Giorgia Meloni - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Party, Age, Family, Height
Giorgia Meloni is a politician and journalist from Italy who is known for being the leader of the national-conservative party Brothers of Italy since 2014 and the president of the European Conservatives and Reformists Party since 2020. She has been a member of the Chamber of Deputies of Italy since 2006. She was elected to the Italian Chamber of Deputies in the 2006 general election. She served as Minister of Youth in Silvio Berlusconi's fourth government (2008-2011) and was president of Young Action first and then of Young Italy, the youth sections of National Alliance and People of Freedom respectively. Before her career in politics, she worked as a nanny, waitress, and bartender.
What is Giorgia Meloni Famous For?
- Being an Italian journalist and politician.
- Being the leader of the national-conservative party Brothers of Italy since 2014 and the president of the European Conservatives and Reformists Party since 2020.
What is Giorgia Meloni Nationality?
Giorgia Meloni was born on 15th January 1977 in Rome, Italy. She holds Italian nationality and her ethnicity is mixed as her father came from Sardinia and her mother came from Sicily; her father, a tax advisor, left his family when Giorgia Meloni was eleven years old. She spent her early childhood in the district of Garbatella with her sister. Her present age is 45 as of 2022.
At the age of 15, Meloni joined the Youth Front, the youth wing of the national conservative Italian Social Movement (MSI). During the years, she also founded the student coordination Gli Antenati (The Ancestors), which took part in the protest against the public education reform promoted by minister Rosa Russo Iervolino. In the year 1996, she became the national leader of Student Action, the student movement of the National Alliance, the right-wing heir of the MSI, representing this movement in the Student Associations Forum established by the Italian Ministry of Education. In the same year, she earned a diploma from the Amerigo Vespucci Institute. She also worked as a nanny, waitress, and bartender at the Piper Club, one of the most famous nightclubs in Rome during her initial career work. She then obtained her high school diploma in languages at the Institute "Amerigo Vespucci" of Rome, with a final mark of 60/60. In the year 1998, after winning the primary election, she was elected as a member of the Province of Rome, holding this position until 2002. In the year 2000, she was elected national director and in 2004 was the first woman president of Youth Action, the party's youth wing.
Giorgia Meloni Political Career Timeline
- Meloni was elected to the Italian Chamber of Deputies in the 2006 general election becoming the youngest ever Vice President of the Chamber.
- Then, she started to work as a journalist.
- She was appointed Minister of Youth Policies in the fourth cabinet led by the media mogul Silvio Berlusconi in 2008 which she held until 16 November 2011 when the former was forced to resign as the prime minister amid a financial crisis and public protests.
- In the year 2009, her party merged with Forza Italia into The People of Freedom and she took over the presidency of the united party's youth section, called Young Italy.
- She presented a 300 million euro package called the "Right to the Future" in November 2010, on behalf of the ministry.
- In November 2012, she announced her bid to contest the leadership of the People of Freedom party against Angelino Alfano, in opposition to the party's support of the Monti Cabinet.
- Later, she teamed up with fellow politicians Ignazio La Russa and Guido Crosetto to set out an anti-Monti policy.
- After that, Meloni, La Russa, and Crosetto founded a new political movement, Brothers of Italy (FdI) in December 2012, whose name comes from the words of the Italian National Anthem.
- She stood as part of Berlusconi's Centre-right coalition and received 2.0% of the vote and 9 seats at the February 2013 general election.
- She was re-elected to the Chamber of Deputies for Lombardy and was later appointed the party's leader in the house, a position that she would hold until 2014. She resigned to dedicate herself to the party.
- After then, she was succeeded by Fabio Rampelli.
- She became president of Brothers of Italy in March 2014.
- She was nominated for the 2014 European election as the leader of the Brothers of Italy in all five constituencies, but her party obtained only 3.7% of the votes, not exceeding the threshold of 4% and therefore she did not become an MEP, despite receiving 348,700 votes in April 2014.
- On 4th November 2015, she founded the Our Land – Italians with Giorgia Meloni, a conservative political committee in support of her campaigns.
- She participated in Family Day, an anti-LGBT rights demonstration, declaring herself against child adoption for LGBT couples on 30th January 2016.
- In the 2016 municipal election in Rome, Meloni ran for mayor with the support of Us with Salvini. Meloni won 20.6% of the vote, almost twice that of FI's candidate, but did not qualify for the run-off, while the FdI obtained a convincing 12.3%.
- She founded the "No, Thanks" committee and participated in numerous television debates, including one against prime minister Renzi.
- In the 2018 general election, Brothers of Italy stood as part of the center-right coalition, with Berlusconi's Forza Italia, Salvini's League, and Raffaele Fitto's Us with Italy.
- She was elected to the Chamber of Deputies for the single-member constituency of Latina with 41% of the vote.
- In October 2019, her speech at a right-wing rally in Rome, where she spoke against same-sex parenting, went viral on Italian social media platforms and became the object of many parodies.
- In December 2021, she signed the Madrid Charter, a document drafted by the Spanish right-wing party Vox that describes left-wing groups as enemies of Ibero-America involved in a "criminal project" that is "under the umbrella of the Cuban regime".
Who is Giorgia Meloni's Husband?
Giorgia Meloni is a married woman. She tied a knot with her husband, Andrea Giambruno. Professionally, Andrea is a TV journalist. During her participation in Family Day, she announced that she was pregnant; her daughter Ginevra was born on 16 September 2016. The happily married couple is enjoying their present life a lot.
How much is Giorgia Meloni's Net Worth?
Giorgia Meloni is a renowned politician who has made a cool amount of money from her work. The net worth of Giorgia Meloni is estimated to have around $5 Million as of 2022. Her main source of wealth comes from political work. Her salary is in thousand of dollars at present. She is living a cool lifestyle from her earnings.
How tall is Giorgia Meloni?
Giorgia Meloni is a beautiful woman witht he standing height of 5 feet 8 inches. Her body weight consists of 65 KG. Her body measurement is 34-25-37 in. Her hair color is blonde and her eye color is gray.
Trivias About Giorgia Meloni You Need To Know.
- She was the youngest-ever minister in the history of the Italian Republic.
- She is against any laws that recognise gay civil partnerships or marriages and she is against an anti-homophobia law, declaring that in Italy there is no homophobia.
- She has worked as a nanny, waitress, and bartender previously.
- She was elected in the Italian Chamber of Deputies in the 2006 general election.
- She served as Minister of Youth in Silvio Berlusconi's fourth government in 2008.