Jonathan Majors - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Girlfriend, Ethnicity, Height
Jonathan Majors is an American actor who is known for his role in "The Last Black Man in San Francisco" (2019). In the year 2020, he garnered wider notice for portraying Atticus Freeman in the HBO television series "Lovecraft Country". He has appeared in several other movies such as Out of Blue (2018) and in numerous television shows including When We Rise (2017). He also appeared as He Who Remains in the Disney+ series "Loki" (2021). He will be appeared in the films "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania" (2023) and "Avengers: The Kang Dynasty" (2025).
What is Jonathan Majors Famous For?
- Being an American Actor.
- For his role in the independent feature film "The Last Black Man in San Francisco" (2019) as Montgomery Allen.
What is Jonathan Majors's Ethnicity?
Majors was born with the birth name of Jonathan Michael Majors on September 7, 1989. He is from Dallas, Texas, the USA. His nationality is American whereas his ethnicity is Mixed as he is of African-American descent. His father was in the Air Force and his mother is a pastor. He grew up with his two siblings; Monica (Older Sister), and Cameron (Younger Brother) (who worked at Vandenberg Military Base). Majors said in 2020 that, "Our father, who loved us dearly, just kind of disappeared one day ... and he resurfaced 17 years later." The family soon moved to Dallas, Texas. He has lived in Georgetown, Texas, outside of Austin, Texas, and later grew up in Cedar Hill, Texas. After transferring from Cedar Hill High School, he graduated from Duncanville High School in 2008. After that, he studied for his bachelor's degree at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts, and later attended the Yale School of Drama; he graduated with an MFA degree in 2016.
Jonathan Majors Career Timeline
- Majors initially played an onscreen roles in the ABC miniseries "When We Rise". He portrayed real-life gay activist Ken Jones; as part of his research for the role, he met with Jones before playing him.
- Then, he appeared in his first feature film role as Corporal Henry Woodson in the revisionist Western film "Hostiles".
- In 2018, he was seen in the films "White Boy Rick" and "Out of Blue".
- In 2019, he rose to prominence after starring in Joe Talbot's critically acclaimed independent feature film "The Last Black Man in San Francisco". Former President of the United States Barack Obama rated it as one of the best films of 2019.
- He also appeared in three other 2019 film releases: "Captive State", "Gully", and "Jungleland".
- In the year 2020, he starred in Spike Lee's war drama film "Da 5 Bloods", and portrayed Atticus Freeman in the HBO television series "Lovecraft Country".
- In September, he was cast as villain Kang the Conqueror in the "Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania".
- He debuted in the Marvel Cinematic Universe Disney+ series Loki as "He Who Remains", a variant of Kang.
- In the year 2021, he starred as the lead actor in Jeymes Samuel's directorial debut film "The Harder They Fall".
Jonathan Majors Awards and Achievements
- Nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor and Outstanding Breakthrough Performance, Male at the 20th annual Black Reel Awards for his work in The Last Black Man in San Francisco
- Won the First Place Award at the National Drama Competition held by the National Society of Arts & Letters (NSAL) in 2015
- Nominated for the Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series and the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for "Lovecraft Country"
Who is Jonathan Majors's Wife?
Jonathan Majors's marital status is unclear but he has one child, a daughter with an unidentified woman. He remains silent when it comes to his personal life. He is enjoying his present life a lot as well as he is focusing on his career. His sexual orientaiton is straight and he is not gay.
What is Jonathan Majors's Net Worth?
Jonathan Majors is a successful actor who has appeared in many movies and TV series. As of 2022, the net worth of Jonathan is estimated to have $2 Million. Her salary is around $500K at present. His source of wealth comes from the entertainment industry, promotions, and brand collaborations. Today, he is living a cool lifestyle from his earnings.
How tall is Jonathan Majors?
Jonathan Majors has a tall height of 6 ft or 183 cm and his body weight consists of 75 kg or 165.5 lbs. His hair color is black and he has a pair of dark brown eyes. He has a light beard and mustache. He maintains his body a lot and his body type is athletic.
Trivias About Jonathan Majors You Need To Know.
- He landed his first on-screen role in the TV show When We Rise while he was a student at Yale.
- His born name is Jonathan Michael Majors.
- Virgo is his zodiac sign.
- He is the recipient of the National Society of Arts and Letters (NSAL), National Drama Competition.
- He has a daughter from an unidentified woman.