Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 06:20 am
Facts About Eric Dane
|50 Years Old
|Eric T. Melvin
|Place Of Birth
|San Francisco, California
|William Melvin Dane
|Sequoia High School
|6 feet 1 inches
|salt and pepper
|Will Add Soon
|Ex: Rebecca Gayheart
|Billie Beatrice Dane and Georgia Geraldine Dane
|Will Add Soon
|For his role of Dr. Mark Sloan on the hit television show, Grey’s Anatomy (2006-2012)
An American actor who is best known for playing the role of Dr. Mark Sloan on the hit television show, Grey’s Anatomy (2006-2012) is named for Eric Dane. He is also known for playing the character Captain Tom Chandler in the apocalyptic drama The Last Ship since 2014.
'Euphoria's' Hunter Schafer on Exploring Trans Identity Onscreen
Schafer also discussed working with a trans consultant and shooting those sex scenes with Eric Dane. The fourth episode of HBO’s “Euphoria” finally slipped into actual euphoric territory Sunday, when the ending saw Rue (Zendaya) and her best friend Jules (Hunter Schafer) kiss while romantic, instrumental music swelled. Hunter Schafer takes on her first acting role in HBO's boundary-pushing drama Euphoria as Jules Vaughn, and on Sunday night's fourth episode, the show dives into her character's past and current traumas. The audience learns how Jules struggled with depression as a child and was forced into a psychiatric hospital by her mother, eventually leading to a suicide attempt. After leaving the facility, she begins to transition into a woman, and by high school is sleeping with a constant stream of married and unavailable men as an emotional escape. That seems to finally stop when she meets Tyler online and quickly falls for him, only to find out that it was really Nate (Jacob Elordi) pretending to be her dream man, blackmailing her to keep quiet about sleeping with his father, Cal (Eric Dane). The final moments of the episode are of Jules being comforted by best friend Rue (Zendaya), resulting in a passionate kiss between the two.
Early Life of Eric Dane
Eric Dane was born as Eric T. Melvin on 9th November 1972, in San Francisco, California, USA. He is the son of Leah Dane and William Melvin Dane. His mother was a homemaker and her father was an interior designer and architect. When he was seven years old, his father died of a gunshot wound. He attended Sequoia High School in Redwood City, California and graduated in 1990. After that, he attended San Mateo High School in San Mateo, California from 1990 to 1991. His nationality is American and he is of mixed (English, German, Scottish, Russian Jewish, Austrian Jewish, Finnish) ethnicity. He moved to Los Angeles in 1993 to pursue his career as an actor. As of 2018, his age is 46.
Body Measurements of Eric Dane
Being at the age of 46, Eric Dane still looks very handsome and his charming smile has never been fade out. With his brilliant smile and attractive personality, he has gained a lot of followers towards him. He has a height a tall height of 6 feet 1 inch with a balanced bodyweight of 196 lbs. His hair color is salt and pepper and his eye color is blue. But her exact body measurement including his shoe size, bicep size and more has not been revealed in the media but we will try to add it quickly once we get information about it.
Career of Eric Dane
- Eric Dane began her acting career debut by playing Tad Pogue in the 1991 film Saved by the Bell.
- After moving to Los Angeles in 1993, he made his television debut in 1993 in The Wonder Years.
- He also played bit parts on the TV series Married with Children (1995), Silk Stalkings (1996) and Roseanne (1996).
- In 2000, he was signed for a recurring role in Gideon's Crossing and followed this with a two-season run as Jason Dean in Charmed.
- His first major feature film appearance was in The Basket (1999), in which he played Tom Emery.
- He also appeared in the films Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane, Sol Goode, Feast, X-Men: The Last Stand, and Open Water 2.
- From 2003 to 2004, he played the role of Jason Dean in the TV series Charmed.
- In 2006, he began playing Dr. Mark Sloan in the series Grey’s Anatomy for which he won “Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series” for his role in the series. He played the role until 2012.
- In October 2012, he joined the main cast of the drama series The Last Ship. He is still playing the role in the series.
- He is currently filming for The Blue Mauritius and Euphoria.
Marital Status (Married), Wife, Children
Eric Dane is a married man previously but as of today, his marital status is divorced. He was married to the famous American model Rebecca Gayheart. The couple got married on 29th October 2004. They have two daughters together; Billie Beatrice Dane and Georgia Geraldine Dane. In February 2018, Gayheart filed for divorce from Dane after 14 years of marriage, citing "irreconcilable differences". He made headlines when he was in a nude video with his wife and Kari Ann Peniche. As of today, he is assumed to be single.
Net Worth of Eric Dane
Grey's Anatomy actor, Eric has accumulated an enormous amount of salary from his acting profession. His successful path in his acting career has paid him the net worth of $7 million as of 2019. But his exact salary has not been revealed yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his follower that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his career. Overall to say, he is satisfied with his earnings.