Emily Ratajkowski - Bio, Net Worth, Affair, Husband, Married, Boyfriend, Dating, Diet, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Family, Wedding, Weight, Arrested
Emily Ratajkowski is an American model and actress. She is considered one of the sex symbols of the modern era. She began modeling and acting in Los Angeles. She then bagged the role of Tasha in two episodes of Nickelodeon's iCarly. She made her big break debut in Gone Girl (2014). She is an advocate for women's health issues as a spokesperson for Planned Parenthood. Ratajkowski has featured in numerous fashion magazines like Vogue, GQ, Harper's Bazar, FHM and Cosmopolitan.
How to Emily Ratajkowski got fame?
- Considered one of the sex symbols of the modern era.
- Her topless appearance in the music video for Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines which counted the number one song of the year in several countries in 2013.
Emily Ratajkowski Early life and Education
Emily was born as the only child of an American parent's John David Rataijkowski and Kathleen Balgley in Westminster, London. Her father, John, is a painter and teacher and mother, Kathleen, a professor of English. They moved and settled in the United States in San Diego, California at the age of five.
While attending the North Coast Repertory Theatre School, Emily started her first formal role in the movie The Little Match Girl as a child actress and also for Theatre production. She also attended San Dieguito Academy High School in San Diego at the age of 15. She was comfortable with her naked body from her teenage and was influenced by third-wave feminism.
What is the profession of Emily Ratajkowski?
- At the age of 14, Ratajkowski signed a deal with a talent agency. She also signed an agreement with Ford and did a teen print catalog modeling for Kohls and Nordstrom. She took up several minor un-credited roles in television and film projects.
- In 2010, Ratajkowski began a career in modeling. She posed for various artistic erotic magazines. Her bold look coupled with her rawness earned her roles in two high-profile music videos. She also appeared in a bunch of commercials during this time.
- Ratajkowski’s popularity went two-folds in 2013 after she featured in Pharrell Williams’s video, ‘Blurred Lines’. Though the video got into a controversy and was labeled sexist and misogynistic by some, she believed that it did not objectify her or any other women, and instead talked about female power and sexual freedom.
- ‘Blurred Lines’ proved to be a breakthrough in Ratajkowski’s career. It stayed at the number one spot on the Billboard’s Hot 100 Chart for twelve consecutive weeks, making it the longest-running number one song of the decade. Furthermore, it became the number one song of 2013 Music Charts in countries like Canada, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
- ‘Blurred Lines’ gave Ratajkowski a sudden rush of unanticipated prominence making her a star overnight. Almost abruptly, she had turned into a sex symbol and became a permanent fixture on several highly-prized fashion magazine polls and lists. Rolling Stones, Sports Illustrated, FHM, and AskMen listed her among their hottest sex symbols.
- Banking on her newfound recognition, Ratajkowski soon found herself supporting roles in major films. She played the mistress of the Ben Affleck’s character in ‘Gone Girl’. Immediately after making waves for her performance in the film, she appeared as the cover model for the highly reputed, ‘Cosmopolitan’ magazine.
- In 2015, Ratajkowski co-starred in ‘Entourage’, playing the love interest of Vincent Chase. Her role in the film received widespread appreciation. The year also saw the release of ‘The Spoils Before Dying’ in which she played Agent Day, a role which was also favorably reviewed.
- August 2015 marked her debut in a lead role for the musical drama, ‘We Are Your Friends’ opposite, Zac Efron. In the film, she played the character of Sophie, a Stanford University dropout. During the film’s promotional tour to Europe and North America and its premiere in London, Ratajkowski emerged as a style icon, earning multiple best-dressed citations. Her performance received mixed reviews but she was commended for her dancing skills and sex appeal.
- Post the success of ‘We Are Your Friends’, Ratajkowski appeared on the covers of various magazines, including Grazia France, British GQ, Harper's Bazaar, InStyle UK and Australia. She also made her runway debut for Marc Jacobs at the spring/summer New York Fashion Week finale and for Miu Miu at the Paris Fashion Week runway.
- After a splendid success in 2016, Ratajkowski began 2017 with a cover shot for Vogue España in February and followed it with cover appearances on InStyle, Marie Claire and Harper's Bazaar in months to follow. She modeled for the French fashion brand, The Kooples’, and even designed a 38-piece bag collection for them.
- In 2018, Ratajkowski featured alongside Amy Schumer in the comedy film, ‘I Feel Pretty’. Her role was a pivotal one, which she played to perfection.
- Currently, Ratajkowski has her hands full with film projects. Her upcoming releases include ‘Cruise’ opposite Spencer Boldman, ‘In Darkness’ alongside Natalie Dormer, Ed Skrein, and Stacy Martin and ‘Welcome Home’ opposite Aaron Paul. She has also been cast as a series regular in the NBC pilot ‘Bright Futures’
Emily Ratajkowski Married, Dating, Affairs, Boyfriend
Emily Rataijkowski dated two men before she finally tied the knot with her then-boyfriend-now-husband, Sebastian Bear-McClard. In 2014, her relationship with Andrew Dryden, a creative director, got her wide recognization. That same year, she dated Jeff Magid, musician, but soon broke up.
Later on 23rd February 2018, she took her official Instagram to announce her wedding which was quite shocking for her fans. She wedlock with Sebastian Bear-McClard, actor and producer, in a New York City courthouse wedding. The couple is often spotted together in several places and seems to be strongly bounded. As of now, the duo has not announced any planning to welcome children yet.
Being a feminist, Emily enjoys the freedom of sexual expression and is an advocate for women’s health.
Emily Ratajkowski Net worth, Salary, Income, Earning
Being a supermodel and actress at a time, Emily Rataijkowski earns the good sum of money. Apart from movies, she adds a tremendous sum to her net worth through her modeling career. She has featured as well as walked for various prestigious brands.
As of 2019, her net worth is approximately $6 million. Further, she makes over $300,000 annually as salary. Additionally, she owns a 1,650-square-foot home in LA worth $2 million with her husband. Their LA house consists of three-bedroom and three-bathroom.
Besides, the model has raised funds as well as done public service announcements and committed to a short film promoting reproductive and sexual health for Planned Parenthood (PPFA).
Body Measurements of Emily Ratajkowski
Observing her body statistics, She stands a height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 54 Kg. She has a high-protein diet slim body figure with body measures 32-24-34 inches. Similarly, she used to wear the 32C bra size and 8.5 (US) size of shoe. Further, she has a pair of dark brown eyes and hair color. She likes to do yoga, hiking, and cardio.
Are Emily Ratajkowski sensual photos hacked by someone?
- In September 2014, she was a victim in a female celebrity hacking and internet posting wave of stolen nude iCloud photographs.
- She says she enjoys the freedom of sexual expression while still being a feminist. She often uses her celebrity power to support the empowerment of Women and women’s sexuality. British GQ’s Charlie Burton stated that she is a feminist with more to say than others. She is often called the modern feminist.
- On the Eve of the February 2016 New Hampshire Democratic Primary, she spoke at a Bernie Sanders rally in New Hampshire to endorse his campaign. In her speech, she addressed that young female Sanders supporters were involved to meet potential male romantic partners rather than supporting fellow female Hillary Clinton.
- In 2017 Golden Globe Award after party, she suffered a wardrobe malfunction. She accidentally flashed her yellow outfit when she was giving pose for the photoshoot.
- Emily Ratajswoski previously dating creative director and menswear buyer, Andrew Dryden. In 2014, she began dating musician Jeff Magid who is the owner of R.B.I. Media LLC, a music entertainment based company which serves music companies, recording artists, music supervisors, and TV and film companies.
- She has been named Woman of the Year by Esquire in 2013, ’20 hottest sex symbols’ by Rolling Stones in December of the same year and Fourth sexiest woman in the world by FHM in 2014.
Trivias About Emily Ratajkowski You Need To Know.
- She signed a deal with Ford Models at the age of 14.
- She tried soccer, acting, and ballet before modeling.
- She used to visit nude beaches in Europe with her family during her youth.
- As a youth, she was influenced by third-wave feminism.
- She appeared in a Buick Super Bowl commercial during Super Bowl 50.
- Esquire fans voted Ratajkowski "Woman of the Year" in 2013.
- Rolling Stone magazine listed Ratajkowski as one of twenty hottest sex symbols in 2013.
- Sports Illustrated magazine named Ratajkowski one of 12 swimsuit issue rookies during its 50th anniversary in 2014.
- AskMen ranked Ratajkowski the third most desirable woman of 2014.
- FHM ranked her at No. 4 among the sexiest woman in 2014.
- Maxim ranked her at No.2 in their Hot 100 list in 2015.
- She became a victim in a female celebrity hacking and internet posting wave of stolen nude iCloud photographs in 2014.
- She advocates for women's health and is a spokesperson for Planned Parenthood.
- She suffered a wardrobe malfunction at the 2017 Golden Globe Award after-party.
- She endorsed Bernie Sanders in the 2016 New Hampshire Democratic primary as well as Democratic nomination for the 2020 presidential election.