Jerzy Polomski - Bio, Net Worth, Family, Singer, Facts, Age, Height
Jerzy Pajak, professionally known as Jerzy Polomski is a Polish singer singing popular repertoire in baritone, stage artist, and actor. He is well recognized for his hit songs of the 60s and 70s, such as "Because with the girls", "The whole hall sings with us", "What the wind says", and "You will never forget". He has also given concerts both in Poland and abroad, including in Great Britain, Denmark, Czechoslovakia, as well as in Cuba, and many times in Polish diaspora centers in the USA, Canada, and Australia. Also, Jerzy was offered the lead role in the play "Achilles and the virgins" by Artur Maria Swinarski at the Music Theater in Gdynia. However, later in 2019, he ended his artistic career.
Jerzy Polomski Famous For
- He is a Polish singer singing popular repertoire in baritone, stage artist and actor.
- He recorded his hit songs of the 60s and 70s, such as "Because with the girls", "The whole hall sings with us", "What the wind says", and "You will never forget".
Where is Jerzy Polomski from?
Jerzy Polomski took birth on 18th September 1933 with the real name of Jerzy Pajak in Radom, Poland. He is Polish by nationality and Polish-white by ethnicity. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is white. Jerzy has celebrated his 88th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Virgo. He has not shared any details regarding his parents.
Moving to Jerzy's education, he graduated from the Construction Technical School at the Construction School Complex. After graduating from high school, he went to study in Warsaw. He passed the entrance examination for the architecture of his dreams but was not accepted. Later, Jerzy passed the exams and was admitted to the State Higher School of Theater in Warsaw at the Stage Department. He graduated in 1957 with a degree in drama and stage acting.
Jerzy Polomski Career
- Jerzy Polomski kicks off his career playing dramatic roles in The "Wedding" of Stanislaw Wyspianski , King Jan Kazimierz in Juliusz Slowacki's "Mazepa" , the title role in the play by Maksym Gorky "Yegor Bulyczow".
- He was then offered the lead role in the play Achilles and the virgins "Artur Maria Swinarski" at the Music Theater in Gdynia.
- In 1957, he made his debut as an actor at the Syrena-Buffo Theater in Warsaw, where he played, inter alia, in satirical compilations "Old and New Sins", and "Jokes on the Table", "Our Egg" and "What a Rich House".
- He later took second place in the Polish Radio poll for the most popular Polish singer in 1958 and recorded his first song for the radio, Piosenke dla nienajome.
- He released the song "Water carrier" and performed at the Syrena Theater in the revue "Cwierc za chimney" in 1970.
- He also gained much popularity for his song entitled "Because with girls".
- Besides, he has appeared in several films and TV series including "This is the Last Sunday", "When White Lilacs Will Bloom Again", and "Everyone Can Love".
- As well, Jerzy successfully sang covers of foreign hits: "Formidable", "Kilimandjaro", "My dear Clementine", "House of the Rising Sun", "Roza was red", and "Ah, what a night".
- He also published the book "Swiat Jerzy Polomski" by Roza Nowotarska on the American market in 1978.
- He received a distinction for the song My Youth with words by Agnieszka Osiecka in 1990.
- Jerzy recorded a new version of the song Bo zgirls with the band Big Cyc in 2006 and recorded his premiere single "Czas nas changes us" in 2007.
- He was a regular guest in Marek Sierocki 's broadcast on Vox FM radio from 16th to 20th September 2013.
- Also, he performs at Krakow's Granie na barkanie concerts but, Jerzy ended his artistic career in 2019.
Awards and Achievements
- 1973: 3rd Prize in the Prime Minister competition at the 11th National Festival of Polish Song in Opole for the piece entitled Because with girls
- 1973: Audience Award at the 11th National Festival of Polish Song in Opole for the piece entitled Because with girls
- 1993: Golden Microphone of the Polish-American Art Agency in New York
- 2009: Golden Fryderyk for lifetime achievement
- 2012: Honoris Gratia badge awarded for merits to the City of Krakow by the Mayor of the city
- 2014: Personality of the Year title for lifetime achievement
- 2016: Gold Medal for Merit to Culture - Gloria Artis
- 2017: Patriot Ring
Is Jerzy Polomski Married?
Jerzy Polomski is very much private about his relationship status as he has not shared a word about his love life with the public. So it has not been clearly disclosed if he is married or not. Respecting his decision, it can be said that he is currently living a single life. Presently, he resides in the House of Veterans of Polish Stage Artists in Skolimow. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Jerzy Polomski Net Worth?
Jerzy Polomski has established himself an identity. He has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022 whereas he also earns a fine amount salary which is around a thousand dollars per year. He has the access to all the world's luxury and comfort. Jerzy couldn't have been more thankful to god for what he's blessed with. In addition, his major source of income is his acting and singing career.
How tall is Jerzy Polomski?
Jerzy Polomski has unarguably accomplished a decent height career-wise. He has good-looking black hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is average. Jerzy has kept his body maintained, fit and fine at this age too which is so awesome.
Trivias About Jerzy Polomski You Need To Know.
- Jerzy ended his artistic career in 2019.
- He has also published the book "Swiat Jerzy Polomski" by Roza Nowotarska on the American market in 1978.
- He graduated in 1957 with a degree in drama and stage actor.
- His star sign is Virgo
- He has also given concerts both in Poland and abroad, including Great Britain, Denmark, Czechoslovakia, as well as in Cuba and many times in Polish diaspora centers in the USA , Canada and Australia.