Joe McElderry - Bio, Net Worth, Partner, Age, Family, Facts, Height, Wiki, Parents, Songs, Albums, TV Shows, Nationality, Gay, Career, Trivia
Joe McElderry is a British singer and songwriter who step into the music industry in 2007 through The X Factor. After winning the show, he got a recording contract with £1 million as a prize. Since then, he has released 5 studio albums, 12 Singles, 14 music videos, 1 soundtrack album, and two other contributions to date. Today, we are knowing him because of his songs. Although he has faced several obstacles in his childhood, he has successfully reached his goal as a singer. To know more about him, you should have read the below article.
What is Joe McElderry famous for?
- Winning the 6th season of the ITV reality show, The X Factor, in 2009.
- His first single, The Climb, peaked both on the UK Singles Chart and the Irish Singles Chart.
- Playing the character of Joseph in the musical, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat (2015).
Where is Joe McElderry from?
Joe McElderry was born in 1991 to his parents. Currently, he is 30 years old. His birth name is Joseph McElderry and his birthdate is June 16. His parents are Jim McElderry and Eileen Joyce. He is the only child of his parents. However, his parent's professional details are yet to be public. Sadly, his parents were separated when he was a child. After that, he was raised by his single in a small flat in South Shields, England, United Kingdom. Similarly, he holds British nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
For education, he went to Harton Technology College in Lisle Road, South Shields. He then attended South Tyneside College for GCE Advanced level qualification. Later, he went on to get his BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts from Newcastle College Performance Academy.
What does Joe McElderry do now?
- Joe McElderry auditioned for The X Factor in 2007 and later opted to walk away. Because he believed that he was too young compared to the other contestants.
- In 2009, he again auditioned for The X Factor and become a winner. He then got a prize as a recording contract with Simon Cowell's Syco record label, whose parent company is Sony Music Entertainment.
- The same year, he debuted his single, "The Climb." It was a contender for 2009's UK Christmas number one.
- His single was nominated in the British Single category at the 2010 BRIT Awards but lost out to fellow X Factor contestants JLS.
- In 2010, he recorded his debut album, "Wide Awake."
- In 2011, his contract with Simon Cowell's Syco record label was terminated.
- The same year, he released his second and third albums. They are "Classic" and "Classic Christmas."
- In 2012, he made an appearance on the BBC TV series The Magicians and Newsround.
- The same year, he released his fourth studio album, "Here's What I Believe." It reached number 8 in the charts, making it his third album to reach the top 10.
- In 2013, he signed to London-based Touchstone Media Group/Celeb Agents as his new management. Also, he was awarded a Variety Silver Heart award.
- The same year, he released another single, "Wonderful Dream (Holidays are Coming)."
- In 2014, he performed a fifty-date tour throughout the UK called the Set Your Soul Alive tour. Also, he appeared on Kerry Ellis' self-titled album on a cover of "(I've Had) The Time of My Life."
- In 2015, he played the lead role in the rock musical The Who's Tommy.
- In 2016, he started his Northern Light Tour.
- In 2017, he released his fifth studio album, "Saturday Night at the Movies" through Decca Records.
- The same year, he released another single, "Gloria."
- In 2020, he appeared in a music video, "O Holy Night."
- In 2021, he released other singles. They are "Baby Had Your Fun" and "I Am an Army."
Who is Joe McElderry's partner?
Joe McElderry is currently said to be single. There is no such information available that indicates that he is in a relationship. However, he was harassed by a hacker between 2010 and 2011. He then publicly revealed that he was gay. Currently, he seems to be happy with his life. Let's see what news came out in the future. Until then stay in touch with us for new updates.
What is Joe McElderry's net worth?
Joe McElderry has been engaged in the music industry since 2007. During his career, he has released 5 studio albums, 12 Singles, 14 music videos, and 1 soundtrack album. Thus, he has earned the sum of a good amount of money and fame throughout his career. Based on some online sites, his current estimated net worth is said to be $5 million. However, his salary and other financial details are yet to be disclosed. Further, he has served as an ambassador for the Teenage Cancer Trust which also adds her fortune.
How tall is Joe McElderry?
Joe McElderry has an athletic body build with a height of 6 feet 0 inches and 70 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of blue eyes and his hair color is dark brown. He used to wear 8 (UK) shoe sizes. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know. Overall, he has a healthy body.
Trivias About Joe McElderry You Need To Know.
- His parents got divorced when he was a kid.
- He has worked as a DJ on Newcastle’s Metro Radio.
- In 2010, he participated in the Great North Run half marathon 13.1 mile race to raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust.
- He was harassed by a hacker between 2010 and 2011.
- He went to one of Elton John’s concert in 2013 to see him perform live but the show was canceled as Elton got sick.