Josef Martinez - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Current Team, Nationality, Contract, Transfer, Injury, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family, Wife, Height, Penalty, News
Who is Josef Martinez? What makes Josef Martinez famous?
For football fans worldwide, the name Josef Martinez might not yet ring a bell, but if the Atlanta United FC striker continues at his current pace, he may well end up at one of Europe’s top Clubs in the near future. Blessed with incredible goal awareness and off-the-ball movement, Josef is ripping up the record books for goals per game, expected goal ratio and other metrics used in judging a forward. He has not scored the most goals in MLS history just yet, but the frequency at which he puts away his chances is second to none. In his first season, for instance, Josef scored an impressive 19 goals in 20 games and finished the season as the 4th highest goal scorer even though he missed 13 games due to injury.
Who are the parents of Josef Martinez?
Back to his early life, Josef Martinez was born in Valencia, Carabobo, Venezuela. He holds Venezuelan nationality. His birth sign is Taurus. He started his career with Caracas. He was acquired by the Swiss Super League club Young Boys before Spending a year on loan at Thun.
There is no information about his educational background and parents. In the case of revealed, we will let you know.
When dis Josef Martinez pursue his football career?
- Martínez made his debut for Caracas FC on 21 August 2010 against Estudiantes de Mérida.
- Martínez made his international debut on 7 August 2011 against El Salvador as a substitute in the 76th minute. On 10 November 2016 (matchday 11 of the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification), Martínez scored a hat-trick against Bolivia in a 5–0 win in Maturín.
- On 3 January 2012, Caracas announced Martínez had been sold to BSC Young Boys of the Swiss Super League for a period of four years along with fellow right-back Alexander Gonzalez. He debuted on 5 February 2012 against Servette FC, which the Young Boys won 3–1. After a string of good performances, Martínez was called up to the Venezuela national team, as well as awarded his first start for Young Boys on 21 October 2012, in which he scored his first goal for the Swiss club with a volley in the 50th minute against Grasshopper Club Zürich.
- After one season in the Swiss capital city, he was sent on loan to Thun. After scoring 8 goals in 18 games with the team from Bernese Oberland, he was momentarily the top scorer in the Swiss Super League and recalled by Young Boys.
- On 7 June 2014, Martínez was sold to Italian Serie A club Torino for a reported fee of €3 million. He made his debut in a 0–3 away win against Sweden's Brommapojkarna in the third round of the 2014–15 Europa League.
- He made his league debut on 14 September in a 2–0 loss away to Sampdoria. On 7 December, he scored his first goal in Serie A during a 2–2 draw with Palermo. Four days later, he scored his first brace in the Europa League against Copenhagen, which ended 1–5 in favor of Torino.
- On 30 April 2016, he scored his first brace in Serie A, as Torino won 1–5 away to Udinese.
- On 2 February 2017, Martínez was loaned with a buying option to Major League Soccer expansion team Atlanta United. He made his league debut on 5 March in a 1–2 home defeat against New York Red Bulls. He scored his first career hat-trick, and the first hat-trick in the history of the club, in a 6–1 win at Minnesota United the following week.
- On 24 August 2018, he scored his 28th goal of the season, a game winner in Orlando City, to break the league single-season record of 27, held by Roy Lassiter, Chris Wondolowski, and Bradley Wright-Phillips. After failing to capitalize on numerous opportunities, Martínez utilized his quick footwork to cut back against the defender and then chip Joe Bendik to set the record in just his 26th match. He was named MLS Player of the Month for August 2018.
Is Josef Martinez married?
Reflecting his personal life, Josef Martinez is an unmarried man. There is no information about his girlfriend and affairs on the internet. That's mean, it is yet to be revealed. In the case of revealed, we will let you know.
How much net worth is Josef Martinez owns?
Josef Martinez estimated net worth between $100k to 1M and his salary is unknown. He earns a good amount of money from his profession. His market value is 10 million euro as of 2019.
How tall is Josef Martinez?
Observing his body statistics, Josef stands 5 feet 7.5 inches tall and body weight is unknown. He has an athletic body build with blonde hair and black eyes. His other body information is yet to be revealed. In the case of revealed, we will let you know.