Keely Hodgkinson Bio, Net Worth, Age, Family, Facts, Wiki, Height
Keely Nicole Hodgkinson, professionally known as Keely Hodgkinsons an English athlete specializing in the 800 meters. She rose to fame for winning the silver medal at the Tokyo Olympics, breaking the British record set by Kelly Holmes in 1995 at the age of 19. She was the Diamond League champion, and the youngest ever women's 800m European indoor champion. She also became the 800m European U18 champion and won England's U20 title at the age of 16. Keely set the British 800m indoor record, placing her sixth on the respective world all-time list in February 2022 as well as she earned a silver at the 2022 World Championships.
Keely Hodgkinson Famous For
- She is an English athlete specializing in the 800 meters.
- She won the silver medal at the Tokyo Olympics, breaking the British record set by Kelly Holmes in 1995.
Where is Keely Hodgkinson from?
Keely Hodgkinson stepped for the very first time into the world on 3rd March 2002 in Atherton, England. Her real name is Keely Nicole Hodgkinson and her nationality is British. She came from British-white ethnic background. Similarly, her religious belief is in the Christian religion and her race is white. Keely celebrated her 20th birthday recently in 2022 and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Pisces. Her mother Rachel Hodgkinson trained for a time with Leigh Harriers, and her father Dean Hodgkinson had run the London Marathon in the past. She also has three siblings.
Moving to Keely's education, she attended Fred Longworth High School in Tyldesley, and Loughborough College, and in 2020, she became a student of criminology at Leeds Beckett University and took a gap year in 2021.
Keely Hodgkinson Athlete Career
- Keely Hodgkinson began her athlete career joining Leigh Harriers at the age of nine after which she competed in the British Schools Modern Biathlon Championships in London at the age of 10 and finished second in the 500 meters with a personal best of 1:34.28 and took eighth place overall.
- She then became the first Leigh Harriers girl to win the individual under-11 title in both the South East Lancashire League and the Red Rose League for winning a one-mile cross country course.
- She became double Greater Manchester champion at the 800 and 1200 meters on the track, as a first-year U13.
- She also took her third Greater Manchester title on a 2.75 km cross country course, and later defended both her track titles.
- She finished third in the 800m under-15 events at the ESAA English Schools' Championships at the age of 14, and at the England Championships.
- She came fourth at the ESAA Championships in 2017, running in the U17 800m races, and took her first gold medal at the England Championships, setting a PB of 2:06.85.
- She ran 2:04.41 in the 800m to become the under-20 England champion in June 2018 and won a gold medal at the European U18 Championships held in Gyor.
- Keely added titles at the England under-17s, and at the UK School Games with a competition record of 2:04.89 in August, and Wigan Borough Council named her Sports Achiever of the Year in the October of the following year.
- She placed second at the England under-20s and took bronze at the U20 Europeans held in Boras, Sweden, setting a new best-of 2:03.40.
- As well, she won the Vienna Indoor Track & Field competition in a European U20 800m indoor record time of 2:01.16 on 1st February 2020 and went on to take her first national title at the British Indoor Championships.
- She won two BMC gold standard races in Trafford with an outdoor PB of 2:02.85 and lost only to the 2019 world silver medallist, Raevyn Rogers.
- She started her 2021 season with the first British women's world under-20 record for 36 years and became the youngest British winner at the European Athletics Indoor Championships.
- She secured her first major international outdoor victory at the Golden Spike in Ostrava in May 2021 and ran her first-time sub-2 minutes outdoors at a time of 1:58.89.
- Keely defended her British title at the Nationals which doubled up as Olympic trials at the end of June, securing a place on the plane to Tokyo.
- She lowered her PB to 1:57.51 when finishing fourth at the Diamond League meet in Stockholm, setting the British U23 record.
She won silver behind Athing Mu at the delayed 2020 Tokyo Games in August and broke Kelly Holmes' 26-year-old British record of 1:56.21 as well as 1978 European U20 best of 1:57.45.
- She came fifth at the USA's Prefontaine Classic in 1:58.30, second in Brussels in 1:58.16, and ended the season with a 1:57.98 victory in Zurich.
- awarded by the British Athletics Writers' Association Cliff Temple Award for British Female Athlete of the Year.
- She was not funded by UK Athletics at least until the 2021 Tokyo Summer Olympics, and it was announced in October 2021 that she has been provided funding for the Olympic podium program.
- Subsequently, she opened her indoor season on the 19th of February, racing 800m with a clear win in 1:57.20 to set the British record.
- She was a strong gold medal favorite going into the World Indoor Championships Belgrade 22 in March 2022.
- As well, she opened her summer season on 21st May at the Birmingham Diamond League, winning her specialist event and winning Eugene DL, Oslo DL, and came second in Stockholm DL behind Mary Moraa.
- Keely also won the silver medal at the World Championships in Eugene, Oregon with a season's best of 1:56.38, finishing behind only Mu in 1:56.30. Moraa in third ran a personal best of 1:56.71.
Keely Hodgkinson Personal Life: Boyfriend and Dating
Keely Hodgkinson is currently single and is focusing on her career right now to make it brighter. She has not been in any relationship and it seems like she is sharpening her strength and skills to make her all dreams come true rather than being stuck in a relationship. Further, she is free of rumors or controversies at the moment neither Keely has ever been involved in any during her past days. Concerning her sexual orientation, she is straight.
How much is Keely Hodgkinson Net Worth?
Keely Hodgkinson is a versatile lady who has a net worth of $1 million as of 2022 whereas she has also a fine amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. She is a passionate and hardworking lady, so there is no doubt her net worth and salary will surely rise higher in the future days. In addition, her major source of income is her athlete career and she is happy and satisfied with the profession she is in.
How tall is Keely Hodgkinson?
Keely Hodgkinson is a beautiful lady with an enchanting character drawing in many individuals towards her. She stands at an ideal height of 5 feet and 9 inches with a balanced body weight of 59 kg. She has good-looking blonde hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, her body build type is athletic.
Did You Know?
- Her father had run the London Marathon in past.
- At the age of 9, she joined Leigh Harries.
- Her mother Rachel trained for a time with Leigh Harriers.
- Hodgkinson won the silver medal at the World Championships in Eugene
- She is also known as The Hodge.