Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 05:46 pm
Facts About John Mellencamp
|Celebrated Name||John Mellencamp|
|Age||71 Years Old|
|Birth Name||John J. Mellencamp|
|Profession||Musician , Actor , Director|
|Place Of Birth||Seymour, U.S|
|Spouse||Priscilla Esterline (M. 1969; Div. 1981), Vicky Granucci (M. 1981; Div. 1989) and Elaine Irwin (M. 1992; Div. 2011)|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Music Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagarm, Twitter, Facebook|
John Mellencamp is a rock musician who specializes in the genre of heartland rock characterized by traditional instrumentation. A highly successful artist, he has sold over 40 million albums worldwide and has seven No.1 hits on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks, the maximum for a solo artist. He had always been musically inclined and formed his first band when he was just 14 years old. He also played with several other local bands. His works are not just popular and commercially successful but have also achieved high critical appreciation. In addition to being a musician, he is also a painter who often holds exhibitions to showcase his work. To know about him, scroll the page below!
Where is John Mellencamp born?
Recalling his early life, John Mellencamp born in Seymour, the United State. He is the son of Richard Mellencamp and Marilyn Lowe. His birth name is John J Mellencamp. He belongs to the American nationality as well as belongs to the German, Scottish, English, Scots-Irish Welsh, French, and remote Flemish.
Additionally, he has altogether four siblings named Ted Mellencamp, Joe Mellencamp, Laura Hackman, and Janet Kiel. Furthermore, in 1974, he had graduated from Vincennes University.
When did John Mellencamp pursue his music career?
- Starting his career history, he had begun by recording The Kid Inside, the follow-up to Chestnut Street Incident, in 1977. He had started playing in a cover band called Crepe Soul.
- In 1978, he had eventually improved and released his single “I Need a Lover”. This song hit in Australia, and then a Top 30 track in the U.S. upon it. In 1982, he had big breakthrough came with the chart-topping album American Fool. The next year (1983), he had enjoyed more commercial success with Uh-Huh, which became a Top 10 album on the strength of three hit singles.
- Similarly, he had acclaimed Scarecrow which featured a mixture of styles, from the uptempo “R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A in 1985. He continued to mature as an artist with his next recording. In 1987, he had his recording named The Lonesome Jubilee which featured some experimentation with a folk rock-type sound. In 1992, he had tried his hand at acting. He directed and starred in a semi-autobiographical drama about a successful musician returning to his small-town roots.
- Likewise, delivered Human Wheels, scoring solid radio play with its title track and “What if I Came Knocking.” in 1993.
- He had continued churning out music that reflected his musings on life and middle age via the albums John Mellencamp in 1998, Rough Harvest in 1999 and Cuttin’ Heads in 2001. In 2009, he had recorded new songs at a series of historic locations in the South, including the First African Baptist Church in Savannah, Georgia, and Sun Studio in Memphis, Tennessee. He had also revealed his talents as a painter to a wider audience in 2012. He had released his first studio album in four years, the folk-and-blues infused Plain Spoken in 2014.
- In addition to his work on Sad Clowns & Hillbillies, Mellencamp wrote the title song to the 2017 American war movie The Yellow Birds, which was released on June 15, 2018, by Saban Films.
- Mellencamp released a compilation album of cover songs titled Other People's Stuff on December 7, 2018. He began a 39-date theater tour in February 2019, dubbed "The John Mellencamp Show," that concluded April 30, 2019, in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- In two separate 2018 television interviews, Mellencamp teased a new musical he is working on based on his 1982 No. 1 hit "Jack & Diane". On June 12, 2019, Republic Records, Federal Films and Universal Music Theatricals announced that the musical is officially in development.
What are the achievements of John Mellencamp?
He has received 13 Grammy Award nominations so far. He won the Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Performer for ‘Hurts So Good’ in 1982. In 1991 he was presented with the Nordoff-Robbins Silver Clef Special Music Industry Humanitarian Award.
Who is John Mellencamp married to?
Reflecting his personal life, The prominent Musician John Mellencamp is in the long-time relationship with Meg Ryan since Nov 2014. In November 2018, the couple became engaged. He has even been in relationships with Christie Brinkley in 2015-2016 and had an encounter with Mariel Hemingway in 1991.
Earlier, he had even married to Elaine Irwin 1992-2011, Vicky Granucci 1981-1989 and Priscilla Esterline 1969-1981. He has altogether five children named Teddi Jo Mellencamp, Hud Mellencamp, Speck Mellencamp, Michelle Mellencamp, and Justice Mellencamp.
But there is no issue of separation between the blessed couple. Their relationship is depending on mutual trust and understanding. They both are loyal to each other.
How much net worth does John Mellencamp?
As a musician for a long time, John must earn the sum of a good amount of money from his successful music career. His estimated net worth said to be $25 million as of 2019 while his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is John Mellencamp?
Moving towards his body measurements, he has maintained his height of 5 feet 7 inches and weight is 143 lbs. His hair color is dark brown and eyes color which is blue. Besides this, there is no information regarding his other body measurements. In the case of an update, we will let you know.
Trivias About John Mellencamp You Need To Know.
- Suffered a mild heart attack in the midst of a 1994 tour.
- Co-founded Farm Aid (benefitting family farmers) with Neil Young and Willie Nelson.
- Smoked five packs of cigarettes a day until his heart attack. He still continues to smoke three packs a day.