Emilia Clarke - Bio, Net Worth, Affair, Boyfriend, Husband, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Family, Awards, Brain Aneurysm, Surgery, Game of Thrones, Health
Popular for portraying Daenerys Targaryen or, Khaleesi from the hit HBO's TV series, Game of Thrones, Emilia Clarke, is one of the most desirable women in the world. She earned a huge fan following after she appeared on the highly rated TV series. Moreover, she also received several awards and nominations for her breakout role in the series.
- A British actress.
- Her role as Daenerys Targaryen on HBO’s television series Game of Thrones.
Game of Thrones: Emilia Clarke's brain surgery ordeal
Emilia Clarke said she suffered two "life-threatening" aneurysms. The actor, who plays Daenerys Targaryen, underwent surgery twice, leading to "terrible anxiety" and panic attacks. Despite thinking she would die, Clarke has now recovered beyond her "most unreasonable hopes". The actress, who is from Oxford, plays a young princess sold into marriage who she describes as "a figure of power and self-possession".
Clarke experienced her first aneurysm in 2011. She had been working out before collapsing in a toilet with "shooting, stabbing, constricting pain".
Clarke's character, Daenerys, is described as "a blend of Napoleon, Joan of Arc and Lawrence of Arabia". Doctors diagnosed her with having a subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH), from which a third of sufferers die immediately or soon after. After the surgery, a condition called aphasia set in, meaning she could not communicate and feared her acting career was over.
"In my worst moments, I wanted to pull the plug," she said. "I asked the medical staff to let me die." She recovered enough to return to filming Season 2 of Game of Thrones but said: "I was often so woozy, so weak, that I thought I was going to die."
In 2013, while performing for a play in New York, she received brain surgery for a second aneurysm on the other side of her brain.
This surgery was far more intrusive, meaning her skull had to be opened up.
"I looked as though I had been through a war more gruesome than any Daenerys experienced," said Clarke.
Her piece in The New Yorker is the first time she has spoken about her experience.
She says she is now "at a hundred percent" and has helped develop a charity that supports people recovering from brain injuries and strokes.
Who is Emilia Clarke's father?
English actress Emilia Clarke was born in London, England. She is of English ethnicity and has British nationality.
Her birth name is Emilia Isabelle Euphemia Rose Clarke. She was born to a sound engineer father and a businesswoman mother. Clarke grew up together with her brother. Since childhood, she has built up a strong interest towards entertainment field.
Clarke studied at Rye St Antony School and at St Edward’s School, Oxford. She also joined Drama Centre London and graduated in 2009.
Emilia Clarke Acting Career
- Emilia Clarke's early acting work includes two stage plays at St. Edwards and ten plays at the Drama Centre London. Her initial TV performances were in an episode of the soap opera’ Doctors’ and in the television film ‘Triassic Attack’. In 2011, the actress was cast as Daenerys Targaryen in HBO’s fantasy series ‘Game of Thrones’. Her performance earned positive reviews and she won the EWwy Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama in 2011.
- In 2012, she did the films ‘Spike Island’ and ‘Shackled’. Soon after this, she played the role of Evelyn Hemingway in the comedy-crime drama flick ‘Dom Hemingway’. Clarke then appeared in the American science fiction movie ‘Terminator Genisys’. The movie was a commercial success though it received poor reviews. Her performance was praised by critics.
- She next had a role in the flick ‘Me Before You’ in 2016. The film was a major hit. That year, she also voiced the character of Bridget in an episode of ‘Robot Chicken’. The actress then did the film ‘Voice from the Stone’ in 2017. The same year, she also did voice work for an episode each of the animated series ‘Animals’ and ‘Thunderbirds Are Go’ respectively. Clarke would soon be seen in the role of Qi’ra in the upcoming movie ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’.
- In November 2016, Clarke was cast as the female lead in Solo: A Star Wars Story, released worldwide on 25 May 2018.
- Clarke is also attached to the films The Guns of August opposite Helena Bonham Carter, and Above Suspicion opposite Jack Huston. In January 2017, Clarke was cast as the lead in the upcoming English language adaptation of the 2015 Korean romantic comedy, The Beauty Inside
Emilia Clarke's Awards and Nominations
Emilia Clarke gave some amazing performance in the TV series and movies for which she has been nominated for several awards and won some of them as well. Here is the list of her won awards:
- EWwy Awards and Scream Awards for Game of Thrones (2011)
- Gracie Awards and Online Film & Television Association Awards (twice) for Game of Thrones (2012)
- SFX Awards and Online Film & Television Association Awards for Game of Thrones (2013)
- Online Film & Television Association Awards, Empire Awards and Gold Derby TV Awards for Game of Thrones (2015)
Some of her nominated awards include Primetime Emmy Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards, Critics' Choice Awards, and Satellite Awards among others.
Who is Emilia Clarke husband?
Reflecting on the personal life of Emilia Clarke, she is single. Although her career took on a successful path her love life couldn’t do so.
Previously, she was in a relationship with Seth MacFarlane in 2012 which soon end in 2013. She was rumored to have hooked up with James Franco in 2013 and Jared Leto in 2014. She was in a relationship with Cory Michael Smith in 2014 and Jai Courtney in 2015. There isn’t any information about her being in other relationships that we know of. There isn’t any solid proof which leads towards her married life and children.
How much does Emilia Clarke make per episode?
Emilia Clarke has an estimated net worth of $13 million as per Celebrity Net Worth. She earns a salary of $1.1 million to $2 million per episode of Game of Thrones.
Clarke has a collection of luxury cars like:
- Audi Q3 = $35k
- Ferrari F430 = $90,039 to $456,431
In October 2016, The actress bought a mansion for $4.6 million, in Venice, California. The 2,800-square-foot home has two bedrooms and three baths inside. In 2018, Clarke put her $5 million home for rent for $25k per month in Venice Beach. The house boasts two-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom.
Clarke not just earns huge money but also is involved in several charitable organization. She became an ambassador of SMA TRsut Team in 2011 and six years later, she became a patron of a non-profit organization, Open Door which helped the young people gain access to the acting school audition.
Clarke raised $120k for the J/P HRP & Disaster Relief Organizations after she auctioned a chance to watch an episode of Game of Thrones with her. As of 2018, she became an ambassador to the Royal College of Nursing in the UK.
How tall is Emilia Clarke?
Observing her body statistics, Emilia Clarke has a height of 5 feet 2 inches. Her body weighs 58kg. She has dark brown hair and green eyes. Her body figure measures the size of 35-26-37 inches. Her bra size is 32C, dress size is 6 (US) and shoe size is 8 (US).
Trivias About Emilia Clarke You Need To Know.
- She can sing and play some piano, flute, and guitar.
- At the age of three, she went to see "Show Boat" with her mother, a stage musical on which her father worked behind the scenes as a sound engineer at a theater in London's West End. She has wanted to become an actress ever since.
- She is highly skilled at alto, ballads, blues, cabaret singing, and jazz singing.
- Named "Sexiest Woman Alive" by Esquire magazine in 2015.
- In late April 2013, she suffered a brain aneurysm. She was treated at the New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in Manhattan and she recovered.