Gina Rodriguez - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Age, Wiki, Height, Facts
Gina Alexis Rodriguez is an American actress. She is popular by the name Gina Rodriguez. She is best known for her role as Jane Villanueva in The CW satirical romantic dramedy series Jane the Virgin. For her work in Jane the Virgin, she has won numerous awards including Golden Globe Award, EWwy Award, Gold Derby Award, Imagen Award, and Teen Choice Award. She also won several nominations for the same role.
She has over 3.3 million followers on her Instagram.
Jane the Virgin star, Gina Rodriguez starring Miss Bala hits the theatre
Miss Bala, an action thriller film based on the 2011 Mexican film of the same name was released on 1 February 2019 in the United States. The film is an action thriller and is directed by Catherine Hardwicke.
The film stars Gina Rodriguez, Ismael Cruz Cordova, and Anthony Mackie, who follows a woman who trains to take down a drug cartel after they kidnap her friend.
The initial release of the film has received some praise.
What is Gina Rodriguez Famous For?
- Her role as Jane Villanueva in 'Jane the Virgin'
Who are Gia Rodriguez's parents?
Gina Rodriguez was born on 30 July 1984. Her birthname is Gina Alexis Rodriguez. She was born to a father, Genaro Rodriguez, and a mother, Magali Rodriguez. Her parents are Puerto Rican. Her birthplace is Chicago, Illinois in the United States. She holds American nationality. She was raised Catholic. Her zodiac sign is Leo. She has 2 siblings, Ivelisse Rodriguez Simon, and Rebecca Rodriguez. She grew up in the Belmont Cragin neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side.
She started learning salsa dance at a very young age and performed at the salsa dance company, Fantasia Juvenil at the age of 7. She continued her salsa dancing until 17.
She attended St. Ignatius College Prep. She attended NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 2005. Besides, she also trained for four years at the Atlantic Theatre Company and Experimental Theatre Wing.
The Career Highlights of Gina Rodriguez
- She has portrayed Frida Kahlo in 'Casa Blue' in the United Kingdom and in 'The Last Moments in the Life of Frida Kahlo at the American State Theatre.
- She made her television debut in the American police procedural and legal drama television series, Law & Order in 2004. She later appeared in another minor role in the same series in 2008.
- She made her film debut in a minor role in 2008 Calling It Quits.
- She has also appeared in small roles in Jonny Zero (2005), Eleventh Hour (2009), 10 Things I Hate About You (2010), Army Wives (2010), Happy Endings (2011), and The Mentalist (2011).
- She landed the recurring role of Beverly in The Bold and the Beautiful from 2011 to 2012.
- She rose to prominence after she landed the role of Jane Villanueva in The CW satirical romantic dramedy series Jane the Virgin in 2014.
- She has also appeared in Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2018), Rizzoli & Isles (2013), Longmire (2013), and No Names (2012).
- She has voiced Gina Alvarez in 7 episodes of "Big Mouth", voiced Princess Marisa in 3 episodes of Elena of Avalor, and voiced the lead role, of Carmen Sandiego in the Netflix animated series, Carmen Sandiego.
- Her best-noticed films are Go for It! (2011), Filly Brown (2012), Sleeping with the Fishes (2009), Deepwater Horizon (2016), and Ferdinand (2017), Annihilation (2018), and Mis Bala (2019).
- She has directed 2 episodes in the latest season of Jane the Virgin and an episode of Charmed (2019).
- In 2020, she appeared in the crime-drama film, Kajillionaire. She also voiced the character Velma Dinkley in the computer-animated mystery comedy film, Scoob!
- From 2020-2021, she served as the executive producer for the Sisney+ show Diary of a Future President, where she also starred as the title character as an adult.
Awards won by Gina Rodriguez
Her role as Jane Villanueva in 'Jane the Virgin' has earned her several accolades and nominations. She has won Golden Globe Award, EWwy Award, Gold Derby Award, Imagen Awards, NHMC Impact Gala Award, Feelies Award, Girl Power Media Award, Icon Hispanic Heritage Month Honor, ACLU Social Bill of Rights Award, Tell Tale Award, Teen Choice Award, and The Alma Award on different categories.
She earned her first nominations for her work in the 2011 film, Go for It!
She has also won ALMA Award, and Imagen Award for her work in the 2012 film, Filly Brown.
Philanthropy work of Gina Rodriguez
Gina Rodriguez is an active philanthropist, who is actively involved in various charities.
She has worked on several philanthropic works with CustomInk.
She became the new member of the Board of Directors of the Hispanic Scholarship Fund in March 2015. The HSF supports Hispanic American higher education.
She was one of the celebrities to work with PACER( The Parent Advocacy Coalition for Educational Rights) to raise money for their fifth annual "Be Good to Each Other Campaign".
She partnered with Naja in October 2015 to help women and the environment.
Oprah's SuperSoul 100 list of visionaries and influential leaders named her in 2016.
She was one of the several artists to sing "Almost Like Praying". The benefits from the songs were contributed to those affected by Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.
Who is Gina Rodriguez married to?
The Jane the Virgin star is a married woman. She is married to Joe LoCicero, an actor, model, and MMA fighter. The couple first met on the set of Jane the Virgin. They started their affairs in 2016. She confirmed their engagement in an interview with US Weekly in August 2018. The couple finally got married on May 4, 2019.
Previously, she was romantically linked with Henri Esteve.
She currently lives in Los Angeles, California in the United States.
What is the height and weight of Gina Rodriguez?
Gina Rodriguez stands at a height of 1.61 m i.e. 5 feet and 3 inches tall. She has a body weight of 128 lbs i.e. 58 kg. The Jane the Virgin Star has an average body build. Her body measurements are 36-27-37 inches. She wears a bra of size 34B and shoes of size 8 (US). She has dark brown eyes and her hair color is black.
How much Net Worth has Gina Rodriguez?
Presently, the net worth of Miss Bala actress is estimated at around $5 million. She earned her fortune working in the entertainment industry. Her popularity increased after she starred as Jane Villanueva in 'Jane the Virgin'. Earlier, Kipling announced her as a brand ambassador in April 2015.
Trivias About Gina Rodriguez You Need To Know.
- She is the youngest of 3 sisters.
- Her father was a boxing referee.
- At 16, she was one of the thirteen teenagers to be accepted into Columbia University's Theatrical Collaboration.
- She has appeared in several short films including, Ten: Thirty One, Osvaldo's, Little Spoon, Interstate, Una Y Otra Ve, Since I Laid Eyes, and C'est Jane.
- She has voiced in the films including The Star, Ferdinand, and Smallfoot.
- She appeared in an episode of Lip Sync Battle against Wilmer Valderrama in 2016.
- She grew up Catholic and attends a Christian Church, whereas she has a Jewish family.