Grace VanderWaal - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Family, Boyfriend, Height
Grace VanderWaal is an American versatile singer, songwriter, and actress who came to the limelight after she won the 11th season of America’s Got Talent in 2016 singing her original songs. She released her debut album Just the Beginning in November 2017 via Columbia Records. It peaked at #22 on Billboard 200. Her renowned other albums, songs, and EP are Moonlight, So Much More Than This, Just the Beginning, Perfectly Imperfect, I Don’t Know My Name, and Ur So Beautiful. She made her first TV show appearance in 2016 as a participant in America’s Got Talent. She started composing her songs by the age of 3. She used to have a wireless microphone for the task. She is also adept at playing piano and saxophone. In 2020, she made her acting debut with the Disney+ musical drama film Stargirl in the role of Susan “Stargirl” Caraway. In March 2021, she released new music with a music video, titled Don’t Assume What You Don’t Know. She won the 2017 Radio Disney Music Award for “Best New Artist” and a Teen Choice Award as well as received the 2017 Billboard Women in Music Rising Star Award.
What is Grace VanderWaal Famous For?
- Being a singer, songwriter, and actress.
- For her distinctive vocals and has often accompanied herself on the ukulele.
- For winning the 11th edition of the NBC-TV talent hunt show America’s Got Talent.
- Being touted as the next Taylor Swift by the judges of America’s Got Talent.
Who are Grace VanderWaal Parents?
Grace VanderWaal was born on January 15, 2004. She took birth in the Kansas City metropolitan area, Kansas, USA. Her birth name is Grace Avery VanderWaal. About her parents, she is the daughter of Tina VanderWaal (mother) and Dave VanderWaal (father). She has an older sister, Olivia, and an older brother, Jakob. Her dad is a vice president of marketing at LG Electronics. She holds an American nationality and her ethnicity is mixed as she is of Dutch descent on her father’s side and has Scottish roots on her mother’s side. She is homeschooled as per her education and she got enrolled in a couple of online courses for 7th grade to keep up her studies. Later, she attended public school. She is set to graduate from the Laurel Springs School in 2022. Her present age is 18 as of 2022.
Grace VanderWaal Career Timeline
- Grace began singing and making songs at the age of 3.
- In 2015, she started recording song covers and original songs which she posted on her YouTube channel.
- In July 2016, after her audition on AGT, she performed at the Lafayette Theatre in Suffern and then at the Ramapo Summer Concert Series at Palisades Credit Union Park.
- She auditioned for the show with her unique melody "I Don’t Know My Name" on 7th June 2016. She was selected by one of the show's judges, Howie Mandel, as his "golden buzzer" act to skip the next round and perform in the live quarterfinal round.
- Then, she continued to perform her original songs on the show; for her next performance at the quarterfinals on August 23, 2016, she sang "Beautiful Thing", a song that she wrote for her sister.
- She performed "Light the Sky" for the semi-finals on 30th August and for the September 13 finals, she sang "Clay", a song about dealing with bullies.
- After that, she performed "I Don't Know My Name" at the September 14 finale results episode.
- At the end of the broadcast, VanderWaal was announced as the season 11 winner becoming the second female winner and the second child winner in the show's history.
- She was a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon in September 2016.
- She also headlined America's Got Talent Holiday Spectacular in December on NBC, where she performed her arrangement of "Frosty the Snowman".
- In September 2016, she signed a recording deal with Columbia Records. Through it, she released her debut EP "Perfectly Imperfect" on 2nd December 2016. The EP debuted on the Billboard 200 albums chart at No. 9 and was the best-selling EP of 2016.
- She sang "I Don't Know My Name" on Live with Kelly in January 2017.
- She sang "Light the Sky" at the annual benefit gala "One Night for One Drop", organized by Cirque du Soleil at the New York-New York Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
- She appeared twice at the 2017 Special Olympics World Winter Games in Austria.
- In August, she returned to AGT as a guest performer, singing "Moonlight".
- Also, she appeared on "Treehouse Masters" in an episode about the tree houses that VanderWaal had planned.
- She released her debut album "Just the Beginning" on November 3, 2017. The album debuted on the Billboard 200 albums chart at No. 22.
- She began her first solo concert tour, the Just the Beginning Tour, on November 5, 2017, which ran through February 2018.
- In April 2018, she performed on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
- She recorded her first soundtrack song, "Hideaway" in early 2019.
- In 2020, she starred in her acting debut as Susan "Stargirl" Caraway in Disney+'s Stargirl.
- She reprised the role of Stargirl in the 2022 sequel, "Hollywood Stargirl". The film was released on 3rd June 2022, on Disney+.
Awards and Achievements
- Won Radio Disney Music Awards in 2017
- Won Teen Choice Awards in 2017
- Won Billboard Women in Music 2017
- Won MTV Europe Music Awards in 2018
- Won 32nd Japan Gold Disc Awards in 2018
Grace VanderWaal Boyfriend: Is She Dating Someone?
Grace VanderWaal is currently single which means she is not dating anyone and she has no boyfriend at present. She is an aspiring singer who is currently focusing on her career rather than being in a relationship. She is enjoying her present life happily without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Grace VanderWaal Net Worth?
Grace VanderWaal is a very talented singer and songwriter who has made a net worth of $4 million as of 2022 from her music profession which is her main source of wealth. Apart from this, her secondary source of wealth is from the acting and modeling profession. She was reportedly paid a base salary of $125K for the film "Stargirl" in 2020. For the sequel of the Stargirl film, she was allegedly paid a base salary of $250K. She is leading a lavish lifestyle at present. She is making an annual salary of around $1 Million. Also, she has endorsed Fender Musical Instruments.
How tall is Grace Vanderwaal?
Beautiful singer and songwriter, Grace stands at the height of 5 feet 5 inches or 1.65 m. Her slim body weight consists of 48 Kg or 106 lbs. Her distinctive features are Bangs in her hairstyle. Her shoe size is 6.5 (US). She has blonde hair color and blue colored eyes. She has got a healthy body as of now.
Trivias About Grace VanderWaal You Need To Know.
- She decided to learn the ukulele after watching a Brazilian au pair play and seeing a Twenty One Pilots video on YouTube.
- She also played the saxophone in her school's marching band.
- She includes among her musical influences such artists as Jason Mraz, Twenty One Pilots and Katy Perry.
- Simon Cowell called VanderWaal "the next Taylor Swift."
- In 2016, Billboard magazine included her in the “21 Under 21” list of music’s hottest young stars.
- By winning America’s Got Talent, she created history by becoming the first 12-year-old to win the competition.
- In 2020, she made her acting debut with the Disney+ musical drama film Stargirl in the role of Susan “Stargirl” Caraway.