Goldie Hawn - Bio, Net Worth, Facts, Wiki, Autobiography, Husband, Married, Nationality, Ethnicity, Age, Measurements, Kids, Death, Real Name, Height
An actress, producer, and singer, Goldie Hawn became famous on the NBC sketch comedy program Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In (1968-70). She has successfully appeared in many films and she is the founder of The Hawn Foundation. She also went on to receive the Academy Award and Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Cactus Flower (1969). Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Goldie Hawn famous for?
- An American actress, producer, dancer, and singer.
- Her performance in Cactus Flower (1969).
When was Goldie Hawn born?
Recalling her early life, Goldie was born in Washington, D.C. to parents, Edward Rutledge and Laura. Her full name is Goldie Jeanne Hawn and she is of American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity. Her father was a band musician while her mother was a jewelry shop owner.
Similarly, her birth sign is Libra and she is Jewish by faith. She had an interest in dancing since her childhood. So, she took tap and ballet dance lessons. For education, she attended American University, majoring in drama. However, she did not complete her degree and dropped out of the university.
When did Goldie Hawn begin her acting career?
- After drop-out the University, Goldie started teaching ballet for a source of income. The same year, she made her stage debut as Juliet in Virginia Shakespeare Festival production of ‘Romeo and Juliet’.
- In 1964, She also debuted as a professional dancer in the musical, ‘Can-Can’ at the New York World's Fair.
- A year later, she worked as a professional dancer, appearing as a go-go dancer in New York City and at the Peppermint Box in New Jersey.
- In the 1960s, She moved to California for a dance gig. Meanwhile, she also began her acting career by playing the role of a ‘dumb blonde girlfriend’ in CBS’s sitcom ‘Good Morning, World’.
- After that, she gained international attention from the sketch comedy, ‘Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In’.
- ‘Laugh-In’ opened the gateway to the big screen debut for her. She played the role of a bubbly dancer in the 1968 movie, ‘The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band’.
- In the early 1970s, Her ‘Laugh-In’ character found her many more film roles.
- In 1969, she exhibited the same chirpiness and verve in the film ‘Cactus Flower’. It was her first full-fledged movie role and earned her an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- She next starred in ‘There’s a Girl in My Soup’, ‘$’ and ‘Butterflies are Free’.
- In 1972, She also tried her hand at singing.
- She recorded and released a solo country LP, ‘Goldie’, for Warner Brothers. The album received positive reviews from both critics and the audience.
- In 1974-75, three of her satirical dramas hit the box office, including ‘The Girl from Petrovka,’ ‘The Sugarland Express’, and ‘Shampoo’.
- In 1976, she was seen in ‘The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox’.
- After 1976, She took two years of a sabbatical from films. However, she made a comeback in 1978, hosting television special, ‘The Goldie Hawn Special’.
- Despite her two year break from camera, She was magical as a host. The show was a super hit and earned a Primetime Emmy nomination.
- In 1980, she starred in the primetime variety special, ‘Goldie and Liza Together’. The show was a massive hit, garnering four prestigious Emmy nominations.
- In the same year, she was seen in the comedy, ‘Private Benjamin’ which she co-produced as well. The movie was highly successful and people adored her acting abilities.
- Her brilliance in the role can be gauged by the fact that it earned her, her second Academy nomination in the best actress category.
- Some of the successful box office blockbusters that she starred in include comedies ‘Seems Like Old Times’, ‘Protocol’, and ‘Wildcats’ and dramas ‘Best Friends’ and ‘Swing Shift’.
- However, she ended the 1980s decade with the movie ‘Overboard’.
- In the 1990s, She had some commercially successful films like ‘Deceived’, ‘CrissCross’, and ‘Death Becomes Her’ and critically panned one like ‘Bird on a Wire’.
- She took a hiatus from films in the initial years of the 1990s to care for her mother before returning as a film producer of the satirical comedy, ‘Something to Talk About’.
- In 1996, She came back to face the camera for the super successful and critically acclaimed film, ‘The First Wives Club’. Her portrayal of an aging, alcoholic character Elise Elliot was to the point.
- The same year, she saw the release of yet another super hit musical ‘Everyone Says I Love You’.
- In 1997, she made her directorial debut with the television film, ‘Hope’ starring Christine Lahti and Jena Malone.
- Her career took a hit when ‘The Out-of-Towners’ and ‘Town & Country’ flopped.
- The 2002 film, ‘The Banger Sisters’ was her last film for more than a decade and a half.
- In 2003, She founded The Hawn Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides youth education programs intended to improve academic performance through "life-enhancing strategies for well-being".
- The Hawn Foundation has supported research studies conducted by external researchers to evaluate the effectiveness of its educational program for children, called Mind-UP.
- In 2005, Her autobiography, A Lotus Grows in the Mud, was published.
- In 2013, She guest-starred in an episode of 'Phineas and Ferb', in which she provided the voice of neighbor Peggy McGee.
- In 2017, She came out of her 15 years long hiatus to star in the comedy, ‘Snatched’, playing mother to Amy Schumer’s character.
- In 2018, She appeared as Mrs. Claus in the Netflix film 'The Christmas Chronicles'. She will reprise the role in the film's sequel, set for 2020.
Who is Goldie Hawn married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Goldie has been married twice to date. Firstly, she hot married Gus Trikonis on 16th May 1969. But their union relationship not much stronger so they divorced in 1976. Even the dated Ted Grossman and Bruno Wintzell while she was a martial relationship with Trikois.
After that, she married her second time with Bill Hudson. The pair met on a flight to Los Angeles. Together, the pair blessed two children named Oliver and Kate Hudson. Sadly, the pair separated in 1980 and later divorced in 1982 after eight years of marriage.
She also dated several celebrities like Yves Tenier and Tom Selleck after separated from Hudson. After a year of her divorce, she has a romantic relationship with Kury Russell. The couple first met while filming The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band in 1966, but became involved after reconnecting on the set of Swing Shift. Together, the lovebirds have a son named Wyatt. Sadly, the lovebird's relationship turned sour slowly in 2000 and again in 2004. At the time, she has rumors linked with Charles Glass and Imran Khan. However, the lovebirds later patch up and still today they were together and lives blissfully life without rumors of separation.
How much is Goldie Hawn worth?
Being an actress and singer, Goldie earns an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry since 1967. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $70 million at present.
Also, Ѕhе іѕ а ѕuрроrtеr оf thе LGВТ соmmunіtу аnd she іѕ thе fоundеr оf thе nоn-рrоfіt оrgаnіzаtіоn ‘Тhе Наwn Fоundаtіоn.’ She оwnѕ а hоmе іn Раlm Dеѕеrt, Саlіfоrnіа, аnd hаѕ mаnу fаnѕ асrоѕѕ thе wоrld оf аll аgеѕ.
How tall is Goldie Hawn?
Observing her body physics, Goldie stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 57 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of blue eyes and brown hair color. Further, she has a slim body with a body measurement of 34-24-36 inches.
Trivias About Goldie Hawn You Need To Know.
- She was invited by her alma mater American University to deliver the commencement speech at the graduation ceremony of the Class of 2002.
- After dropping out of the American University, she started running her own ballet school.
- In 2003, she established the Hawn Foundation, which is a non-profit organization that runs various youth education programs aimed to improve academic performance.
- She is a staunch supporter of the LGBT rights and has often slammed countries that have anti-gay laws in her speeches.