Davina McCall Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married, Husband, Boyfriend, Family, Parents, Nationality, Height, Weight, Facts, TV shows, Books, Children, Wiki
Davina McCall is an English television presenter. She is famous for being the presenter of the reality show "Big Brother" on Channel 4 between the year 2000 to 2010 previously. Moreover, she has also hosted Channel 4's "Streetmate" (1998-2001, 2016), "The Million Pound Drop" (2010-2015), "Five Minutes to a Fortune" (2013), and "The Jump" (2014-2017), as well as ITV's "The Biggest Loser" (2011-2012), "Long Lost Family" (2011-present), and "This Time Next Year" (2016-2019). Furthermore, she also presented the Sky One dance competition show "Got to Dance". She has been a judge on the ITV musical competition show "The Masked Singer", and since 2021, she is the judge of a spin-off of the show, The Masked Dancer. Prior to her fame, she started her career as a singer and a model. Later, she stepped on the TV career with a first job presenting for MTV in the year 1992. She has also hosted the BAFTAs, and BBC charity events Comic Relief and Sport Relief. Back in the year 2006, she launched her own chat show named "Davina". The show was canceled later due to poor ratings. Then, she launched another show, "The Davina Hour", on W, in September 2017. She also appeared in "Sam's Game", a sitcom similar to Friends, in 2001 and has also lent her voice to the android Davina McCall in an episode of "Doctor Who", titled Bad Wolf, in 2005.
What is Davina McCall Famous For?
- Being a TV presenter from England.
- For presenting the reality show "Big Brother" from 2000 to 2010.
Where is Davina McCall From?
Davina McCall was born on 16th October 1967. Her place of birth is in Wimbledon, London, England. Her birth name or real name is Davina Lucy Pascale McCall. She was born to a French mother, Florence Hennion, and an English father, Andrew McCall, a graphic designer, and events organizer. Her parents divorced when she was just three years old. Then, she went to live with her paternal grandparents in Surrey. She had a complicated relationship with her mother. Libra is her Zodiac sign and her religion is Christian. She holds British nationality and her ethnic background is mixed as she has English ancestry on her father's side and is of French descent on her mother's side.
About her education, she attended St Catherine's School, Bramley near Guildford, Surrey, and Godolphin, and Latymer Girls School, an independent school in Hammersmith, West London. At the secondary level, she studied for nine O levels and two A levels.
Davina McCall Career Timeline
- Davina McCall began her career as a singer with a band, "Lazy Bear".
- When she was 18, she decided to pursue a professional career as a solo classical artist.
- She then gave up due to the lack of her success and then began working as a booker for "Models 1". She also opened a restaurant and worked as a cabaret performer and dancer for a short period of time.
- Also, she appeared as a dancer in the video for the 1991 Kylie Minogue single "Word Is Out", wearing a striped sweater and beret in a nod to her French ancestry.
- Likewise, she was hired as a presenter on Ray Cokes' "Most Wanted on MTV Europe" in the year 1992. After then, she presented "Hitlist UK".
- Moreover, she went on to host the ITV late-night game show "God's Gift".
- She co-presented the 6 part series "Birthrace 2000" with Lisa Riley in the year 1999. Also, she co-presented four series of "Don't Try This at Home" for ITV. She continued with the channel, presenting series such as Popstars: The Rivals and The Vault (1st series) in 2002, Reborn in the USA in 2003, and Love on a Saturday Night in 2004.
- In 2005, McCall presented "He's Having a Baby". She had previously presented or appeared on various related Comic Relief shows, including The Record Breaker (1999), Naked Red Nose Ground Force in Practice and Say Pants to Poverty (2001), The Big Hair Do (2003) and Comic Relief Does Fame Academy (2005). From early 2006, she fronted her own prime-time chat show, Davina.
- Soon she was hired to present for popular shows such as "Streetmate", "Big Brother", "Celebrity Big Brother", "The Friday Night New Year Project 2007".
- She also became the regular presenter of the live "Big Brother" companion show "Big Brother's Big Mouth" for the tenth and eleventh series. As a finale to the series on Channel 4, McCall also presented the "Ultimate Big Brother" show.
- Then, she announced in April 2011 stating that she would not be returning as host.
- She began hosting "The Biggest Loser" and "Long Lost Family" in 2011.
- In 2013, McCall presented "Stepping Out" which was seen as a rival to BBC One's "Strictly Come Dancing".
- Later, she began presenting a new game show, "The Million Pound Drop". It's final episode aired on 20 March 2015, with the primetime series axed in 2016.
- Then, it was later announced that the format would return as a daytime series under the name "The £100K Drop".
- In the year 2015, she presented "One Hundred and Eighty", a darts-based game show for Sky1.
- She co-hosted charity telethon "Stand Up to Cancer" from the year 2012 to 2016 alongside Alan Carr, Adam Hills, and Christian Jessen.
- She also hosted a companion series "Stars at Your Service" alongside Alan Carr.
- She presented a four-part factual series for ITV called "Davina McCall: Life at the Extreme" in the year 2016.
- She then presented one series of "Five Minutes to a Fortune" in April 2013 and also she presented the reality competition "The Jump" from January 2014 to March 2017.
- She guest presented three episodes of "This Morning" alongside Phillip Schofield.
- She presented "Make My Body Better" on Channel 4. She presented her own show on the W channel from September 2017, called "The Davina Hour".
- She guest presented five episodes of "The Nightly Show" in March 2017.
- After a year, she became the host of "A&E Live".
- On 9th September 2019, she was announced as a judge for "The Masked Singer", the UK version of the international music game show "Masked Singer".
- On 4th March 2021, it was announced by ITV that McCall would be appearing as a judge on the brand new spin-off show of "The Masked Singer UK", "The Masked Dancer UK", which is set to air in spring 2021.
Davina McCall Books List
- Davina's 5 Weeks to Sugar Free (released 8 January 2015)
- Davina's Smart Carbs (released 31 December 2015)
- Lessons I've Learned (released 22 September 2016)
- Davina's Sugar-Free in a Hurry (released 29 December 2016)
Who is Davina McCall married to?
Davina McCall was a married woman previously. Since May 2019, she was in a relationship with Michael Douglas, a hairdresser by profession. The duo is enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. They are planning to get married soon. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Previously, Davina McCall dated Enrco Silverstrin, Eric Clapton, and Stan Collymore. In September 1997, she married her ex-husband, Andrew Leggett. Later, in 1999, their divorce was finalized. After that, she married Matthew Robertson, the presenter of Pet Rescue on 29th June 2000. They are also blessed with three beautiful children namely Holly & Tilly and Chester. However, their marriage was officially over by November 2017.
Davina McCall undertook a BT Sport Relief challenge called 'Davina - Beyond Breaking Point', seven days of either running, swimming or cycling across the UK to raise money for the UK charity Sport Relief in February 2014. During the live telethon, it was announced that McCall had raised over £2.2 million for Sport Relief 2014.
How much is Davina McCall Net Worth?
Davina McCall is a successful TV Presenter whose net worth is estimated to have $4 Million (around £2.83 million) as of 2021. She owns the property said to be worth in excess of £8m, with a Georgian mansion worth £4.3m, a £1.5m St Tropez villa, and a £1m Surrey manor in her portfolio. In addition, she has released several fitness DVDs and has been the face of cosmetics brand Garnier for many years. Whereas her exact salary details are unavailable at a moment but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a considerable amount of money from her career work. At present, she is satisfied with her earnings and she is living a lavish lifestyle. She has also been a brand ambassador for Garnier in the U.K.
How tall is Davina McCall and how much does she weigh?
Davina McCall is a charming and beautiful woman who stands at a perfect height of 5 feet 7 inches or 1.70 m. She has a balanced weight of 58 kg. Her body measurement is 34-25-36. Her hair color is black and her eye color is dark brown. She has a toned physique and also she has inked a multiple tattoos on her body as well. Back then, she suffered from drug addiction at the start of her career. Overall, she has got a healthy body and she is also maintaining her body a lot.
Davina was supposed to travel to France in 2020, but her vacation was canceled owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. Davina thus posted a modeling session from her bedroom, posing in her bikini look, to compensate for the loss. She shared a photo of her lounging by a pool in a blue and white striped bikini, flashing a beaming smile while shielding her eyes with sunglasses. Posting the picture onto Instagram, she captioned the snap "hard at work" with two laughing emojis alongside it. Hours after her bikini pic, she also shared a snap of her getting her hair done by boyfriend Michael Douglas.
Did You Know?
- Davina McCall is best-known for being the presenter of the reality show "Big Brother" on Channel 4 between the year 2000 to 2010.
- She launched the show, "The Davina Hour", on W, in September 2017.
- She also appeared in "Sam's Game", a sitcom similar to Friends, in 2001.
- She lent her voice to the android Davina McCall in an episode of "Doctor Who", titled Bad Wolf, in 2005.
- She was born to French mother, Florence Hennion and an English father, Andrew McCall, a graphic designer and events organiser.
- Her parents divorced when she was just three years old.
- Libra is her Zodiac sign.