Elon Musk Bio, Net Worth, Age, Wife, Family, Nationality, Height
Elon Musk is a Canadian-South African business magnate, investor, engineer, and media proprietor. Moreover, he is the founder, CEO, and Chief Engineer at SpaceX; early-stage investor, CEO, and Product Architect of Tesla, Inc.; founder of The Boring Company; and co-founder of Neuralink and OpenAI. Today, Musk is the wealthiest person in the world according to both the Bloomberg Billionaires Index and the Forbes real-time billionaires list with a net worth of around US$273 billion as of April 2022. On the 25th of April 2022, Elon Musk bought Twitter for a whopping $44 billion dollars.
Why Elon Musk is famous?
- Being the Founder, CEO, and lead designer of SpaceX.
- Being the co-founder, CEO, and product architect for Tesla and co-founder of Neuralink.
- Being a co-founder of Paypal.
Elon Musk Childhood and Family
Elon Musk was born on 28th June 1971 in Pretoria, South Africa. He is the son of Maye Musk and Errol Musk. He has two siblings name Kimbal is the younger brother who was born in 1972 and Tosca is the younger sister who was also born in 1974. He has Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry because his grandmother is British. His grandfather is an American from Minnesota. In 1980 his parents divorced and he lives with his father in the suburbs of Pretoria. He attended Waterkloof house preparatory school, and Bryanston high school and before graduating from Pretoria boys high school. In June 1989 before his 18thbirthday he moved to Canada.
About his religion, he does not believe in God, but in destiny. He neither prays nor worships any being. He holds South-African nationality and his ethnicity is mixed as he has English, French Huguenot, Afrikaner/Dutch, Scottish, and German/Swiss-German ancestry. Cancer is his zodiac sign as per his birth date.
Regarding his education, Elon studied at private schools and attended Waterkloof House Preparatory School while he was in South Africa. He completed his high school education at Pretoria Boys High School. After that, he moved to Canada after obtaining Canadian citizenship through his Canadian-born mother. In Canada, Elon joined Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, for undergraduate study in June 1989. Next, he took a transfer in 1992, to the University of Pennsylvania. In May 1997, he graduated with 2 Bachelor’s degrees: a Bachelor of Science degree in physics from its College of Arts and Sciences, and a Bachelor of Science degree in economics from its Wharton School of Business. In 1995, he moved to California and decided to pursue a Ph.D. in applied physics and material science at Stanford University. After two days, he left the course to start his own company in the field of the internet, renewable energy, and outer space.
Elon Musk Career Timeline
- Elon and his brother Kimbal started Zip2 which is a web software company in 1995.
- He co-founded X.com which is an online financial services and email payment company in 1999. One year later the company merged with Confinity but was named PayPal in 2001. In July 2017 he purchased the domain X.com from PayPal.
- He conceptualized ‘Mars Oasis’ a project to landed in the experimental greenhouse on mars in 2001. He founded Space Exploration Technologies or SpaceX in May 2002. He is the CEO and CTO of Hawthorne California-based company. In 2006, NASA awarded SpaceX to continue the development and test of the SpaceX Falcon 9 launch vehicle.
- He is the CEO of Tesla Motors. He has contributed to making the model, building, and selling electric vehicle powertrain components so that automakers can produce electric vehicles at affordable prices.
- For SolarCity, he provided an initial concept and financial capital. SolarCity is a fully owned subsidiary of Tesla in 2016. He also committed to building a SolarCity advanced production facility in Buffalo, New York which would triple the size of the largest solar plant in the United States.
- He made a concept of a high-speed transportation system that reduces pressure tubes by linear induction motors and air compressors. He announced the design competition for students to build Hyperloop pods to operate in SpaceX – sponsored 2015-2017 Hyperloop pod competition.
- He announced the creation of OpenAI which was not profiting artificial intelligence research company. In 2018 he left the company to avoid the conflict in the role of CEO of Tesla.
- He co-founded Neuralink which is a neurotechnology startup company in 2016.
- He tweeted that he is going to build the tunnel boring machine while he was stuck in traffic on 17 December 2016. The company was named ‘The Boring Company’. In February 2017 the company started to dig.
- He announced a new comedic media venture named ‘Thud’ in 2018.
- He created a website where users could rate the truthfulness of a specific article and named it ‘Pravda.com’. He bought the site on 25 May 2018.
- He provided assistance to rescuers during the Tham Luang cave rescue by ordering his employees to build a ‘Kid-size submarine’.
- In 2022, he was sued by Tesla shareholders over the tweet. Musk maintains that the joke was "worth it". In 2020, a tweet by Musk stating that "Tesla stock price is too high" reduced the company's value by $14 billion.
- He tweeted as early as 2017 expressing interest in buying the platform (Twitter). On 31st January 2022, he began steadily buying significant quantities of shares in the company, reaching a 5% stake in the company on March 14, 2022.
- He reached a total of 73,115,038 shares on April 1, 9.13% of Twitter's overall shares, valued at the time at $2.64 billion, making him the largest shareholder in the company. He is alleged to have neglected to notify the SEC within 10 days of when his stake in the company surpassed 5%, a violation of US securities laws. When he publicly disclosed his investment in a Securities and Exchange Commission 13G filing on April 4, 2022, Twitter shares experienced the largest intraday surge since its IPO in 2013 as a flurry of trading activity resulted in the share price increasing by as much as 27%. The revelation that Musk had acquired a significant stake in Twitter followed Musk's tweets on March 25 and 26 in which he questioned Twitter's commitment to freedom of speech and said that he was considering developing a rival social media site, although the comments were made after he had already acquired 7.5% of the company.
- He also condemned the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine and announced measures to support Ukraine's defense, such as providing the country with free Starlink access, for which Ukrainian president Zelenskyy personally thanked Musk while announcing further talks between the two.
- In 2022, Musk was elected as a member of the National Academy of Engineering "[f]or breakthroughs in design, engineering, manufacturing, and operation of reusable launch vehicles and sustainable transportation and energy systems."
- He agreed to purchase the major American social networking service Twitter in 2022 for $44 billion.
- On April 25, it was reported that Twitter was prepared to accept Musk's offer. Later that same day, Elon Musk successfully concluded his bid to buy Twitter and bring the company private for approximately $44 billion. In a statement, Musk said: Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated, I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans. Twitter has tremendous potential-I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.
Who is Elon Musk Wife?
Elon Musk's first wife is Justine Wilson who is a Canadian author. They married in 2000 and ended in 2008. Their first son named Nevada Alexander Musk died at 10 weeks due to sudden infant death syndrome. Later they had five sons due to Vitro fertilization by which they got twins (Xavier and Griffin) in 2004 and triplet (Kai, Saxon, and Damian) in 2006. After separation, they shared custody of five sons. Then, he began dating Talulah Riley. They married in 2010. But they separated in 2012. Then again they remarried in 2013. And again in 2016, they got divorced. In 2016 he dated Amber Heard but in 2017 they got separated.
Musk then started dating Grimes in 2018. Grime is a popular Canadian musician. Grimes gave birth to their son in May 2020. According to Musk and Grimes, his name was "X Æ A-12"; however, the name would have violated California regulations as it contained characters that are not in the modern English alphabet, and was then changed to "X Æ A-Xii". This drew more confusion, as Æ is not a letter in the modern English alphabet. The child was eventually named "X AE A-XII" Musk, with "X" as a first name, "AE A-XII" as a middle name, and "Musk" as a surname. Musk confirmed reports that the couple is "semi-separate" in September 2021; in an interview with Time in December 2021, he said he was single. In March 2022, Grimes said of her relationship with Musk: "I would probably refer to him as my boyfriend, but we're very fluid." She further revealed that their first daughter, Exa Dark Sideræl Musk, nicknamed Y, was born in December 2021 via surrogate. Later that month, Grimes tweeted that she and Musk had broken up again "but he's my best friend and the love of my life."
In February 2022, Elon started dating Australian actress, Natasha Bassett (aged 27, at that time). They were already friends. Even some days ago, she was seen leaving Musk’s private jet in Los Angeles.
His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How rich is Elon Musk Today?
Today, Elon Musk is the richest and wealthiest person in the world. His present net worth is calculated to have $264.6 Billion as of 2022 surpassing Jeff Bezos.
Elon Musk is an entrepreneur, Investor, Engineer, and Businessman. He is the chief executive of Tesla, the world's most valuable carmaker. Besides this, he is the CEO Of SpaceX, founder of THE BORING COMPANY, Co-founder of Neuralink, and co-founder of OpenAI and PayPal. He became a multimillionaire at the age of 20s when he sold his startup company Zip2 to Compaq. SpaceX, Musk's rocket company, is valued at $74 billion after a funding round in February 2021. He owns 21% of Tesla but has pledged more than half his stake as collateral for loans. About half of his shares were pledged as collateral to secure personal indebtedness, according to the company's 2021 proxy statement. The maximum loan allowable under this arrangement could be no more than 25% of the value of those shares, according to the filing. Musk said in December 2019 that some of his SpaceX shares were also pledged, without providing further details. A liability of $20.2 billion is included in the analysis to reflect calculated pledges of Tesla and SpaceX shares. This liability was recalculated in December 2021, resulting in a $9.6 billion decrease in his net worth.
His car collection is quite large comprising modern and aesthetic cars from popular brands. He first owned a 1978 BMW 320i, which he had for two years. Then he bought a 1967 E-Type Jaguar, McLaren F1, and auctioned the Lotus Esprit car from James Bond's "The Spy Who Loved Me" for $997,000 which he plans to convert into a submarine. Musk also owns an Audi Q7, a Porsche 911, and a Hamann BMW M5 sports car. Moreover, he is also the proud owner of a Gulfstream G650 ER private jet which was built in 2015 and delivered to Musk in 2016. He also previously owned an Aero L-39, a Czech-made jet trainer aircraft. He also has a 1994 model Dassault Falcon 900 aircraft in his garage. Besides this, he also owns several real estate properties across the US. He owns five luxury houses in Los Angeles’ Bel-Air neighborhood. Musk has approximately spent around $75 million Us dollars on these mansions. Recently, he purchased a $24.5 million worth lucratively designed mansion in the Bel-Air neighborhood. He purchased a 20,248-square-foot mansion in the same area for $17 million US dollars, which has 7 bedrooms, 7 full and 4 half bathrooms, a tennis course, and a swimming pool in the backyard in the year 2012. After a year, he spent $6.75 million US dollars for a ranch home located across the street from the mansion. He bought a luxurious estate for $20 million which is located around the same area in 2015.
Recently, Twitter's board agreed to sell the company to Musk for $44 billion on April 25, 2022, after he disclosed a 9.1% stake and threatened a hostile takeover.
Elon Musk made $175.8 million when PayPal was sold to eBay in 2002. He was first listed on the Forbes Billionaires List in 2012, with a net worth of $2 billion. In early 2020, he had a net worth of $27 billion. By the year's end, his net worth had increased by $150 billion, largely driven by his ownership of around 20% of Tesla stock. During this, his net worth was often volatile. In November 2020, he passed Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg to become the third-richest person in the world; a week later he passed Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates to become the second-richest. In January 2021, Musk, with a net worth of $185 billion, surpassed Amazon founder Jeff Bezos to become the richest person in the world. On 27th September 2021, Forbes announced that Musk had a net worth of over $200 billion, and was the richest person in the world after Tesla stock surged. In November 2021, he became the first person with a net worth of over $300 billion. Around three-quarters of his wealth derives from Tesla. He did not receive a salary from Tesla; he agreed in 2018 to a compensation plan with the board that ties his personal earnings to Tesla's valuation and revenue. The deal stipulated that Musk only receives compensation if Tesla reaches certain market values. It was the largest such deal ever done between a CEO and board. He paid $455 million in taxes on $1.52 billion of income between 2014 and 2018. According to ProPublica, he paid no federal income taxes in 2018. His 2021 tax bill was estimated at $12 billion based on his sale of $14 billion worth of Tesla stock. Back in 2012, he signed The Giving Pledge and, in May 2020, pledged to "sell almost all physical possessions".
Elon Musk Height and Weight
Elon Musk is a handsome man with a charming smile and a glowing face attracting a lot of people towards him. He stands at a height of 1.88 m or 6 ft 2 in. His balanced body weight consists of 90 Kg or 198.5 lbs. He has a balanced and healthy body. His other body measurements will be updated soon.
Did You Know?
- Elon is the founder, CEO and lead designer of SpaceX. He is also the co-founder, CEO and product architect of Tesla and co-founder and CEO of Neuralink. In December, 2016 he was ranked as 21 of the Forbes list of the World’s Most Powerful People. I n February he is named as 53rd richest person in the world by Forbes.