Jackie Chan - Bio, Net Worth, Affair, Son, Wife, Nationality, Awards, Age, Facts, Wiki, Career, Joan Lin, Height, Family, Ethnicity, Movies, Famous
Chan Kong-sang famed as Jackie Chan is a Hong Kongese martial artist, actor, film director, producer, stuntman, and singer. He is best known for his acrobatic fighting style, comic timing, use of improvised weapons, and innovative stunts, which he typically performs himself, in the cinematic world. Forbes estimated his net worth to be $350 million in 2015, and as of 2016, he was the second-highest paid actor in the world. Some of his notable movies are Police Story, Rush Hour, Drunken Master, The Karate Kid, The Foreigner, Kung Fu Yoga and more.
Jackie Chan To Receive Britannia Awards
Jackie Chan will receive BAFTA Los Angeles’ Albert R. Broccoli Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Entertainment this year. The honor will be bestowed during the 2019 British Academy Britannia Awards on October 25 at the Beverly Hilton. Chan joins an honors list for this year that already includes Jane Fonda, who will receive the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film. He Chan joins an honors list for this year that already includes Jane Fonda, who will receive the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film. He was awarded a Honorary Oscar Lifetime Achievement Award in 2016. “Over his 50-year career, Jackie has become a beloved, revered personality we all know and love for his innovative stunt work and unique blend of martial arts and comedy. He rose from rags-to-riches through years of hard work and tireless dedication to perfecting his craft, ultimately earning him global fame and success,” BAFTA Los Angeles CEO Chantal Rickards said Thursday in announcing the award. “We are delighted to honor this inspirational actor with the Albert R. Broccoli Britannia Award for Worldwide Contribution to Entertainment.”
- Being one of the most famous martial artists as well as action stars.
- Starring in a number of box office monumental successes such as Who Am I? (1998) and Shanghai Noon (2000).
Early Life of Jackie Chan
Jackie Chan was born as Chan Kong-sang on 7th April 1954 in Victoria Peak, British Hong Kong. His nationality is Chinese and his ethnicity is White. As of 2019, he celebrated his 65th birthday. He was born to Charles Chan and Lee-Lee Chan, his parents. His parents nicknamed him Pao-Pao. His parents worked for the French ambassador in Hong Kong, and Chan spent his formative years within the grounds of the consul's residence in the Victoria Peak district. He attended the Nah-Hwa Primary School on Hong Kong Island, where he failed his first year, after which his parents withdrew him from the school. His siblings are Fang Shide (Older Step-Brother), Fang Shisheng (Older Step-Brother), Guilan Chan (Older Half-Sister), Yulan Chan (Older Half-Sister). His religion is Buddhism and his horoscope sign is Aries.
Body Measurements of Jackie Chan
Jackie Chan is a very handsome person with an athletic body build. He has a tall height of 5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm with a balanced weight of 75 Kg. His eye color is Dark Brown and hair color is Black. His chest size is 41 in, biceps size is 15 in and waist size is 33 in. His other body measurements will be added soon.
Career of Jackie Chan
- Jackie began his career by appearing in small roles at the age of five as a child actor.
- He appeared with some of his fellow "Little Fortunes" in the film Big and Little Wong Tin Bar (1962) with Li Li-Hua playing his mother when he was eight.
- He appeared in extras of The Love Eterne (1963) and had a small role in King Hu's 1966 film Come Drink with Me.
- He made his appearance as an extra in another kung fu film, A Touch of Zen in 1971.
- He worked as a stuntman in the Bruce Lee films Fist of Fury and Enter the Dragon under the stage name Chan Yuen Lung at the age of 17.
- He starred in a comedic adult film All in the Family in which Chan appears in his first nude sex scene.
- He later also appeared in one other sex scene, in Shinjuku Incident.
- In the year 1976, he got a first opportunity from a film producer in Hong Kong called Willie Chan to work in his movie named ‘New Fist of Fury’ as a stuntman.
- The movie did not do very well as Chan could not exhibit Bruce Lee’s martial arts style and the whole movie was supposed to be modeled on his style.
- He then worked in the movie called ‘Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow’ in 1978 which proved to be a major success in his film career.
- After the death of martial arts prodigy Bruce Lee, it came upon Chan to follow him.
- He directed his first movie "The Young Master" in 1980 which also became a super hit and was considered to the first innovation combination of slapstick comedy and martial arts.
- He directed and starred in another venture called the ‘Dragon Lord’ in 1982.
- He starred in the movie ‘Project A’ in 1983.
- This movie was declared as the winner of the Best Action Design Award at the 3rd annual Hong Kong Film Awards.
- He produced and directed as well as starred in ‘Police Story’ in 1985.
- He formulated the ‘Jackie Chan Stuntmen Association’ in the year of 1985.
- He acted and directed the movie ‘Armour of God’ in 1987 which became his biggest domestic success at the box office.
- From 1988-1998, huge number of offers started coming his way all the way from the Hollywood, like: ‘Rumble in the Box’, 'Police Story 2', 'Armour of God II: Operation Condor', 'Police Story 3: Super Cop', 'Drunken Master II' and 'Police Story 4: First Strike'.
- He starred in the Hollywood movie ‘Rush Hour’ which was a huge hit at the box office in 1998.
- With the huge success of this movie, both the stars reteamed again for the sequel ‘Rush Hour 2’ in 2001.
- He also voiced the character ‘Shang’ in the movie ‘Mulan’ and sang its original soundtrack.
- From the years 2000-2005 he lent his voice to the cartoon ‘Jackie Chan Adventures’, to the character based on him.
- He teamed up with the British comedian Lee Evans and Claire Forlani in the movie ‘The Medallion’ in 2003.
- He worked in the movie called ‘Around the World in 80 Days’ in 2004.
- He appeared in ‘The Huadu Chronicles: Blade of the Rose’, ‘New Police Story’, ‘The Myth’ and ‘Robin-B-Hood’ in the year 2005.
- In 2007, ‘Rush Hour 3’ grossed over 258 million US dollars, in which Chan starred with Roman Polanski.
- In 2011 ‘The Karate Kid’ was remade starring Chan and Will Smith’s son Jaden Smith in it. The movie was a big success at the box office, earning over 358 million US dollars.
- The 100th movie of his career ‘1911’ was released in 2011. This movie is his first directorial venture after ‘Who Am I?’, released in 1998.
- In 2013, he starred in Police Story 2013, a reboot of the Police Story franchise directed by Ding Sheng, and it was released in China at the end of 2013.
- His next film Dragon Blade was released in early 2015 and co-starred Hollywood actors, John Cusack, and Adrien Brody.
- He was awarded the title of "Datuk" by Malaysia as he helped Malaysia to boost its tourism, especially in Kuala Lumpur where he previously shot his films in 2015.
- His new film titled Kung Fu Yoga, a Chinese-Indian project, which also starred Disha Patani, Sonu Sood and Amyra Dastur, was released in 2017.
- He starred in the 2016 action-comedy Railroad Tigers and the 2017 action-thriller The Foreigner.
- He also stars in the science-fiction film Bleeding Steel.
- In 2019 he will team up with John Cena and star in Project X-Traction.
Marital Status (Married), Wife, Chidren
Jackie Chan is a married person. In 1982, Chan married the Taiwanese actress Lin Feng-jiao, also known as Joan Lin. In the same year they had a son, Jaycee Chan who is a singer and actor. He also has a daughter named Etta Ng. He is living a happy life as of today.
Net Worth of Jackie Chan
The net worth of this famous actor will be surely in millions. Forbes estimates his net worth at $350 million (£224,000,000) as of 2015. He is the second place in Forbes highest paid actor. As of 2019, there is no information regarding his net worth and salary as of 2019 but it will be added soon. There is no doubt that he is satisfied with his earnings.