Emily Blunt Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Family, Awards, Height
Emily Blunt is a British-American actress and voiceover artist. She rose to prominence with her role as Emily Charlton in the 2006 American Comedy-drama film "The Devil Wears Prada". She is known for her role in films such as "My Summer of Love", "Irresistible", "Dan in Real Life", "The Young Victoria", "The Adjustment Bureau", "Looper", "A Quiet Place", "Mary Poppins Returns", "The Quiet Place" and her other appearance TV series includes "Boudica", "Henry VIII", "The Simpsons", "Saturday Night Live", "Angelina Ballerina: The Next Steps", "Lip Sync Battle" and more. She is the recipient of several accolades, including a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award, in addition to nominations for three British Academy Film Awards. Forbes ranked her as one of the highest-paid actresses in the world in 2020. In 2021, she starred in the sequel "A Quiet Place Part II" and the adventure film "Jungle Cruise".
What is Emily Blunt Famous For?
- Being an award-winning British Actress.
- For her acting skills in films like The Devil Wears Prada (2006), The Young Victoria (2009), The Adjustment Bureau (2011), and Looper (2012).
What is Emily Blunt's Nationality?
Emily Blunt's birth name is Emily Olivia Leah Blunt. Her birthdate is 23rd February 1983. She is from London, England. She holds American-British nationality and her ethnic background is Mixed. Her religious belief is Anglican/Episcopalian. Her present age is 39 as of 2022. Her father, Oliver Simon Peter Blunt is a barrister by profession, and her mother, Joanna Mackie is a teacher and a former actress by profession. She has 3 siblings namely Susannah Blunt, Felicity Blunt, and Sebastian Blunt, who is an actor. Her grandfather, Peter Blunt was Major General Peter Blunt, and one of her paternal uncles Crispin Blunt is a Conservative member of parliament for Reigate. She attended Ibstock place school and Hurtwood House. She was also a board member of "American Institute for Stuttering".
Emily Blunt Career Timeline
- Emily Blunt made her acting debut in a 2001 stage production of "The Royal Family".
- In 2003, she made her screen debut in the British television drama "Boudica".
- In 2004, she made her feature film debut in the drama "My Summer of Love" and the television film "Gideon's Daughter" in the year 2006.
- In 2004, prior to My Summer of Love, she played Linnet Ridgeway in the episode "Death on the Nile" of the series Agatha Christie's Poirot.
- She then featured in the comedy drama The Devil Wears Prada and appeared in the independent mystery drama Irresistible.
- In 2007, she appeared in four films: the horror film Wind Chill, the romantic drama The Jane Austen Book Club, the comedy-drama Dan in Real Life, and the biographical comedy-drama Charlie Wilson's War.
- In 2008, Blunt appeared in two films, Sunshine Cleaning and The Great Buck Howard.
- In 2009, Blunt portrayed Queen Victoria in the independent period drama The Young Victoria.
- She also voiced Matilda Mouseling, the mother of the titular character, in the television series Angelina Ballerina: The Next Steps.
- Then, she starred in the horror film The Wolfman in 2010.
- After a year, she was seen in the thriller The Adjustment Bureau (2011).
- In 2011, Blunt starred in the British romantic comedy-drama Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, which was then followed by movies including The Muppets, Your Sister's Sister, The Five-Year Engagement, Looper, Arthur, Newman, Edge of Tomorrow, All You Need Is Kill, Into The Woods, Sicario, The Huntsman: Winter's War, The Girl on the Train, My Little Pony: The Movie and Animal Crackers, A Quiet Place, Mary Poppins Returns, Some Good News, and Outside Mullingar.
- She reprised her role in the horror sequel A Quiet Place Part II (2021).
- Also, she starred in the adventure film Jungle Cruise.
- In the year 2020, Blunt was cast to star in the BBC television series "The English", a western from Hugo Blick.
- She has also been cast as Katherine Oppenheimer in Christopher Nolan's biographical film "Oppenheimer" and in David Yates's crime drama film "Pain Hustlers" for Netflix.
Emily Blunt Awards and Achievements
- BAFTA Awards (2007, 2017)
- Britannia Awards (2009)
- Critics' Choice Awards (2010, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019)
- Golden Globe Awards (2007, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2019)
- Screen Actors Guild Awards (2017, 2019)
- Alliance of Women Film Journalists Awards (2012, 2015, 2016)
- Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Awards (2016, 2019)
- British Independent Film Awards (2004, 2009)
- Chicago Film Critics Association (2012)
- Dallas-Fort Worth Film Critics Association (2006, 2009)
- Detroit Film Critics Society (2014)
- Dublin Film Critics' Circle (2015)
- Empire Awards (2010, 2015, 2016)
- Evening Standard British Film Awards (2005, 2016)
- Fangoria Chainsaw Awards (2019)
- Georgia Film Critics Association Awards (2013, 2016)
- Gold Derby Awards (2015, 2019)
- Gotham Independent Film Awards (2012)
- Hawaii Film Critics Society (2019)
- Houston Film Critics Society (2016)
- Jupiter Awards (2011, 2016)
- London Film Critics' Circle (2005, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019)
- MTV Movie & TV Awards (2007, 2018)
- Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards (2019)
- People's Choice Award (2013, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival Awards (2010)
- Satellite Awards (2009, 2015, 2019)
- Saturn Awards (2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019)
- Scream Awards (2010)
- St. Louis Film Critics Association (2018)
- Teen Choice Awards (2006, 2014, 2019)
- Vancouver Film Critics Circle (2010)
- Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards (2007)
Who is Emily Blunt's Husband?
Emily Blunt is a married woman. She tied a knot with her husband, John Krasinski, an actor by profession. They got married on 10 July 2010. Their engagement date is August 2009. They started their relationship in November 2008. They are also the proud parents of two daughters, Violet Krasinski (Born in 2016) and Hazel Krasinski (Born in 2014). They together bought a house in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood of New York City. They are enjoying their life a lot.
Previously, she dated a Canadian musician, Michael Buble.
How Rich is Emily Blunt?
Emily Blunt is a successful actress who has worked in many movies and shows. Emily Blunt's net worth is believed to have $80 million as of 2022. Also, she is making a cool amount of money from her brand endorsement such as "Yves Saint Laurent Perfume", "Roland Mouret", "Westward", "Alice + Olivia Devon", "Jimmy Choo Baxter Wedges", "Lorraine Schwartz", "Dolce & Gabbana". She made around $8 million to $10 million per film. She is living a lavish lifestyle at present.
How tall is Emily Blunt?
Emily Blunt is a gorgeous actress standing at the height of 5 ft 7.5 inches or 1.71m. Her body build is athletic. Her body weight consists of 52 Kg or 115 Ibs. She has a pair of blue eyes color and her hair color is dark brown. Her body measurement is 34-23-35 inches. She wears a shoe size of 9 US.
Did You Know?
- She is allergic to cats.
- Board member of the American Institute for Stuttering.
- Decompresses through daily sessions of transcendental meditation.
- She has a phobia of heights.
- She has a fear of wearing Gloves.
- Lives in New York with her husband John Krasinski and their two daughters Hazel and Violet since 2016.
- She was 4 months pregnant with her daughter Violet when she completed filming "The Girl on the Train" (2016).
- Her father Oliver Blunt is a top UK criminal defense barrister/lawyer.
- Counts Jaws (1975) is her all-time favorite movie which she first saw at age 10.
- Enjoys horseback riding.
- At 16, was offered a record deal after a producer spotted her in the musical 'Bliss' at the Edinburgh Festival.
- She is a grade 8 cellist.
- She is a strong alto singer.