the media and he has not been known to have dated many women before. Daniel is not gay. Once, in the social media, Twitter, he revealed that he wants a woman who has an inner beauty and who is hardworking. He is still searching for a woman with his kind of quality.
Previously, he once dated the very beautiful model, Jourdan Dunn.
In March 2017, he was seen having a lunch date with a mystery woman at London's Cecconi restaurant.
After that, there is no record of him dating with anyone.
Net Worth of Daniel
Daniel is earning a good amount of money from his career. He is very successful in his private life as well as in his career life. The net worth of Daniel is surely in million. His estimated net worth is $16 Million as of 2018 and he is earning a salary of $4 Million per year. Daniel is a well-known footballer and he uses many fashion brands and accessories for his personal convenience but he is not found promoting any of them.
Social Media Profile
Daniel is highly active on Twitter with many followers following him. Furthermore, he is not so active on Facebook and Instagram.
Trivias About Daniel Sturridge You Need To Know.
- Sturridge was voted Manchester City’s Young Player of the Season by the club’s fans.
- On July 3, 2009, Daniel penned a four-year deal with Chelsea. However, because Sturridge was under 24, there were problems between Chelsea and Manchester City which eventually led to a total fee of 8.3 million British pounds.
- On January 31, 2011, Daniel went on a loan to Bolton Wanderers.
- He represented England at the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Daniel is the nephew of Dean and Simon Sturridge, both ex-professional soccer players.
- In the summer of 2013, Sturridge opened a foundation by the name of Daniel Sturridge. The main goal of the foundation is to help young people get into sports.