Josh Taylor (Boxer) - Bio, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Age, Facts, Height
Josh Taylor is a Scottish professional boxer who is currently a unified light-welterweight world champion, having held the IBF and Ring magazine titles since 2019, and the WBO title since 2021. Previously, he held the WBA (Super) title from 2019 to May 2022 and the WBC title from 2021 to July 2022. He held the Commonwealth light-welterweight title from 2016 to 2017 at the regional level, and as an amateur boxer, he won a lightweight silver medal at the 2010 Commonwealth Games and light-welterweight gold at the 2014 edition. With his win over José Ramírez in 2021, he became the second Scotsman to be an undisputed champion and the first Briton to do so in the four-belt era. He is nicknamed "The Tartan Tornado" for his aggressive boxing style. As of May 2022, he is ranked as the world's best active light-welterweight by BoxRec and the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board (TBRB). Regarding his boxing record, he fought 19 matches at the time of writing out of which he won all the fights via KO.
What is Josh Taylor Famous For?
- Being a Scottish boxer.
- Being a unified light-welterweight world champion, having held the IBF and Ring magazine titles since 2019, and the WBO title since 2021.
What is Josh Taylor's Nationality?
On 2nd January 1991, Josh Taylor took birth in Prestonpans, Scotland. His nationality is Scottish and his ethnicity is Scottish-White. His present age is 31 as of 2022. His mother's name is Diane Taylor. He has not disclosed anything about his education.
Josh Taylor Career Timeline
- Josh was a junior taekwondo champion.
- He then turned to boxer at the age of 15.
- He spent a short time at Meadowbank ABC and later moved onto Lochend ABC under coach Terry McCormack of Edinburgh.
- He won a silver medal in the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, where he was beaten by Thomas Stalker in the lightweight final by 11–3.
- Following the European Qualifying Event in Trabzon, Turkey, the ACB Lochend boxer qualified for the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, losing to number two seed, Domenico Valentino, in the round of 16.
- Later, he became the first lightweight Scottish boxer to qualify for the Olympics since Dick McTaggart, who won a gold medal in Melbourne in 1956 and a bronze in Rome at the following games.
- He reached the Commonwealth Games final again in the year 2014.
- He won the gold medal, defeating Junias Jonas of Namibia in the final.
- He also represented the British Lionhearts at the World Series of Boxing.
- He started his professional career in June 2015, signing with Barry McGuigan's Cyclone Promotions.
- He was then trained by Shane McGuigan.
- He made his debut in July 2015, defeating Archie Weah with a second-round technical knockout (TKO).
- In his seventh fight, he picked up the Commonwealth light-welterweight title by beating Dave Ryan with a fifth-round stoppage.
- He had previously held the title between 2014 and 2015.
- He won his first seven fights by knockout (KO). His KO streak came to an end against Alfonso Olvera, who went eight rounds with Taylor at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on 28 January 2017. He won the fight by unanimous decision (UD) with scores of 79–72, and 78-73 twice.
- On 24th March, he defended his Commonwealth title for the first time, beating Warren Joubert with a sixth-round TKO.
- Josh Taylor's next fight against Ohara Davies, Miguel Vázquez, Viktor Postol.
- On 30 June 2018, it was announced that Taylor would join fellow light welterweights Ryan Martin, Terry Flanagan, Regis Prograis, Eduard Troyanovsky, Anthony Yigit, Ivan Baranchyk, and WBA champion, Kiryl Relikh in the eight-man tournament.
- The first defense of his undisputed light-welterweight title had been scheduled for 18 December 2021, against WBO mandatory challenger Jack Catterall at SSE Hydro in Glasgow.
- It was announced by Taylor on 21 October that he had suffered an injury, and thus the fight was postponed to 26 February 2022.
Who is Josh Taylor's Wife?
Josh Taylor is a married man to his beautiful girlfriend-turned-wife, Danielle Murphy. After being in a relationship for more than 10 years, on December 2, 2020, Josh finally went down on one knee and popped the question to Danielle, she said "Yes." Ever since then, their bond has become stronger than ever. The married love birds are enjoying their life a lot.
In December 2019, Taylor was arrested and charged with behaving in a threatening or abusive manner due to an incident whilst partying in Edinburgh. After being asked to leave a nightclub, he said a bouncer's "nose ring is gay", and referred to the bouncer as a "gay-looking cunt" and a "big orange-looking cunt". He later pleaded guilty at Edinburgh Sheriff Court and was fined £350. He said on Twitter afterward, "I wholeheartedly apologize for my stupid actions. It has been a rollercoaster of a year for me, becoming a unified world champion and on this occasion, I've taken it too far."
What is Josh Taylor's Net Worth?
Josh Taylor is a talented boxer whose net worth is estimated to have $4 million as of 2022. His main source of wealth comes from his boxing career. He has invested some of his earnings in buying expensive cars and motorbikes. He is living a lavish lifestyle. He is making his money in thousands of dollars.
How tall is Josh Taylor?
Josh Taylor stands at the tall height of 5 feet 10 in or 1.78 m. His body weight consists of 60 kg. His highest reach is 69 1⁄2 in (177 cm). His eye color is blue and his hair color is dark brown. His body type is bodybuilder and athletic. Also, he has inked tattoos on his body part.
Trivias About Josh Taylor You Need To Know.
- As a child, Taylor was passionate about motorcycle racing, and "dreamed about being a world champion superbike racer or a world champion MotoGP racer"; he named motorcycle racers Valentino Rossi and Steve Hislop as his childhood heroes.
- He has been a supporter of Hibernian F.C. since he was a child.
- He is from Scotland.
- He turned to boxer at the age of fifteen.