Giada De Laurentiis - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married, Husband, Children, Family, Books, Awards, Nationality, Height, Facts, Parents, Wiki, Career, Shows
Giada Pamela De Laurentiis is a talented Italian-American chef, writer, and television personality who is professionally known as Giada De Laurentiis. She is well recognized for being the host of Food Network's "Giada at Home" and also for appearing regularly as a contributor and guest co-host on NBC's "Today". She is the founder of the catering business GDL Foods as well as a winner of the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lifestyle Host and the Gracie Award for Best Television Host. Giada made her debut as a writer in 2005 with "Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes". Moreover, she starred in a new Hyundai Motor Company TV commercial advert to promote the Hyundai Tucson in 2021.
- Being an Italian-American chef, writer, and television personality.
- For being the host of Food Network's "Giada at Home".
What is the Birthplace of Giada De Laurentiis?
Giada De Laurentiis opened her eyes for the very first time with the real name of Giada Pamela De Benedetti on 22nd August 1970. Her birthplace is Rome, Italy. She holds Italian nationality whereas she came from Italian-American ethnic background. She follows the Christian religion. Giada has celebrated her 50th birthday as of 2020 which is her present age. Her race is white and her zodiac sign is Leo. Giada's father, Alex De Benedetti is an actor, producer whereas her mother, Veronica De Laurentiis is an actress. She has three younger siblings including sister Eloisa, a makeup artist, and brothers Igor and Dino Alexander II, a Hollywood film editor who died of melanoma in 2003. She was a close associate of Giada's maternal grandfather, film producer Dino De Laurentiis. Her parents were married in February 1970 but were later divorced. After her parents' divorce, Giada and her siblings moved to Southern California, where they took their mother's surname. Her stepfather is producer Ivan Kavalsky.
Moving to Giada's education, she attended the University of California, Los Angeles, earning her bachelor's degree in social anthropology in 1996 after graduating from Marymount High School in Los Angeles.
What does Giada De Laurentiis do for a living?
- Giada De Laurentiis kicks off her career being a professional chef working in several Los Angeles restaurants, notably the Wolfgang Puck-owned Spago.
- She then worked as a food stylist and was contacted by the Food Network after styling a piece in "Food & Wine" magazine in 2002.
- Later her Food Network daytime cooking show, "Everyday Italian" was premiered on 5th April 2003.
- In October 2005, Giada started hosting "Behind the Bash" as well as a third De Laurentiis-hosted show, "Giada's Weekend Getaways", debuted on Food Network in January 2007.
- De Laurentiis and Bobby Flay competed against, and were defeated by, Rachael Ray and Mario Batali on a November 2006 episode of "Iron Chef America".
- As well, she starred at the inaugural "Food Network Awards" as a presenter in 2007 and also hosted a two-part Food Network special entitled "Giada in Paradise" in the following year of June.
- She made several appearances as a guest judge on the third season of "The Next Food Network Star", which aired in 2007.
- In the same year, she was dubbed a "petite powerhouse" by Town & Country magazine, standing "just under five-foot-two".
- She later became the voice of "Paulette" in 2009, a character on the animated children's show "Handy Manny". "CafeMom" ranked her as #6 in their yearly "Sexiest Moms Alive" list in the following year.
- She became a regularly appearing mentor to the finalists on the popular Food Network competition show "The Next Food Network Star" in June 2010.
- Giada opened her first restaurant, called GIADA, inside The Cromwell in Las Vegas, Nevada in July 2014.
- Also, she voiced the character of Gelata in the US version of the Tinker Bell special "Pixie Hollow Bake Off" in 2014 as well as voiced herself in the movie "Scooby-Doo! and the Gourmet Ghost" in 2018.
- Additionally, her Food Network series "Giada Entertains" won a Daytime Emmy Award as Outstanding Culinary Series on 26th June 2020 and she also won the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Culinary Host on 26th July of the following year.
- De Laurentiis appeared in a new Hyundai Motor Company TV commercial advert to promote the Hyundai Tucson in 2021.
- Giada has two restaurants on the Las Vegas Strip as she opened her first restaurant in May 2014. The restaurant, simply called "Giada", is located in the Cromwell.
- She opened a second restaurant in early 2018. "Pronto by Giada", taking up residency in Caesars Palace, is a fast-casual dining restaurant.
- She announced in July 2017 that she would also be opening a restaurant in the Horseshoe Casino in Baltimore, Maryland, just north of Washington, D.C. It is called GDL Italian by Giada and opened in May 2018.
Giada De Laurentiis Books
- Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes
- Giada's Family Dinners
- Everyday Pasta
- Giada's Kitchen: New Italian Favorites
- Giada at Home: Family Recipes from Italy and California
- Weeknights with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner
- Giada's Feel Good Food
- Happy Cooking
- Giada's Italy
Awards and Achievements
- Daytime Emmy Awards for her work in "Everyday Italian"
- Gracie Awards for her work in "Giada at Home"
- Daytime Emmy Awards for her work in "Giada Entertains"
Who is Giada De Laurentiis Husband?
Giada De Laurentiis is a married woman. She was married to Todd Thompson, a fashion designer on 25th May 2003 with whom she was blessed with a child, Jade Marie De Laurentiis-Thompson who was born on 29th March 2008. Jade was named after her mother - "Giada" is Italian for "Jade." Later on 29th December 2014, De Laurentiis announced on her website that she and Todd had separated the previous July, and had decided to end their marriage. The divorce was finalized on 3rd September 2015. Currently, she is in a romantic relationship with her handsome boyfriend Shane Farley. Talking about her sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Giada De Laurentiis Net Worth?
Giada De Laurentiis has a net worth of $30 million as of 2021 whereas she has also a fine amount of salary which is also in millions of dollars per year. She has her own restaurants from where she is earning a fine amount of money. Giada collaborated with the "Barilla Group" to launch an Italian gourmet line in 2008 as well as she appeared in print advertisements for Clairol‘s Natural Instincts hair color from 2012-2013. In addition, her major source of income is from her chef, writer, and television personality career.
What is the Height of Giada De Laurentiis?
Giada De Laurentiis is 5 ft 3 in or 160 cm tall whereas her body weighs around 52 kg or 115 pounds. She has good-looking light brown hair and blue eyes color. Giada has a slim body build with 35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm of body measurement. Her warm smile, outstanding and charming personality have attracted a lot of people towards her.
Trivias About Giada De Laurentiis You Need To Know.
- Giada was into cooking since her childhood and was often found in the family kitchen.
- She spent a lot of time at DDL Foodshow, a restaurant owned by her grandfather.
- At the age of 7, she shifted base to Southern California along with her siblings after the divorce of her parents.
- Giada was also a food stylist.
- De Laurentiis was ranked No.6 on "CafeMom's Sexiest Moms Alive" list in 2010.