John Delaney Bio, Net Worth, Delaney, Congressman, Delaney for President, Debate, Democratic Debate, Democratic Candidates, News, Polls, Age, Wiki
Who is John Delaney? What makes his famous?
John Delaney is an American politician, entrepreneur, and businessman who is running for President of the United States in 2020. He was the United States Representative for Maryland's 6th congressional district from 2013 to 2019. He is a member of the Democratic Party. On July 28, 2017, Delaney became the first Democrat to announce he is running for president in 2020. Delaney did not run for re-election to Congress in 2018, preferring to focus on his presidential campaign, and David Trone was elected to succeed him.
Who are the parents of John Delaney?
Back to his early life, Delaney grew up in Wood-Ridge, New Jersey as a John Kevin Delaney. He is the son of Elaine (Rowe) and Jack Delaney, an electrician. He is American by nationality and belongs to Irish ancestry. Delaney claims to be of the Catholic faith. Delaney spent part of his youth working at his father's construction site.
Regarding his education, He graduated from Bergen Catholic High School, and went on to earn a bachelor's degree from Columbia University, in 1985, and a law degree from Georgetown University Law Center, in 1988. In February 2015, Delaney received an honorary doctor of laws degree from Washington College in Chestertown, Maryland.
When did John Delaney pursue his business career?
- After his law school, with the help of some great partners, Delaney co-founded two companies that were publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange. He won the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2004.
- In 1993, he co-founded Health Care Financial Partners (HCFP), to make loans available to smaller-sized health care service providers purportedly ignored by larger banks. HCFP went public in 1996, and its stock began trading on the New York Stock Exchange in 1998. Health Care Financial Partners was acquired by Heller Financial in 1999.
- In 2000, Delaney co-founded CapitalSource, a commercial lender headquartered in Chevy Chase, Maryland; the company provided capital to roughly 5,000 small and mid-size businesses before his departure.
- In 2010, during Delaney's tenure as CEO, CapitalSource was awarded a Bank Enterprise Award from the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund by the U.S. Treasury Department for its investment in low-income and economically distressed communities. In 2005, CapitalSource was named one of Washingtonian Magazine's best places to work for its company culture and employee benefits.
- CapitalSource continued to be publicly traded on the NYSE after Delaney's election, making him the only former CEO of a publicly traded company serving in the 113th United States Congress.
- In early 2019, His company again partnered with Georgetown University Law Center to sponsor a group of law students and professors who traveled to a detention center on U.S.–Mexico border in Dilley, Texas. There, they helped process the cases of mothers and children who were seeking asylum.
Source: [email protected]
Who is the wife of John Delaney? How many children they have?
Reflecting his personal life, John is a married man. He has married the daughter of the potato farmer whose name is April. The couple first met as law students at Georgetown University. Later, they fall in love and tied the knot.
As of now, the couple blessed four daughters whose name is yet to be disclosed. They lived a blissful life without any rumors. For more update, stay tuned with us.
How much net worth John Delaney owns?
Delaney has been actively running for president since 2017, just several months after Trump was inaugurated. Delaney has spent most of his almost two-year-old campaign self-funding from his large personal wealth.
According to some online sources, His net worth somewhere around $180 million at present. however, His salary is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
How tall is John Delaney?
The information about John's body statistics is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- Scholarships helped him attend college thanks to his father's labor union (IBEW Local 164) as well as the American Legion, VFW, and the Lions Club.
- His time in business taught him many important skills required to be a successful political leader – management, job creation, strategy, idea generation, communication, and teamwork. But it’s my blue-collar roots, faith, commitment to social justice, and strong progressive values that inspired me to run for Congress and commit my life to public service.