Katarina Johnson-Thompson Bio, Net Worth, Boyfriend, Family, Age
Katarina Johnson-Thompson is an English heptathlete who gained fame for winning the gold medal at the 2019 World Championships and breaking the British record with a score of 6,981 points. She is professionally known as Katarina Johnson-Thompson. She finished 15th in the heptathlon at the 2012 Olympics. Katarina also holds the British record of 5,000 points for the women's pentathlon and won gold in that event at the 2015 and 2019 European Indoor Championships. As well, she won the heptathlon at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England. Besides, she has also earned a lovely fan base on her social media account as she has gained more than 242K followers on her Instagram account and over 148.3K followers on her Twitter account.
Katarina Johnson-Thompson Famous For
- She is an English heptathlete.
- She won the gold medal at the 2019 World Championships and broke the British record with a score of 6,981 points.
Where was Katarina Johnson-Thompson born?
Katarina Johnson-Thompson opened her eyes for the very first time on 9th January 1993 in Liverpool, England. Her real name is Katarina Mary Johnson-Thompson and her religion is Christian. Being born in England, she holds British nationality and she belongs to the British-white ethnicity. Katarina's present age is 29 which she celebrated recently in 2022 and as per her birthdate, her star sign is Capricorn. She is the daughter of her mother, Tracey Johnson, and her father, Ricardo Thompson (who died in November 2017). Katarina's mother is a former dancer from Liverpool, while her father was a production assistant for ZNS-TV in the Bahamas.
Talking about Katarina's education, she attended St Mark's Catholic Primary School and became interested in athletics. She later returned to Woolton, where she attended St Julie's Catholic High School. Then she went on to study sports science at Liverpool John Moores University.
Katarina Johnson-Thompson Athlete Career
- Katarina Johnson-Thompson began her career representing Liverpool Harriers after which she won the gold medal in the heptathlon at the 2009 World Youth Championships in Athletics in Brixen, Italy.
- Then in May 2012, she broke Jessica Ennis' British junior record at the Multi stars competition held in Desenzano del Garda, Italy, and a score of 6007 points was enough to take the third position at the event behind Sofía Ifadídou of Greece and French athlete Blandine Maisonnier.
- She achieved the 'A' qualifying standard for the 2012 Olympics by scoring a new personal best of 6,248 points at the TNT Fortuna Meeting in June 2012.
- However, she chose not to compete in the full heptathlon competition to save herself for the Olympics at the 2012 World Junior Championships in Athletics held in Barcelona; instead, she took part in the long jump winning a gold medal with a jump of 6.81 meters and the 100 meters hurdles.
- Subsequently, she competed for Great Britain at the 2012 Summer Olympics in the women's heptathlon alongside compatriots Jessica Ennis and Louise Hazel at the Olympic Stadium on 3rd to 4th August 2012. She finished in 13th place with a score of 6267.
- She finished in 5th place in the 2013 IAAF World Championships heptathlon and set a new long jump personal best of 6.92 m at the Glasgow Diamond League meeting on 11th July 2014.
- On 14th February 2015, she set a new British high jump record with a height of 1.97 meters at the British Indoor Championships in Sheffield as well as she set a new indoor British long jump record with a distance of 6.93 m at the Birmingham Indoor Grand Prix on 21st February 2015.
- She finished in 28th place in the heptathlon at the 2015 World Championships in Beijing after three foul jumps in the long jump in the August of the following year.
- She competed at the 2016 Hypo-Meeting in May of that year which was her first major competition since undergoing knee surgery in the autumn of 2015. She finished the competition in sixth with a score of 6,304 points securing her place at the 2016 Summer Olympics by beating the qualifying standard of 6,200 points.
- As well, she competed in the heptathlon at the 2017 World Championships in Athletics held in London on 5th to 6th August 2017 and won the 2018 World indoor pentathlon title and the 2018 Commonwealth Games heptathlon titles.
- She also recorded a new personal best of 6,813 in the Heptathlon in May 2019, at the 45th Hypomeeting in Gotzis.
- Katarina won the heptathlon 2019 World Athletics Championships in Doha, Qatar with a British record of 6981 points as well as she won the heptathlon at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England.
Awards and Achievements
- Katarina was nominated for the "European Athletics Rising Star award".
- She won Lillian Board Memorial Award at the 2012 "British Athletics Writers' Association" Awards.
Is Katarina Johnson-Thompson married?
Katarina Johnson-Thompson is in a romantic relationship with her handsome boyfriend Andrew Pozzi since 2018. Andrew is also an athlete. She is basically leading a blissful family life and therefore it's far less likely for her to get separated from her partner for any reason. It seems that Katarina is comfortable keeping her personal life open to the public. It shows how she loves her fans and leaves no page unturned to make them know what they want. Reflecting on her sexual orientation, she is straight.
What is Katarina Johnson-Thompson's net worth?
Katarina Johnson-Thompson's among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remain true to whatever she embarks on. She has a net worth of $2 million as of 2022 whereas her exact amount of salary has not been disclosed yet. She has done endorsement work for several brands such as Nike, Inc., Acuvue, Barrie Wells Trust, Bulk Powders, and many others from where she earns a handsome amount of money. In addition, her major source of income is her heptathlete career and she is sincere in her work.
How tall is Katarina Johnson-Thompson?
Katarina Johnson-Thompson's got a standard height and a convincing appearance. She is 1.83 m (6 ft 0 in) tall and her body weighs around 68 kg (150 lb). She is a beautiful lady who has dark brown hair and eyes color. Moreover, her body build type is athletic.
Did You Know?
- Some of her early funding came from the Wells Athletic Foundation.
- She set the British high jump and British indoor long jump records.
- Her father is from the Bahamas.
- She has competed against fellow English heptathlete Jessica Ennis-Hill.
- She finished 15th in the heptathlon at the 2012 Olympics.